• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Vein Kali beats Bali any day for me, though it isn't commonly found throughout many vendors' inventories. Only one or two from what I've seen.

I still find Kratom to be SO temperamental.

Too much and I won't get a good high.

I think I partially fucked my high today by taking 2 tspns because one of them was white maeng da and that stuff is more dense than the other strains I have so I think I consumed more than I would normally on tpspns of other strains even though 2tspns is usually a good dosage for me.

I guess getting a better scale would be good but USUALLY I get the dosage right these days. The last scale I bought was completely useless so I don't really feel like spending more on a scale now which might be equally worthless.

I'm still feeling it, but the euphoria isn't what it should be and I know that what euphoria I do have would go away entirely if I took more so I just have to wait and hopefully more of the euphoria comes back.

I feel like Kratom is the "PMsing temperamental chick of the drug world" lol...

Lol. Couldn't have said it better myself. I try to avoid the wonky eye effect and as long as I do I don't get any side effects so long as I remember my fiber!

Red Vein Kali beats Bali any day for me, though it isn't commonly found throughout many vendors' inventories. Only one or two from what I've seen.

RVK is such an underrated strain. When I was fairly new to kratom I tried original bali and wasn't a fan maybe it was just a weak batch IDK. The vendor that I use doesn't carry bali so RVK has been my go to.

Now you've peaked my intrest. White vein kali was by far the most stimulating strain I've tried, R.V.K. should be right up my alley. I remember seeing it offered but I'm so in love with bali I never thought to give it a try. Does it have the longer duration as well?

RVK is such an underrated strain.

Couldn't agree more, this was my go to strain when using a certain vendor. Far better than any bali that's for sure, this vendor also carried a kick ass red vein thai as well that was quite euphoric.

Is the RVK speedy at all?
My RVB isn't.
Gonna be trying GVB (which should be slightly more stimulating i hope)

Odd thing is I hate uppers, unless it is like an opiated stim feeling (like i used to get from mixing oxycodone with a little tramadol).
Usually regular Bali works fine for me.. but my vendor is running low and prices went up (why I got the cheaper more available RVB) so I gotta find a suitable replacement.

Need the motivational qualities of the kratom, but also the pain relieving and opiated feeling that goes along with it.

I found the RVK.. just hesitant on ordering due to the questions i just asked.

I'm very logical about pharmaceuticals but botany and "natural" highs, not so much lol.

-HOOD

Couldn't agree more, this was my go to strain when using a certain vendor. Far better than any bali that's for sure, this vendor also carried a kick ass red vein thai as well that was quite euphoric.

I wonder if we used the same vendor because mine also carries a very good red vein thai.

Update:
Received 4oz RVB , 4oz GVB & 2oz PC/Bali
Mixed it all as thoroughly as i could so it is close even proportions for every dose.

Dosed 5g of the mix which should be roughly 2g RVB 2g GVB and 1g PC/Bali.. effects feel pretty calming with pain relief and mood elevation with a bit of energy and euphoria added.
Perfect for what I need it for plus it seems to be pretty well rounded effect wise, not too stimulating or calming.. just the perfect "middle-ground" between the two.

-HOOD

I've lost count what day I'm on but it's close to being 2 weeks kratom free. After eating this stuff for over 2 years I forgot how much it impeded my libido. It was still there during kratom use, yes, but now it has skyrocketed or at least returned to normal and I had no idea what normal was. Really really wish I had taken blood tests before during and after the use to see if it actually did change anything but easier said than done.

I used to order International. Now that the FDA are said to be seizing shipments (news article earlier this year or last), I don't want to waste money getting a package seized. Who's having success ordering from SE Asia? Feedback much appreciated.

I mean obviously domestic vendors are getting some orders through. They have been seizing shipments for awhile now. All the talks about kratom being banned in Indonesia raised the prices up.

^ I figured. I just want to test the waters and get an idea of how often these seizures are happening. I forgot about the talk of a ban in Indo...Sheeet!

I finally got to trying this after about 6 months of studying.

I bought a sample pack with 4 diff strains but ended up only having bali and maeng da.

I had 2 of bali and wasnt feeling too much then figured id have some maeng da. I only intended to take it once and not take it for a while so I wanted to get good effects which was a stupid schoolboy error cos I ended up taking too much and having a panic attack albeit only shortlived. Ive made this stupid dumbass mistake so many times.

I had started off well by only taking the bali at 200-500 mg at a time and waiting 30 mins in between to feel effects but since after 2gs I wasn't feelign so much I got foolhardy with bigger doses in shorter time periods with the maeng da.

