• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Piracetam + E experiences (new thread)

soniqast

Bluelighter
the old 'lost the magic' thread just hit 99 posts and im sure a lot of people are still awaiting results from those who are trying this combination and dont want to sift thru the other thread to find them.
anyone rolled after a couple weeks or more of Piracetam yet?

I've been taking 4000mg of piracetam daily for about a month now and rolled this past weekend. Saturday was not my first time rolling while on piracetam, but I would say I am much better acquainted with the effects of the substance than I was two weeks ago.
Piracetam Dosage: 8000mg
Time: 10:30pm
I dropped a triple stack igloo at 11:30pm on saturday and felt the speedy affects at around 11:40. I didn't start rolling until 12:00, at which point I was rolling very hard. The speedy affects were totally amplified in comparison to a non-piracetam roll. I normally do not forget much while I'm rolling, but I can honestly say that the roll was so overwhelming that I cannot recall much of what I did up until 4:00am when I dropped a single pink J. We were at a friend's house just relaxing when I glanced at the clock and realized it was 7:00am, needless to say I was a bit surprised by the fact that I was still feeling the X. The peak was definitely gone, but it was still very intense in comparison to a normal roll. My only complaint is that I was much too lucid after the initial effects. I attribute this to the massive dosage I took beforehand and plan on reducing it to 3200mg before the roll. Everything considered, I would say take a smaller amount of X than what you normally take. I was a bit disappointed that I missed so much of my roll, especially a triple stack igloo. So, in conclusion, I am thinking about reducing the amount of X ingested as well as the amount of before-roll piracetam. The last 4 rolls combined with 3200mg of piracetam have been the best of my life.
Incidentally, to get the 'hazy' effects from marijuana, you need to smoke a LOT more. If you smoke weed everyday, you know how bad the comedown can be. Piracetam gets rid of it completely. I am super-charged the entire time I'm high and while it's wearing off.. just like old times
smile.gif

Another benefit is increased fine motor control. I notice that things that require a bit of grace are much easier to do.
Let me summarize the other positive effects:
Increased Stamina : I jog 7 miles a day during the week and have noticed that I am rarely out of breath when I finish. This was apparent on the first day of taking the piracetam.
Brighter Colors, Clearer Sound : Colors are more defined, brighter, and altogether more pleasing to the eye. The clarity of sound is fucking awesome. I can hear each individual sound and rarely miss lyrics. It's even cooler combined with weed.
Better visual/audio memory : According to the visual memory test on www.queendom.com I have a better visual memory than 90% of the other test takers. My score was 93. Previous visual memory tests have put me at a slightly above average level. The same goes for audio. A definite improvement.
I guess I should address the bad effects as well.
Insomnia - I am completely unable to sleep without 9mg of melatonin. I have past history of insomnia, however.
Depression - I take 100mg of 5-htp every hour or so to keep myself motivated. If I don't take the 5-htp for more than 2 days I get seriously depressed and it seems that the piracetam makes the slide into depression that much worse. Again, please note, I have a history of manic depression. If I am not in the midst of a mood swing I am depressed. 5-htp normalizes me.
I can't recall any other effects, though I am sure some exist. I hope this helps anyone with any interest in piracetam.

Can someone explain to me what Piracetam is all about??? Is it an over the counter drug?? Prescription?? Natural drug??
Where can I find it? How much does it cost?

nickc,
spot on in your assessments of piracetam combos. have you tried it together with Hydergine (invented by Al Hoffman, i believe)? i find excellent synergistic effects from this mix.
at the same time, a word of caution, while seemingly, your health and cognition are in fine shape, you may be doing a lot of damage with the hourly 100 mg of 5HTP regimen.
This is a huge dose only a minor part of which crosses the bb barrier, even with the aid of "carriers" and i recall seeing references to peripheral blood cumulation and toxicity and potential serotonin syndrome.
be well, stay smart

There seems to be such a flurry of people running out and buying this stuff... but does anyone really know exactly how it works? Does anyone know if it increases the chance of incurring neurotoxic side-effects? I've heard that it increases risk of neurological damage when combined with alcohol and amphetamines... if this is true, one can only wonder if the same thing applies to combining it with E.
Does anyone have any info., especially regarding experiments with this supplement, that they can offer?
Anyways, point is... please be cautious. In my experience, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
*Pixie*
[This message has been edited by *Pixie* Stix (edited 11 October 2001).]

re: interfon,
I tried Hydergine in combination with Piracetam for two weeks but found that even the smallest dosage(3mg) gave me a mild headache. So I dropped it. I plan on trying Hydergine by itself as soon as I am able to stop taking the piracetam, to which I think I am now addicted
biggrin.gif

