• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ultimate OTC Potentiation Recipe for Oxycodone!?

fishoutofwater

Greenlighter
After a WEEK of reading up on this topic (including the entirety of the Mega Opioid Potentiation Threads), talking to as many people on here and elsewhere as I can, this is what I've come up with. I'm about to try it later today (I started days ago...). Before I take my dose, I'd like to hear your thoughts. I can share some in-depth explanation if any of you have questions from my research.

Step 1) Preferably consume as much WHITE Grapefruit Juice as possible starting even 5 days before taking Oxy.
Step 2) In the 24 hours preceding Oxy dose, drink a whole gallon of white grapefruit juice (And a liter or two of tonic water if it works for you...). Most likely drinking a half gallon of WGJ juice the night before with 500mg Cimetidine followed by 2 Tums. Then the day of dose, drink the other half gallon of WGJ juice with another 500mg of Cimetidine followed by 2 more Tums.
Step 3) 2 - 4 hours prior to dose, take 30mg Dextromethorphan HBr and 4mg Chlorpheniramine Maleate.
Step 4) 1 - 2 hours prior to dose, again take 30mg Dextromethorphan HBr and 4mg Chlorpheniramine Maleate. (Be careful if pills contain acetaminophen!)
Step 5) 30 minutes before take 25mg Diphenhydramine HCL (or 12.5mg Doxylamine Succinate) and 330mg Naproxen
Step 6) Take Oxycodone dosage according to personal tolerance and desired high. (Be sure to have eaten 3 hours prior.)
Step 7) Load again on Cimetidine (400mg) and Tums every hour. (And possibly take one more 25mg Diphenhydramine? More WGJ?)

If you're curious, check out my two threads on this topic with deeper discussion and explanation here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/725827-Oxycodone-Potentiation-Recipe-Questions-(e-g-Is-it-safe-)

And here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...lp-(Opioid-Questions)?p=12411300#post12411300

Last edited:
Hey man, I'm back. If your online now, please stay on for a minute, in fact reply to this post so I'll know your here.

They're are a few things I'd like to tell you about your potentiation(for example, I forgot to comment on the DXM, as you pointed out).

Anyway, I am checking your BDD post as we speak, so bear with me just a little bit longer!!!

Well just a note on DXM, it is not a "typical potentiator" the way that the other substances are. Although done do take it for potentiation, it's main purpose is to help prevent the build of tolerance. It is an NMDA antagonist, and taking low-moderate doses on a daily basis supposedly helps slow down, or even stop the devolpment of tolerance, with long term opioid use. As far as actual potentiation, it is only a very mild 2d6 inhibitor at best, and will do nothing useful to interfere with oxycodone metabolism.

DXM itself also has no synergistic effect that could be used with other opioids, unless your actually sick and using opioids as a cough suppressant. Some claim it does have some analgesic sparing properties, but I'm not convinced.

Personally, unless you plan on using opioids on a regular basis, I would drop the DXM, especially since you are on other medication, which I only recently found out through your other post.

Anyway, I'm still looking for the study that said CYP2D6 inhibition ALONE(using quinidine) had no appreciable effect on oxycodone, but that CYP3A4 inhibition(both alone and in combo with 2D6) had a dramatic effect.

But the point, again us that quinidine is much stronger than quinine(being the other iso) and, considering the low doses in tonic water, they're is simply no point in drinking it.

Seriously, I'm for trying anything, but they're is literally no reason to waste time with tonic water; you are already drinking massive amounts of WGJ, which not only is a potent CYP3A4 inhibitor, but it also inhibits 2D6 at large doses, certainly more effective than the modest amount if tonic water you have, not to mention that cimetidine itself is also a 2D6 inhibitor(and surprisingly effective at high doses) and indeed, many if the medications you take are 2D6 substrates and/or mild competitive inhibitors.

Ok, so maybe I am dragging this out a bit, but trust me, you don't need the tonic water, you have things more than covered with everything else!!!

