• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Permanent effects from drugs you've taken..

Superaver

Bluelighter
I was curious to what if any permanent effects everyone out there has from the drugs they have taken over the years.
From ecstasy I believe that I have become a bit more jittery and slightly more depressed. I also have trouble vocalizing and words do not flow quite as easily as they seem to have previously. From marijuana my short term memory pretty much was gone but returned a few weeks after I stopped smoking it.

Sad to say but I too have noticed the fact that my train of thought and speech is really affected by my ecstacy consumption. I read somewhere before that ecstacy directly affects the ability to compose and recall speech. Now that is frightening stuff.
When I think of the words to say I have trouble and often lose my train of thought. Yet when I chat with friends without the conscious thought involved I find that my speech and words come very easy.
Don't know why this is true though. Maybe it has to due with ecstacy damaging the brain somehow. Or at least altering it somehow.
I guess I shouldn't have started so young.
PeaceOut

I haven't taken any acid in about 2 months, but I see permanent visuals. It gets annoying some times- it's kinda like tripping on 1/2hit of shitty blotter.

Sometimes I get the sensation of rolling out of nowhere. It's alright with me, I was worried at first but now it's fine. It does often make me wonder how long will it go on. It's kinda like a very hard buzzing feeling, it lasts for about 5 seconds to 1 minute. It seems to hit me when I relax, or I hear a trans song that moves me the right way. Or it totaly out of the fucking blue...
------------------
"I saw a city in the clouds"

The only permanent effects I have are from all the weed I've smoked. The effects are loss of short term memory and I've become somewhat desensitized, I think. I'm sure my lungs aren't in the best condition either.
------------------
The spiraling shape will make you go insane!

ravenmadman- i get that too, but its ussually goes away if i dont roll couple of weeks..Do you like that feeling?? I hate it..
[This message has been edited by olbka (edited 05 July 2000).]

with E, I noticed that my ability to recall past events are not as strong as they used to be. I feel as though my memory has somehow been damaged. I'm not as quick thinking as i used to be. not good. so i quit.

Heh Algorythm. I was just about to say something to that effect. Whenever I stare up at Ashke's ceiling now, it's always wavering slowly.
I think it's just psychological tho, as the only time I really pay attention to the ceiling is when I trip anyway.
Haven't noticed any effects from E really. But then again, I'm naturally spacy so it's be hard to tell.
smile.gif

Loupy

from weed, ive aquired a bad memory, an inability to think of the words i wanna use while talking and paranoia. i smoke very rarely now because these things have affected my daily life.
from acid &/or ecstacy, i now get low-key visual/audio hallucinations. this doesnt really bother me...yet, but ive stopped doing acid (more out of the "been there done that" scenerio) and cut way down on the xtc.
but what does bother me is i get the eye jiggles usually brought on by a stimulus of sorts like certain music, being on other mild drugs or being sick. i was wondering if this happens to anybody else, i dont want to aquire "real nystagmus" (sp)

hrmmm....dunnno if these effects are permanent, or will only persist while i continue to use substances, but...
i am a very paranoid person. (weed)
i really have no short term memory to speak of at all (weed + e)
i still see tracers now and then, and trees/water still look like i'm tripping (a)
i can live with these though, nothing has gotten so prominent that it causes problems.
however, one side effect i think i've developed from drug use which does bother me was also mentioned by dru. i'm sure it's from the e, but i lose words, and when i try and think of em, i lose the whole thought. i stumble over my words more and more, it's like a verbal form of dyslexia. it really disturbs me when it happens....
bc
------------------
I think, therefore I ambient...

Short-term memory loss for me too. It gets much better the longer I take an "E Holiday". Like right now, for example, I haven't rolled in over a month and I am feeling quite sharp and halfway intelligent. After I've rolled a few times bunched together I feel completely etarded.
Also, I have to say I've lost a lot of drive as far as my career and all that shit goes. I just don't give a fuck anymore. I don't know.....maybe that's a good thing??
------------------
"This is the strangest life I've known"

I agree with what everyone is saying. My quick thinking ability isn't gone but isn't near as good as it used to be. I also stumble and stumble and stumble over my words which is the worst part of all and I hate it. Thoughts appear in my head but don't come out of my mouth as they should. I am curious to why this is...None of my friends seem to have this problem and they have taken much more E than I have.

The main thing I have noticed is that since I started taking e (about a year ago), I am always mesmerised by lights - even if I haven't had a pill for weeks. If there are cool lights around, I can't concentrate on anything else. Normally this would be considered a nice side effect except that I do a lot of driving at night & the street lights, the traffic lights, the moon & stars!
------------------
to the crazy person, the normal one is insane

As far as E goes...it ended up giving me panic attacks when i wasnt rolling, even weeks after rolling. Although i still roll once in a while i havent gotten a pani cattack in a while
Acid gave me permi-tracers. They get annoying. ANything of a light shade against a dark background gives me blue permi tracers.

I feel fantastic. More responsible, more mature, much more empathetic.
No memory loss, no negative speech effect, absolutely no depression.
The wonderful advantages of moderation.
~funner

Well it seems sometimes after a couple of days after I roll I get theese really bad feelings of lightheadedness that last for like a second or so. I remember one time laying in bed and it was really bad. The funny thing is they seem to go away when I finally do drop a bean. Could it be withdrawal. Hmmm I dunno. They say E isnt addicting physically but maybe its a mental thing with me.
A little background: I am a huge etard and I am not very proud of it. I roll on average of two to three times a week EVERY week. Been doing so since October of '99. most of the time its 2-3 pills as well. I have since cut back to once a week and am trying to go longer as well.
I am not saying this to be flamed on how wrong it is to consume that much e in the time period I am doing it. I know its wrong but its hard sometimes when You work in the Resturaunt Business and your only fun is to go out each week(after working 3 staright double shifts). The problem is SOOOOOO many of my co-workers drop beans now its hard to go out and have a non-rolling night.
Well now that I am completley off topic I am gonna end it on that note :p
------------------
Okay Junglist914 i will give you MY beef when I am done posting :)
The Philly of da Hook Crew is in Effect!

Basic, do you mean dyslexic in regards to reading.. because I have no trouble at all reading its more of a verbal thing for me.

Personally, I didn't have any problems until I stopped. I haven't rolled in a couple months but I can't talk for shit. It's like I know what I want to say but the message my brain is sending is somehow not reaching my mouth fully. I now have a mild case of Obsesive Compulsive Disorder and find myself doing the craziest things to make "it" perfect.
My best friend is basically a crystal addict(while she does everything else in the books) and is SO jittery now. She shakes constantly, she can't stop playing with things, and her vains stick out. She's cool though...
Acid has fucked me up royally! Everything from crazy dreams to random visuals to paranoia...
However, as much as I hate the side effects, I don't believe that I will disregard everything anytime in the near future, just cut back.
------------------
...we wuz all actin' crazy-like...