• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a good bit of clean time on kratom (i tapered pretty well then c/t the rest)...... lets say i Had10 days clean, and took 2 percocet 10's... or equivalent.. (cuz I did sigh..)

It wouldnt reset my withdrawal would it... being this far after.. and not being kratom?

I'd say it wouldn't throw you into full wds but probably gonna have some rebound dysphoria etc negative effects- definitely will set you back mentally. Not being kratom has nothing to due with, the only thing that matters is it's an opioid and a stronger one than kratom so it's worse than taking kratom would be.

It may be stronger... but I never use it.. and everytime I took even 4 grams of kratom a week after clean time, it almost reset the withdrawals back to square one.. a little more anxious this morn. I really did 18 mgs last night about, and saved a pety 2 mgs for the morn. With a valium and the 2 mgs I feel fine for now... the dysphoira was there when I woke up though.

yea dysphoria is coming back.. but not really any other symptoms.. besides my back is a little more achey than last days... but I didnt sleep well so...

EDIT: a lot more anxiety. lol. this wasnt the best idea and set me back a little. It could be worse.

Last edited:
Hey, I was wondering if anybody thinks kratom could be used as a mood stabilizer. I take 100 mg of Seroquel a day now, but I want to get off because it's making me gain too much weight, no matter how little I eat. Kind of at an alarming rate. I have moderate bipolar II. When I'm not on a mood stabilizer, I go into a mixed state where I'm irritable a lot of the time. No fun. Anyway, I take kratom every other day now which has knocked out the depression I was experiencing. It puts me in a good mood even on the days I don't take any. What do you think?

Oh yeah, I've had a bunch of IV heroin habits over the years. Heroin tamps down my bipolar symptoms, but doesn't get rid of them ime. It's hard for me to tell, really, but my friend who I got high with last time around told me, "Your bipolar shit is driving me crazy!" lol.

I used to take Depakote, which worked real well until my hair started falling out (!) and I had to switch to the Seroquel.

Im bi polar... and kratom really sends me up and down.. even if I keep at a pretty steady dose. Also due to tolerance.. that is INEVITABLE if you use daily. You will increase dose enventually, and side effects will continue.

Then when I cut back or took a few days off.. I would get mania. Sometimes mild sometimes horrible.. and long lasting. I never would know what would happen.

I use tegretal as a mood stabilizer and it has worked really well for me. I take seroquel on top of that occasionally for sleep but try to avoid it, due to the massive munchies I get on it. Whew.

Ok so I used 2 percocets 2 days ago, and 1 yesterday... Didnt sleep well but im back on the opiate sobirety train.

edit: I used to be a heroin addict, and I totally relate to a lot of the things you wrote.. feel free to talk whenever.

Every other day will only work so long, unfortunately. Kratom has a powerful antidepressant effect the day after for me, but rebound anxiety/depression two days later. Tolerance will go up quickly if you do every other day, and you'll likely start getting the shitty effects.

I must be lucky. I have done kratom for a year. However I've done it everyday for 2 months and my tolerance has not gone up. I did have to stop once a few months ago because I started getting negative effect. But after 3 days everything's ng was as good as new.

That's been my experience as well, it was months after using daily until my tolerance even started to rise but over years it very slowly went from 5gs to 10gs at it's highest when I was dosing up to 3x daily and pretty much leveled there. As soon as I hit the 10g mark that signalled "break time", which a 3-5 day period was sufficient to bring it right back down, though I usually took a longer break to make that welcome back dose that much better.

I find kratom like cannabis in that dose related tolerance doesn't seem to rise much, just the quality of effects. Sadly once kratom starts giving me dimished returns, raising the dose doesn't solve the problem and can actually make the negatives even more pronounced.

Hi
I drank 6grams of pulverized OG Maeng Da Kratom 30 minutes ago from a credible source after eating a bowl of oatmeal. I mixed the kratom in Orange juice. First time kratom usage. According to what I've read, this dosage is strongly sedative. Not sure if feeling anything at the moment. I feel relaxed. Not sure if this relaxed mode is normal. Really relaxed. I was thinking of follow up DMT rip after kratom effects become profound.