Awesome info. No need for apologizing on "dragging it out;" to me, the more detailed a reply the better.

I actually already knew that about DXM--I just include it in the recipe because I've read several places that taking up to 60mg hours prior to dosing helps with tolerance. And although DMX doesn't inhibit the CYP450 set to any appreciable extent, I have read that can contribute to analgesia and euphoria for all major opiates. (And again, whether or not this is true, who gives a shit since I'm not taking it for that.)

And the OTC pills I take with DXM (Coricidin) also have the Chlorpheniramine Maleate in them which can't hurt as an anti-histamine that could increase the analgesic and euphoric properties of opioids to some extent. They also help cut down on the itch. In addition, it can also slightly inhibit subset CYP2D6 (so I have read; which I know is probably not necessary with all the damn WGFJ I have drank, but it's already in Coricidin so whatever.)

Lastly, what do you think of the loading on Cimetidine after dosing?

(And would you mind posting any thoughts you had on my exact dosage over on my BDD thread since you read it? E.g., Do you think 50mg is enough? And any other thoughts you might have had like on the other medications I am taking...)

Damn, I hope you read this before dosing. I meant to tell you, DO NOT MIX chlorpheniramine and diphenhydramine! They are both 1st generation anti-histamines with potent anti-cholinergic effects. Mixing them together will be no better than taking either alone, and will lead to terrible side effects, gmfir example extreme dry mouth, restless legs, hands and feet going numb, akathiesa(misspelled) and other anti-cholinergic AE's.

Taking Chlorpheniramine itself is fine, it is a 1st gen antihistamine(like Benadryl) and it is potent, with a relatively long half-life. In theory it should be a great potentiator and will definitely help you nod.

But in practice, I prefer diphenhydramine, however I take diph almost every day(only occasionally subbing for cetirizine, or more rarely doxylamine, or on the rare occasions I get POM antihistamines like hydroxyzine or promethazine, or even cyproheptadine) so maybe I'm just used to it, but in general Benadryl is considered the "gold standard" of antihistamines.

But I do think chlorpheniramine is under-utilized. If you take Chlor, I'd start with just 4mg, and if you use diphenhydramine, start with 37.5-50mg, depending on the nod.

But remember that all the GJ + everything else you've taken will not only inhibit the oxycodone metabolism, but also the metabolism of ALL CYP3A4 substrates, as well as 2D6 substrates. This will make all these drugs stronger, OTC or not. And remember also, that in addiction to being a P450 inhibitor, large doses of cimetidine also reduce reduce hepatic blood flow, which combined with everything else will greatly prolong the elimination of nearly everything you take.
So Judy be careful, you have taken a very effective "potentiation cocktail", but you must now respect the effect it will have on your body.

Ha! I knew that CPM was a 1st gen antihistamine, but I didn't realize that taking it with Diphenhydramine was much of a danger. I've actually done it several days in a row now taking the Coricidin with the DMX & CPM while taking Benadryl at night, too. I may have taken them at exactly the same time. Are you just suggesting that I shouldn't take them together with Oxy? Because I haven't had any noticeable side-effects from it and I've taken at least 4mg of CPM a day with 25mg of Diphenhydramine.

I've also been loading on Cimetidine. Do you think taking Cimetidine during the high is a bad idea at this point? (Edit: I just read that people have DIED from Cimetidine OD...the dosage...40,000mg+! What the fuck??)

(Can you go answer my dosage question in my other thread? Thanks!)

Last edited:
Damn, I just typed up a long message wrapping things up nicely, and I fucking lost it!!!

Well, I don't feel like writing it again, so I'll instead answer your dosage question.

Personally, I would start with 40mg. Wait 1.5-2 hours, and if worse comes worse, you can always take another 20-40mg.
Remember that with all the inhibitors you've taken, your oxycodone dose will literally be 1.5-2x stronger than usual, and it will last longer. "You can always take less, but never more".

