• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Snus???

Well... safe relative to what? Probably a bit safer than injecting formaldehyde, a bit less safe than drinking water.

They still contain carcinogens but are massively safer than cigarettes.

Oh Snus I'd rather have a tin of pouches of those then a pack of ciggs any day. As for if they're safer, well they do contain small amounts ( very small ) of lead in them ( as do normal smokes, tobacco has lead naturally in it ) and a lot more nicotine ( altho not enough to harm you, nicotine is slightly carcinogenic and more can't be good for you ).

Snus is just as bad as any other processed non-smoked tobacco. Moderately better than smoking but you're still gonna be at risk of oral/nasal cancer et cetera. Doubly so if it's smokehouse cured tobacco.

I would say compared to:

vaporizing natural (uncured chemical free tobacco), worse

smoking natural (uncured chemical free tobacco), the same or worse depending on the amount of smoke you are inhaling

smoking or vaporizing prepared tobacco (cigarette tobacco), better

chewing tobacco, better

nicotine gum, worse

oral or buccal natural tobacco, worse

patch, worse

vapor pens, worse

cigars or cigarillos, better

cigarettes, better

shisha, better

pure nicotine taken in any rout, worse

nicotine extracts, worse or the same depending on method of extraction, quality and route of administering

(worse = snus is worse for you, same= snus is just as bad for you, better = snus is a little more healthy)

are you talking about raw tobacco you snort or prepared pouches you put in you upper lip? I wrote my comparisons based on snus pouches but my list would still be more or less accurate if you were referring to natural or prepared snuff (snorting tobacco)

Snus is just as bad as any other processed non-smoked tobacco. Moderately better than smoking but you're still gonna be at risk of oral/nasal cancer et cetera. Doubly so if it's smokehouse cured tobacco.

Actually there's not a consensus that snus causes oral cancer. And it doesn't go up your nose so it doesn't cause any problems there. Snus is not fermented and it's pasteurized. I wouldn't call it safe but from what I've read it's more than moderately safer than smoking. I believe the difference is significant.