I was going at a gram at a time in short succession with the maeng da within like 15 mins of each other. I had felt a nice stim rush on the first so indeed fell victim to chasing that rush. Not cos im impulsive normally but just i dunno because im stupid- it was more desperation than impulsiveness, desperation not to have a failed experiment. Anyhow by the third i felt Id overdone it as i felt like you would of too much caffeine then I got a chill of fear through my whole body at the thought Id gone overboard.

And since it was my first time i started panicking worrying how much worse the bad feeling would get. I then threw all the kratom away in anger/fear.

After about 30 mins it subsided while I tried to distract myself. This then tapered off after the next hour into a lovely sedation which lasted for 4 hours. If it was only that sedation I would love the feeling. Ie without that horrible anxiety.

So im guessing it was from the maeng da? If i stuck to just bali would that have just given me the nice sedation?

It also felt fantastically benign; the most benign feeling substance probably i ever tried in terms of also having good feeling effects too. When it wore off it just felt like nothing- I felt refreshed adn invigorated. Such a smooth taper.

On the other hand the next problems tho were with sleep and residual anxiety. Once the nice cosy sedation wore off the aniety came back agian, albeit weaker. definitely feels like the adrenal antsiiness akin to yohimbe/epherdra. With that also came aweful insomnia as bad as amphetamine pretty much, well not quite but close. I couldnt believe that shit from something which was so sedating earlier.

I finally got to sleep around 4 the next day, but it defeats the object if i have to battle sleep with it every time. tho im wondering if its kratom itself or cos i took mostly maeng da. tho i also see ppl complaining about bali even causing insomnia tho maybe it could be alleviated if taken once in the early morning.

This is probably the best herbal anti depressant ive taken felt great to finally have some kind of respite from the constant suicidal ideation and worthlessness.

The issue I can see though is that since it felt so benign i dont know how easy it would be to justify not taking it on a regualr. Not every day though since I dont want to feel high all the time.

I don't want to take any pharmceutical junk 24/7 so for acute bouts of depression this seems alot better for the body, ofc the big question is whether I could keep it to on and off. Im afraid of that yet also so fucking sick of being depressed every second of the day.

See my depression is so crippling these days I figure if i get ina real pit might as well risk trying it agina though Ill try not to but my life seems so hopeless might as well try something new even if theres a risk there.

Thoughts?

To the poster above me, I've been taking kratom every day for 4 years straight. I have crippling depression, and anxiety that before wouldn't allow me to leave the house. I take a dose within an hour of waking, and I take a big dose of red vein 2 hours before bed to help me sleep.

Before I found kratom I was 27 years old, and had never even had a part time job. I was a high school drop out, and I smoked weed 8-10 times a day while still living with moms. I found kratom in a headshop and instantly fell in love. Honestly within 3 months of taking it I had my GED, a full time job, and quit using all illegal drugs.

2 years after I started using, I worked my way into a manager position at the warehouse I work at. That's the good thing about kratom... I work a very physical job in 12 hour shifts. I would go the whole 12 hours without even sitting down, moving at blazing speeds.

I now have my own house, still have the manager position, and can pass any drug test I need to for future promotions. I quit drinking alcohol, and quit smoking weed. Kratom saved my life, and my family and friends who once thought I'd be useless druggie my entire life, are very proud of me.

I use every day. I don't get a buzz from it anymore. It just takes away my anxiety and depression. Using 4 times a day over the course of 4 years has made my tolerance rise slightly, but not much. First dose I needed 4 grams to feel nice. Now I need 6. I buy it by the kilo, so it's not really a big cost. I believe the opiate antagonist in kratom helps your tolerance not rise so much - There is a ceiling affect.

I always say that all addiction is not bad. I am proudly addicted to kratom, and if it was ever made illegal my life would be over. I haven't seen my therapist in years, and my bottle of xanax has been sitting untouched for years as well. I love kratom, and I highly recommend anyone with depression try it. Just don't take it until the depression kicks in. For me that's about once every 6 hours. It changed my life. If your addiction has more pros than cons, theres no reason to fear it.

Interesting...thanks for that appraisal.

Have you ever tried stopping for long enough to go through withdrawals?

I worry that if you take it on a regular the rebound of anxiety and depression might be so so bad it would be unbearable.

I would like to take it on and off though so would ideally like to avoid withdrawals altogether.