You could start with 60mg if you are damned and determined to bid out, but no more than that, seriously, most people don't load up with gallons if GJ and grand if cimetidine the way you have. I'm not sure how potent your juice is, I mean it doesn't say "white@ but it looks completely normal to me, but as much as you've been drinking, it will definintly have a major effect.
As for the antihistamines, mixing then isn't really deadly, but at high doses it can cause done pretty damn uncomfortable side effects. But personally I live mixing LIW DOSES of antihistamines. Like, 25mg diphenhydramine with 12.5-18.75mg doxylmine, it is great combo for it's sedating/hypnotic effects. Honestly, the mix of 25mf diphenhydramine and 4ng CHP you mentioned sounds great. Just don't take high doses if each. And remember that diphenhydramine will be A LOT stronger now that you are loaded up on GJ/cimetidine. The BA will be closer to 100%, and it will last longer. Seriously, I have do e the same thing you are doing, and 37.5mg diph will last all ficking night!

Just remember that ALL 3A4 substrates will be affected, not just opioids. I am the master of potentiation, but at first I didn't take into account that pretty much every drug is either a 3A4 or 2D6 substrate, and it fucked me up!

Lastly, whether ate not you should continue taking cimetidine? You could, it depends on whether you plan on dosing oxy 2 or 3 days in a row. Hopefully you do, otherwise you went through a lot if trouble for a single dose! But I wouldn't worry too much now about potentiation, you have done enough, and now the effects will last for days before your body recovers. So relax, and enjoy your oxy!!!?

lol i didnt even read much of this but i def seen drink a gallon of grapefruit juice. lol. i wldnt go thru 5 days of pre load hell or drink a gallon of anything to add a lil tiny bit to a buzz. if u want to make it stronger just smoke some weed or stop abusing them. i rarely take them and when i do a 10mg percocet sends me flying high for a good 2 or 3 hours where as my friend who gobbles em like skittles has to eat 40-60 mg to be on my level. the best potentater is to not abuse them n 10 or 20 mg will have u wrecked. specialy if u smoke a bud with them.

Last edited:
holy fuck, that is a little too much to go through to potentiate. It sounds like your potentiation technique would cost about as much as buying another 20-30mg of oxy at least. I'm sure it works great as you are adding 5 extra drugs and enough grapefruit juice to last a normal person two weeks. Unless this potentiates the oxy to the point where it lasts all day and is at least twice as strong, I don't see the point.

^^^ Amen to that. I am surprised no one has said the best way to potentiate oxy is to take more oxy. :)

holy fuck, that is a little too much to go through to potentiate. It sounds like your potentiation technique would cost about as much as buying another 20-30mg of oxy at least. I'm sure it works great as you are adding 5 extra drugs and enough grapefruit juice to last a normal person two weeks. Unless this potentiates the oxy to the point where it lasts all day and is at least twice as strong, I don't see the point.

It does, if your willing to go through the trouble. Although I agree preloading for 5 days is excessive(well at a half g a day!) but I think he is trying to imitate a study I posted.

But yes, the study I posted says the AUC was increased 1.7 fold, and that was from a small amount of WGJ alone!(albeit for 5 days straight)

But doing all this will make the oxy 1.5-2x stronger, and last much, much longer. I IV oxy on the rare occasions I use it, but the duration sucks so badly unless you do unholy doses(which is just too much $$$!) that I use methods to extend it.

Why morphine always < oxycodone in my book.

How long on average does it last with one day of preloading? If it makes it last upwards of 6 hours it sounds like it might actually be worth it. How much does all this potentiation lengthen the comeup, peak, and comedown buzz? I might consider this if it lasts long enough, I would rather have a longer experience than a bigger rush.

Do you IV, or oral? Or snort...???

With less than one day of preloading, a single dose of IV oxycodone lasts me 8-12h.

With a half gallon of WGJ, over a gram of cimetidine, and a few erythromycin, I once was fucked up for nearly 24 hours straight on ORAL oxycodone and hydrocodone, though I took multiple doses of oxy, it was all during the first several hours, and it just lasted and lasted after that.

