• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Safely Potentiating Percocet

xjupiterx

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. I will try to be brief.

I have 2 1/2 percocet left, 5/325 APAP. I have a low tolerance but I am a big girl, about 220 lbs. I only abuse oxy when I get it for a script for something, which isn't very often. Last night I plugged one and ate two, which had a nice effect.

I have done a TON of research on this forum and this leads me to believe this might be the best way for me to make the most out of the 2 & 1/2 I have left:

An hour before take 50mg of hydroxyzine (I have a ton of these), 30 min before take a small amount of dxm (I have robotussin), maybe 10-15mL, then plug 2 of the percs and chew up the half.

I might have tramadol or flexiril somewhere, but I'm not sure. I am also on Lexapro once a day as Ativan as needed.

I also was told to eat peanut butter or fish oil caps before but I am not sure how long before (for the fat content).

Any advising for best outcome + safety would be appreciated.

I would be careful with mixing meds.

If your tolerance is low then the best thing to do might be to just wait a couple of days, which should cause the effects to increase.

Also, the oxy in percocet is IR so it really makes no difference if you crush/chew it or just pop it. Save yourself the bitter nastiness!

Thank you for the reply, Numb. I appreciate the advice.

So is there no difference then between oral vs anal? I read that plugging was the closest to IV which brought on the effects faster and possibly stronger.

Even though I have no tolerance, swallowing 3-4 (so 15-20mg) doesn't do much for me. I assume because of my weight? Not sure. Even though I haven't had oxy in months when I took 10mg I just felt relaxed. 15mg made me slightly euphoric. This is why I want to increase the effects. I also have tums and can try to find white grapefruit juice.

Can anyone offer any additional advice?

I appreciate what I have been given and I hate to bother but I am going to be taking them soon. Should I take fish oil or eat PB? Is there a big difference between oral vs plugging? The meds don't upset my stomach but I don't mind plugging either. I do like that they come on faster with plugging. Also should I take some hydroxyzine now if I plan to take the oxy in an hour or so?

Thank you in advance.

I don't have experience with plugging and I only used oxy orally.

But here is a link that might help:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/639478-Rectal-administration-of-Oxycodone

As for fish oil or PB, if you are going on the notion that food high in fat will help potentiate then I would try the PB and hour or so before. But I wouldn't expect any huge difference.

As far as hydroxyzine, you can give this paper a read and decide for yourself but it is not uncommon for many people to take antihistamines about 30mins prior. But one needs to seriously consider that they contribute to respiratory depression, which when combined with opiates can be dangerous.

http://aop.sagepub.com/content/24/5/484.short

I never found DXM to make any difference with oxy. Only opioid it effected (that I tried, there's reason to speculate that it could work on hydrocodone, but we don't have that here in Aus) is codeine.

^ I found it worked well when combined with other items mentioned but the primary difference I found was that it prevented a rapid tolerance buildup due to the NMDA antagonism and there is some pretty solid research on this aspect.