• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxy's Too Expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyronPecz

Greenlighter
Sooo.. here's a little backdrop.SWIM Started doing oxy's about 2-3 years ago..he didn't even know what they were at first, all of his friends just called them "30's". Only later did he come to find out that "30's" are actually the infamous "OxyContin" he has always heard about (well, oxycodone, anyway). He has been on them now since he was 19/20.. he's now 22. His addiction has gotten incredibly worse the last two years.. to the point he's selling things to score a couple pills, wakes up sick in the morning without them, and literally can't focus on anything except them. He lives in the Appalachian region where they go for more than $1/mg.. MORE than.. so honestly, it's not really a habit he can afford to continue doing. $40+ for just one of the things just no longer seems worth it, as it takes 2 - 2 1/2 to even get him feeling good. What are better alternatives for getting high? Tolerance breaks? Norcos? SWIM is looking for a cheaper alternative because this just isn't sustainable... prices are ridiculous.

Last edited:
I know man there's nothing you can do I was paying well over a hundred bucks for a real oxy 80 a few years ago but now you can't even find any let alone at a decent price.
I switched to heroin cause I could get the same as a oxy 80 for a quarter of the price of oxy but quickly my tolerance grew and I was doing a half gram or more numerous times a day amounting to well over 500 bucks a day which was alot nore than the hundred or so i spent on pills lucky I sold the stuff but it was still killing me so now I'm on suboxone and get my high for free and don't have to seel drugs anymore. Have you thought about suboxone or methadone cause your tolerance is only gonna get worse and the prices higher so your fucked I'm afraid. It's happened to everyone on pills now they are all on heroin cause there's no other alternative.
Please don't switch to heroin it may seem good at first but it jacks your tolerance up to make you spend more on the heroin then you were on the pills then you try to go back to pills and you need so much to get well its no longer feasible to continue.

Also we don't use the term swim here you can refer to yourself I'm sure your not talking about some who isn't you by the way you talked lol

And let's not get too much into prices you were general so its not bad but for example we can't say stuff like here I pay $ _____ for a pill.

Suboxone is OK and gives a decent high but no real euphoria.. and I have only tried methadone sparingly.. 20mg here and there. There are plenty of clinics in my area and I am seriously considering methadone. My uncle (a very close friend, as well) just recently passed away last month from a methadone and benzo OD, which now makes two uncles to pass away from the same concoction (one was actually in his last semester of med school) - so I am a little timid about trying the stuff because I know how dangerous it can be when mixed with the wrong drugs. I am definitely considering methadone in the near future, though.

In the meantime, what are my alternatives to oxy 30'... can I get a better bang for my buck with the norcs?

Last edited:
Please edit those prices out my man before a moderator does they don't like that specific pricing.

And to answer your questions no norcos are so much weaker than oxy a 5ng norco is about the same as 30ngs codeine which is so weak once eyoi do oxy hydrocodone just won't cut it plus with all the acetaminophen in then you will destroy yiur liver trying to catch a buzz.
To me about 6 norco 5s(or 3- 10s in your case) equal one oxy 20mg pill so it's a very weak substance for people who are not tolerant to opiates.

Last edited:
trainspotters first post is on point. But he didn't mention your quickest, but most painful option. Withdrawal. Or the slightly longer but less painful quick suboxone taper.

But before I begin, we don't SWIM here, it's clearly you, learn to embrace your problem, it's the only way you'll ever change.

All in all, it's a shitty situation, and shows how shitty your friends are, but also how stupid you were--to habitually use a drug you didn't even know what it was (despite clearly being a pharmaceutical).

Your worst option now is to see this as permanent, and to just move onto heroin or into suboxone or methadone maintenance. You might have dug yourself a hole, but it's not that deep, so man up and do something about it. Unless you don't want to, but I've been there (both psychologically and geographically), and you're not doing yourself any favor getting addicted to oxy at 22 with no future.

My advice: take a week off work or whatever you do. Lock yourself up with some supplies (check out the withdrawal megathread). Then save up some money and get the fuck out of there, cause if you don't make a change you'll find yourself in the same situation sooner than you could imagine (despite the discomfort of withdrawal).

trainspotters first post is on point. But he didn't mention your quickest, but most painful option. Withdrawal. Or the slightly longer but less painful quick suboxone taper.