It takes me an hour and 15 minutes or so to feel kratom full effects after ingestion, and that's on a empty stomach. cs - it makes sense to me that you'd get mania or other bp symptoms when withdrawing from kratom. mine always got way worse when withdrawing from opiates.I know that taking kratom every other day will result in tolerance and addiction. But the reason I started with it was to avoid going back to heroin. My cravings were intense, and I did go out and cop again one time. Really worried me. Also, I was having depression with suicidal ideas every day. Kratom got rid of the H cravings and the depression, but I know it's not an ideal solution by any means.

I'd say it wouldn't throw you into full wds but probably gonna have some rebound dysphoria etc negative effects- definitely will set you back mentally. Not being kratom has nothing to due with, the only thing that matters is it's an opioid and a stronger one than kratom so it's worse than taking kratom would be.

Actually not being kratom does make a difference. Opiate withdrawal and kratom wd are similar but not exactly the same. Personally I find opiate wd much worse, but kratom wd gives me some symptoms i dont get from opiates.

But a full agonist opioid will definitely set recovery back farther than a dose of kratom, from experience unfortunately :\.

Alright definitely feeling effects now. Totally relaxed. Body feels good. Dreamy. I feel like I've just awaken from sedation.Everything sounds good; like normal stuff. Euphoria. Lazy speech. No worries. I found myself dozing off while watching a YouTube vid. But i wasnt really sleepy. Idk. Like in between.(Is this the nod?) Now I'm about to watch this female Arabian Dancing video tutorial on YouTube and hit DMT for max effects. I may write a trip report afterwards. Don't think I've seen a kratom + DMT report anywhere.

Alright definitely feeling effects now. Totally relaxed. Body feels good. Dreamy. I feel like I've just awaken from sedation.Everything sounds good; like normal stuff. Euphoria. Lazy speech. No worries. I found myself dozing off while watching a YouTube vid. But i wasnt really sleepy. Idk. Like in between.(Is this the nod?) Now I'm about to watch this female Arabian Dancing video tutorial on YouTube and hit DMT for max effects. I may write a trip report afterwards. Don't think I've seen a kratom + DMT report anywhere.

Enjoy these euphoric effects from kratom while they last. I was daily dosing kratom from the very start of it, as i needed something to help me quit weed. I probably got euphoria for about a week or two out of it, and then it just became a daily thing - just like a cup of coffee. I do get WD's when I don't take it, such as chills, the shits, skin crawling, and restless legs, however it is only about 1/100 as strong as actual opiate withdrawal. I think the people who talk about how bad kratom withdrawal can be, have never withdrawn from something like 30mg of IV dilaudid per day.

So enjoy this while you last, kratom is now something that makes me feel normal - although my life is significantly better with me taking it, the high is gone.

Honestly kratom withdrawals are about as bad anything else IME. Jumped off of 4mgs of intransal suboxone for a year( twice) which I know is nowhere near 30mgs of IV diluadid but honestly my kratom w/d's are about as bad. It may just be that for me, every set of fullblown withdrawals are worst than the last regardless of the drug.

Anyone use tianeptine to kick kratom? I'm not looking for another replacement, just something to make going to work not quite so awful.

Last edited:
Hi
I drank 6grams of pulverized OG Maeng Da Kratom 30 minutes ago from a credible source after eating a bowl of oatmeal. I mixed the kratom in Orange juice. First time kratom usage. According to what I've read, this dosage is strongly sedative.

I don't know where you're reading, but maeng da is usually quite stimulating. And 6 grams probably wouldn't register for me, but I guess it depends on your source. I never get effects until I hit 10 g or higher, but I always read about people dosing like 3 grams, so I don't know.

But a full agonist opioid will definitely set recovery back farther than a dose of kratom, from experience unfortunately :\.

I used small amounts of percocets for 2 days, definitely set me back less than a full dose of kratom 15-20 grams. (I know my doses were too high.) Im feeling good. I get rls sometimes still.. occasional irritability. But nothing bad :)

Kratom is really hit or miss for me store bought kratom is absolute shit, but ordering online is where its at. Typically use UEI. Like the downer effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.