I try to keep the total amount in milligrams of 5-htp ingested to under a thousand, which is apparently the maximum recommended dosage.
LEGALIZE MARIJUANA

ok guys, a little warning. i found some hydergine last night and i had a 4ml dose, 1 hour after taking 2400mg piracetam.
moments after ingesting i felt great! talkative, energetic, elevated modd and a slight rush/high.
so off we go out, i drank a little. maybe 3 drinks in total(usually takes me 7 or 8 to get a buzz) and i became a nice hostile. i.e. i shouted at somebody with total disregard for set and setting or people around, and after i finished i realised that i really wasnt that angry or mad!!
so DONT DRINK! very simple. it is enjoyable, but later on you get tired and sufering booz dizziness. that dizzy yet under controll feeling you get for a few moments. yet it lasts the whole night
frown.gif

i came home, took some antioxidant formula, burnt my throat LIKE HELL(anyone know why?) and slept just fine and woke up even better!
i wouldnt repeat that. though i guess my daily dose of piracetam can go down to 800mg with the hydergene.
p.s. from the leaflet of hydergine:
mechanism of action:
animal studies!! indicate that it acts on cerebral nuerotransmission, stimulating dopamine and (alpha)-adrenoceptors. also been shown to shorten cerebral circulation time and improve cerebral glucose metabolism.
what does that mean?!
------------------
If you think life is really good, wait till you hear the REMIX!

I ordered mine almost 2 weeks ago and im still waiting for it to come in. I should have oredered it from that NJ place. Oh well. Im in no hurry and dont plan on rolling for awhile

I've been taking 3200mg piracetam daily and tomorrow will I'll take 4000mg and then attempt my first roll with it. I'll post the results Sunday.

just a note folks, considering the acetocholinergic action of ‘racetams, remember (har-har) to take your choline supplements, especially if you are in the high dose range – a one-time dose will remove any depressive, and anectotally, headache symptoms that are sometimes a sideeffect.
djremix: hydergine apparently acts on all major neurotransmitter groups, normalizing their cerebral levels, making it the “adaptogen” of the nootropics class.
as far as the specifics, well, it makes your brain use its fuel (sugar) more efficiently, improves cerebral microcirculation and for all of those afflicted with terminal short-to-long term memory transfer problems from too much jah smoke, (we know who you are
wink.gif
) its mechanism of action can be thought of as defragging your hard drive, or say lubing he rusty wires. infact, they inject it ASAP into stroke victims to prevent damage due to acute hypoxia.
i don’t know though, something about the fact that it is a combination of three alkaloids not that dissimilar from tryptamines and developed by Al! that would suggest the possibility of ++effects in high doses or high synergistic potential w/other tryptamines. anyone?
p.s. nickc, isnt marijuana legal?
[This message has been edited by interferon (edited 13 October 2001).]

i have been doing that piracetam regime for a month now, and this week started with hydergine and apart from first day i didnt notice any synergetic effects.
i also take a little amino acid supplement along with ripped fuel(herbal eca) 4 days a week for gym.
no "high" effects. but ive noticed that i DO feel better. just a general sense of "im feeling FINE". everything is a bit more interesting!
ill be stopping those for a month soon, so ill see any effect of stopping that stuff
smile.gif

------------------
If you think life is really good, wait till you hear the REMIX!

So has anyone ever got drunk on piracetam?. If so, how much did it take, and did it feel the same as getting drunk without anything else?. The reason I ask is that usually when I take a pill, I have a drink first, but would rather not be really pissed, but have a feeling I might be if piracetam en hances the effect of alcohol too.

I've been taking piracetam now for 2 weeks and I've gotten drunk a few times. I find it to be a nice combo. The piracetam makes you more aware of the alcohol effects and you feel more in control of yourself. Also, you need less alcohol to get drunk. And the next morning, there is MUCH less of a hangover. You rebound much quicker than you normally would.

Sounds good... did we ever establish whether the good points of piracetam (more intelligence etc) remained after coming off it ?

I don't believe we did. Anybody know? Regardless, I placed another order last week and got email confirmation over the weekend that it should arrive in 10-20 days. I can hardly wait to find out what rollin feels like on piracetam. I'll probably go to SCREAM on Oct 27.

WHAT THE FUK? ARE YOU ALL FUCIN CHEMIST OR SOMTHIN YOU WILL SERIOUSLY CHEESE YOU LIVER GOIN ON LIKE THAT!

I would like to respond to that ^^^, but I'm too stupid to know what "CHEESE YOU LIVER" is... those kind of medical terms are beyond me...

well, fortunately, unlike Rogaine where all your spanky newly-grown hair falls out when you stop using, your brain cells dont, rather, the cognitive and memory-enhancing effects taper off slowly over about a month (assuming a 3-month course).
at the same time, the reinforcement and strengthening of the synaptic pathways are physical changes in the brain, as such, you probably wont forget the things you learned while on piracetam. That said, after stopping the ‘racetams, you will undoubtedly revert to memory problems if smoking the Kind.
note that the action is cumulative, meaning that while a one-time attack dose will have an effect, it takes about 2-3 weeks before mean plasma levels are high enough for the nootropic effects to manifest fully.
[This message has been edited by interferon (edited 16 October 2001).]