Just once or twice a week would provide a sanctuary where even if Im having a shitty week (just like every week) Id at least know Id have something to look forward to in a few days. All the 9-5 worker drones have alcohol and I think everyone takes for granted how much they are reliant on these little respites. Because being sober for 2 years for me has just been a nightmare when Ive tried other hobbies and find them so boring there is just nothing to look forward to in life.

Sobriety is hell unless you have everything in 100% order in your life but theres always some cunt to put a boulder in your way before you ever get near any sort of success in that department. Old sisyphus pushing that rock.

I have run out a few times. Usually around the holidays due to being unpredictable way the post works at that time, I will run out at least once or twice. There is some withdrawal symptoms, but they are not bad at all. The only time I've ever gotten terrible withdrawal from kratom is when I was taking extracts for about a month straight. Plain leaf has never given me true withdrawal.

My depression and anxiety comes back, and I become very very lethargic, and just want to sleep for days on end. Kratom is notorous for not affecting the GI tract as bad as traditional opiates, so you may be a little runny, but you won't have diarreah or stomach pains by any means. The lethargy, and headache is the worst of it. The headache can be likened to how I feel if I go 2 days without caffeine. Funny, because they're both coffee plants.

Other people have said that withdrawal is terrible, though I've never gotten it. In my heydey, I went through 1.3-1.5 grams of heroin per day, and withdrew from that probably over a hundred times. I feel like the people who say kratom withdrawal is hell must have never withdrawn from a strong opiate, because it cant even touch heroin withdrawal, or even codeine withdrawal.

Stay away from extracts, and you'll be fine. Honestly if you're only using every other day your tolerance wont even rise. I will tell you, after about the 20th-30th time you use it, the euphoria will be gone, just like with any drug, no matter how long of a break you take. you'll still get a rush of energy and motivation, and a huge mood boost, but you will not be "high". The first 10 times I did kratom it felt like an acutal opioid. Now I could stop for a month, and it'll never feel like that again.

Just wanted to share my experience with Kratom.

I have had a history of using opiates to self medicate for anxiety and depression. I had/have no desire to get 'professional' help or therapy for depression. I have no medical insurance. After 10 years of regular opiate use (low dosing, 15mg per day, 5/325 oxycodone Percocet or 5/325 hydrocodone). Besides helping my depression, it was very helpful in controlling my hypertension. I never felt 'stoned' on opiates. I worked better, felt better, treated people better. Treated myself better. But I know it was artificial.

I no longer have any access to get opiates. I will not go to the streets or anything else that may be risky. physically I am OK, but mentally I am still feeling like something is missing, like a best friend has died.

I bought a small bag of powdered Kratom a year ago, wasn't impressed, mainly because I didn't know how to dose with it. So I put it aside.

I looked to Kratom again, this time I bought 5mg Bali Blast in capsules. I took one the first time, and I felt it's effects start after 20 minutes. I felt slightly drowsy, it felt like a combination of marijuana and morphine. It feels very different from opiates. For me opiates have a stronger euphoria, Kratom is similar but you don't have the initial 'glow' of the opiate. And Kratom last FAR longer than an opiate.
If you're looking to get high or feel an opiate effect from Kratom, you might be disappointed. But I understand at higher doses, Kratom does help with opiate withdrawals and cravings.

I am very happy with Kratom.

It helps me forget about opiates.
I no longer have to worry about ingesting acetaminophen that came with opiates, and the accumulation of it in my organs
My digestive system is getting back to normal
No guilt for taking opiates

And the biggest thing I am liking about Kratom, is how it is helping my blood pressure. I have been on many hypertension medications; Clonodine, Benicar, Lysinipril, Cozzar. I could not take these medications. They made me feel worse depression-wise. They were horrible. And some were very expensive. My doctor thinks I am crazy because I am not responding to these medications. He compares me to other patients who don't 'have the side effects you're having'.

I have stopped taking prescribed hypertension medications 2 months ago.

Kratom keeps my blood pressure around 115/76 to 120/80. Even in the mornings, when my blood pressure was normally 145/95. I am so glad I can buy Kratom legally, I plan on trying different types of Kratom, to see which works the best for me.

If you are new to Kratom, start with the 5mg, and see how it goes from there. It takes a few days to get a feel for it. And you have to get over the expectation of an opiate feeling to really get it's full effect.

Kratom

What type of kratom would be the best for opiate withdrawals(suboxone)? I have to work and take care of my children so i would like to buy two different types; one to take during the day to give me some energy and one to help promote some sleep for the insomnia im going to be facing.

Status
Not open for further replies.