• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin When does stomach get used to Percocet?

XDLuva

Greenlighter
I've been taking Percocet for about 3 days now, about 10-12 pills a day of 15 mg each, and most of the time I get a stomach ache even after eating properly afterwards I just end up reeling it later or throwing it up which makes me feel better but pathetic- also having trouble urinating after I've taken about 4 or 6... I remember in the past after like say WD of an opiate I may get better but once I started on it again I may have felt relief yet I begun getting queasy... anyone else ever get any of this, even with Vicodin? Appreciate the positive comments.

take less opioids. Being unable to piss and vomiting is a sign you're taking more then your body can handle.

Sounds like you are taking too much. Try cutting down on them some and plugging them. Takes away all the tummy issues. But if you do that make sure you reduce the amount for the first time.

You're definitely taking too much... try cutting back to 8 pills a day? At least give yourself 3-4 hours between doses. I hope you're not just popping these every hour or so.

take less opioids. Being unable to piss and vomiting is a sign you're taking more then your body can handle.

Not necessarily. I got nausea, stomach aches and threw up almost every time I dosed (without taking antihistamines first) for my entire opiate career, even if the dose was lower than what I would have liked to have taken. Hell, even suboxone made me throw up once a week or so for the first year & 1/2 I was on it, and I still take much longer than I would otherwise when urinating, despite the fact that the suboxone gives significantly less opioid effect than what I was using previously ( codeine, oxy, H, morphine, primarily).

Just gotta accept that these drugs have these side effects and that they aren't always predictable. Some people who take opiates never throw up at all.

Although I will say in this specific case that yes, it does sound like you might be taking too much, and may possibly benefit from lowering the dose.

plugging them. Takes away all the tummy issues.

It absolutely does not. The nausea from opiates has nothing to do with the presence of the opiates in the stomach (although that might add to it a little bit, especially with APAP included, if you have a sensitive stomach). People who smoke or inject their opiates still get nausea.

Your definitely taking too much why would a doc prescribe somebody 180mgs oxycodone as a starting dose??? The normal dose is 20 mgs as a start so no wonder you can't piss or shit jeez take less pills or get used to having to ram all 9 inches of a catheter up your penis every time you need to urinate and an enema up your ass to shit.
I had to catheterise myself a few times when i was doing an 8ball of heroin everyday not fun but after the first 6 inches or so its not too bad;) just take more pills to take the pain of that away. Lol its not all fun and games being on these hardcore drugs you learn that very quickly.

I always find that when I take opiates, I would have to take dimenhydrinate with it, regardless whether my tolerance was low or high. Always felt nauseous and even vomited without the dimenhydrinate from the beginning, even from just 10mg of oxycodone.

Interestingly enough, I did find at times when taking much higher doses (120mg+), I did find myself able to urinate but it felt like I wasn't able to get it all out, like my urination would just stop abruptly...with a few trinkles of course =D

I had to catheterise myself a few times when i was doing an 8ball of heroin everyday not fun but after the first 6 inches or so its not too bad.

Definitely been there.. Sometimes not being able to urinate is the absolute worst side effect of drugs for me.

Yea I mean the human body can only take so much before it starts to say no more

I had to catheterise myself a few times when i was doing an 8ball of heroin everyday not fun but after the first 6 inches or so its not too bad

How is it even a problem with heroin? I mean I get methadone and suboxone etc, but heroin doesn't have a huge half life, just wait an hour or two after you wake up before taking your morning hit - the wait sucks, but that always cleared my system out.

That^^^.

And they're I'd no such thing as a "Percocet 15". What are you taking?

And Crankinit's right too, I IV opioids, but I have to take 1st gen antihistamines on a fail basis, because of chronic nasuea. But in the OP's case, he still needs to slow down.

Like all opioids, oxycodone's duration is dose dependent, and it's half-life is longer than one might suspect(ranging anywhere from 2-7 hours, with a mean if 3.5-4h, though some sources report 5.)

So if your just constantly popping oxy every hour or 2, it will accumulate to a point that it saturates the body(first pass processes, tissue, receptors) at which point even oxy can hold for many hours, during which side effects will plague you. I'd take 12 hours off to clear you're system, and make sure you urinate again.

How is it even a problem with heroin? I mean I get methadone and suboxone etc, but heroin doesn't have a huge half life, just wait an hour or two after you wake up before taking your morning hit - the wait sucks, but that always cleared my system out.

Well I didn't give myself that time crankinit I was an idiot and shot up as soon as my eyes were open and eevry two hours during the night even I was shooting dope

Last edited:
never, if it's the tylenol that's messing with your stomach. beyond that you may be hyper-sensitive to oxycodone...