I'll admit though, inhibiting oxy is harder than methadone for some reason, but once done, the duration is much better. Definitely worth doing if you do oxy on any regular basis, especially if your fucking paying street prices.

If your curious, PM me and I'll give you a good recipe.

(PS: Erythromycin is a potent CYP3A4 inhibitor. )

Lorne, sorry I disappeared. I have a few more questions but I want to just message you. I can't find a personal message option on my phone... Can you PM me?

Yeah, you can't send a PM in mobile, only reply.(AFAIK).

I'll pm you, but you'll have to give me a minute.

I can't PM you, you need to clear your inbox.

I will say that you are going a little overboard man, for example, you don't need aleve, it's only purpose is to synergize for ANALGESIA, not getting high.

Just clear you're inbox

(I cleared my inbox. And I don't know what AFAIK means.) I haven't used Aleve the last several times, especially with the Hydro. I really just drink tons of WGJ, take a gram of Cimetidine with tums, and add a first gen anti-histamine like 37.5mg Diphenhydramine.

I do take the 60mg DMX/day to see if it lowers my tolerance. And I also take the Claritin (Loratadine) and Allegra (Fexofenadine) several hours prior because the itch is usually pretty bad for me. (And then, of course, I take my Diazepam and Triazolam for sleep at night and my SNRIs in the m

(I cleared my inbox. And I don't know what AFAIK means.) I haven't used Aleve the last several times, especially with the Hydro. I really just drink tons of WGJ, take a gram of Cimetidine with tums, and add a first gen anti-histamine like 37.5mg Diphenhydramine.

I do take the 60mg DMX/day to see if it lowers my tolerance. And I also take the Claritin (Loratadine) and Allegra (Fexofenadine) several hours prior because the itch is usually pretty bad for me. Do you think these 2nd and 3rd gen anti-histmamines are affecting the high? I just figure why not take them to help with the itch if they aren't affecting the opiates. (And then, of course, I take my Diazepam and Triazolam for sleep at night and my SNRIs in the morning. But I didn't think any of these drugs would interfere.)

***I don't take my regular Neurontin (gabapentin) starting two days before because studies say it decreases the BA of Oxy.***

I do take the 60mg DMX/day to see if it lowers my tolerance. And I also take the Claritin (Loratadine) and Allegra (Fexofenadine) several hours prior because the itch is usually pretty bad for me. Do you think these 2nd and 3rd gen anti-histmamines are affecting the high? I just figure why not take them to help with the itch if they aren't affecting the opiates. (And then, of course, I take my Diazepam and Triazolam for sleep at night and my SNRIs in the morning. But I didn't think any of these drugs would interfere.)

***I don't take my regular Neurontin (gabapentin) starting two days before because studies say it decreases the BA of Oxy.***
Take it first hand, Naproxen (Aleve) does not contribute to euphoria. I have used this many times to try to potentiate the euphoric effects of opiates, and each time it gave me nothing. But it can have a synergistic effect with opioids for pain relief. Since you have included anti-histamines and white grapefruit juice to potentiate your opioids, it does not seem like your going for pain relief. In my opinion, Loperamide (Immodium) is a great over the counter potentiator. It is technically the only over the counter opiate in the United States, because it does not have the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier on it's own. Because of this it does not bind to the M-opioid receptors, which are responsible for the euphoria of the opiate high. But it does antagonize the opioid receptors, which cause a usually unwanted side effect of opiate use; constipation. It is useful for diarrhea, and other stomach problems. But because it antagonizes the opioid receptors, it can be used for the potentiation of opiates, and I have used it for this, and I think it works well. No, those second and third generation anti-histamines will do nothing for the potentiation of opiates. They will relieve the itching though. Diazepam, Triazolam, and other benzodiazpines will potentiate the euphoric affects of opioids, and add to the "nod" of the high because they cause sedation. Hope I could help! Have fun with your oxycodone, wish I had some right now lol =D