But before I begin, we don't SWIM here, it's clearly you, learn to embrace your problem, it's the only way you'll ever change.

All in all, it's a shitty situation, and shows how shitty your friends are, but also how stupid you were--to habitually use a drug you didn't even know what it was (despite clearly being a pharmaceutical).

Your worst option now is to see this as permanent, and to just move onto heroin or into suboxone or methadone maintenance. You might have dug yourself a hole, but it's not that deep, so man up and do something about it. Unless you don't want to, but I've been there (both psychologically and geographically), and you're not doing yourself any favor getting addicted to oxy at 22 with no future.

My advice: take a week off work or whatever you do. Lock yourself up with some supplies (check out the withdrawal megathread). Then save up some money and get the fuck out of there, cause if you don't make a change you'll find yourself in the same situation sooner than you could imagine (despite the discomfort of withdrawal).

I actually am totally done with WD's.. had about 5-6 day's totally clean and the physical symptoms have subsided. After watching my dad work on his baby brother (to no avail) I have had an overwhelming sense of guilt for being close friends with my uncle and us supporting each other's habits. Due to the guilt, I have basically only done oxy 2-3 times in the past month.

I'm an amateur bodybuilder, already have an associates degree and working towards a bachelors, and am currently employed. It's funny how you just assume I have "no future" because I have battled a petty addiction for two years. You don't know me, you don't know my story. Keep the personal comments to yourself. I don't think age is really something that matters when talking about addiction - being addicted at age 50 is no better than age 22.

If I choose Suboxone or Methadone, that doesn't automatically mean it's a permanent option. I know many people fall into that, and many don't, as well. These are tools, and when used properly, can lead to sobriety. Don't be so quick to just assume you're some guru because you moderate on a drug forum. With that said, thanks for the tiny pieces of positive information you contributed.

Yea I didn't think he would be happy to hear that as an option most try to look for options besides cold turkey detox lol so I mentioned suboxone.
Really at this point withdrawal is the best thing for you cause it will get worse and your not too high up there with your doses yet so withdrawal would be a good option (best option) but I also know how easy it is to keep calling back into old habits and how hard it is just to make it the month it takes to get the crap outta your system

Also, the SWIM reference isn't to negate personal responsibility, it's for legal/personal purposes. Thanks for the concern, though.

Your totally right my friend methadone/suboxone doesn't have to be a permanent solution they are useful tools to help you get on track so if we have access to them in this day and age why not use them am I right?

Also, the SWIM reference isn't to negate personal responsibility, it's for legal/personal purposes. Thanks for the concern, though.

Well using SWIM is against the rules big slick so dont shoot the messenger. I am with Trainspottering first post.

I dont think Felonious Monk was saying you had no future......
I believe he was saying if you choose to go down the slippery slope of wanting to get high with oxys or whatever, that your future will look bleak........

Its good to see you've been clean for a week........good luck & stay positive!

Yea man that's great your clean already looks like you don't even need any help with that part now the hard part is staying clean.

Am I on the wrong forum or something? I haven't said anything about wanting to currently quit my habit altogether. I am looking for an alternative to oxy's to get a cheaper high. Methadone, Norcs, Tex, etc..

Is this like a recovery forum only? I was under the impression it was for the discussion of recreational use as well. If I am misunderstood, I apologize.

And to answer your questions no norcos are so much weaker than oxy a 5ng norco is about the same as 30ngs codeine which is so weak once eyoi do oxy hydrocodone just won't cut it plus with all the acetaminophen in then you will destroy yiur liver trying to catch a buzz.
To me about 6 norco 5s(or 3- 10s in your case) equal one oxy 20mg pill so it's a very weak substance for people who are not tolerant to opiates.

Thing is I got 6 norc 10's and ate them and got way higher than I get snorting 2 roxy 30's.. and I saved $30. Is it because I ate the norcs and snorted the rox? The high was pretty similar - slightly different high due to the different compounds, but it was similar in potency.

Just my opinion, but Oxy sucks. It's no better than codeine. Trust me when I say I REALLY gave it a try but brown blows it out of the water as do some synthetic opioids..... HOW people pay $1/mg is amazing. At 10c/mg I might bother but....

we don't allow price discussion or drug recommendation

the best option is to stop and never look back

Status
Not open for further replies.