• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin addicted to Heroin and Oxy

LFC

Bluelighter
Well screwed myself good and proper this time around,
Moved from Oxys straight toheroinand for the past 6 months been doing 3 bags a day .6 in total and with 4 oxy norm capsules 20/30mg
The last 7 days haven't touch any Oxys and reduce my habit to .4 a day,
Today I have only done a .2 and 20mg of oxy,
I want to do a quick taper on theSubutexas I have adrugtest coming up next month for a job,
Apart from the 60mg of oxy and Subutex I havelorazepam,alprazolam,etizolam, 2 types of valiums and dhc,codeineand dhc
I don't want to take all that stuff just hoping someone can give me a taper with what will work and get me off the heroin and Oxys,
My last moving to subs from Oxys I waited 16 hrs
G What I have is 12 8mgSubutexand 2 8mgSuboxoneall tablets,
My family know the doctors in my area so I can't turn to them and have to do it myself,
What my concerns are when I reduce could I use one the benzo I mentioned,

As I live in London my family know most of the doctors around me so have to do it myself,
Went to one of the NA meeting and there weren't much help as I was using at the time,
Really want to stop and get onto subs to do a quick 7 day taper,

Any help will be appreciated

I don't like doing tapers, I do it short and hard so I am not sure but... hmm... i used lopramide today and it worked wonders cold turkey but only cause I went through too much ketamine antially. Ketamine is my favorite withdrawing... I slept cold turkey habit of through the last twelve hours with xanax and klonodine as well. you might not be able to get klonodine without a doc but you can get lopramide at a store and you have benzos which i would save for the worst of tapering. And in the states, i buy dope and k from the same guy. and also molly, ecstacy, and cocaine but hes a nice guy i guess.;)

I feel like if its useful on short a harsh withdrawl so it would be with subs which ive never done but... logic ??

Thanks for the help,
Going through what I had I found dhc 11 of them 120mg and a box of codeine phosphate as well, 30 odd xanax and 4 strips of vals
I don't need all the 14 8mg Subutex and want to do the shortest detox possible like a 7 day one,
Day one 4mg
Day 2 4mg
Day 3 3mg
Day 4 3mg
Day 5 2mg
Day 6 1mg
Day 7 1mg

Does that sound good

I need to know your tolerance to help you. Heroin is always cut, so it is difficult to extrapolate a dose from that. Tell us exactly how much oxy it takes to hold you, how many times a day, MOA, etc.

But, I would start at 8mg, or at worst 6mg. And 16 hours is not nearly enough time to wait. You need at least 24h. But, preferably 36-48h. Because of the short half life, you can get away with taking buprenorphine 24h after your morphine/oxy, but the longer you wait, the more effective it will be.

It also drops your tolerance, making your taper faster.

However, I think 1 week is simply too short to taper from any serious habit. 10-15 days, minimum.

And 1mg is way too much to jump off from. You need to get down to NO MORE than 0.5mg(500mcg). But preferably, get down to 0.25mg. Some drop even lower than that. But I think a few hundred mcg is ok to drop from. So you need to adjust your taper, and drop lower than 1mg.

And finally, if your concerned with a drug screen, don't be. Buprenorphine(suboxone) doesn't show up on any standard drug test, it has to be tested specifically.

But anyway, post your oxy tolerance, and we can give you am appropriate taper.
(PS: drug testing questions aren't allowed, but this information I think is fine, especially since he didn't ask ;) )

That's a great taper remember to skip days at the end before jumping so when you get down to say 1mg you could start with every other day instead of daily that really helps you jump off easier. And the above poster is right 1mg is waaay to much to jump from. If you do a quick taper in say a week stopping at 1 is not to bad I'll admit but why not make it easier on yourself and go down to say 100 micrograms (0.1mgs) bupe is very strong I do .3 every 6 hours and have for a long time and that gets me pretty dam high along with substantial pain relief just goes to show how strong the stuff is if I could go from an 8 ball of heroin a day to 0.3 mgs of bupe 3 times a day.

I've got these bupe tapers down to a science feel free to ask me any questions if you would like:)

My oxy habit was 240mg aday with 1 bag .4
Reduce down to .6 heroin to 30mg oxy,
I.can go the day with 60mg oxy with a bunch of valiums and xanax,
Tomorrow I am just going to do oxy 10mg at a time just to stop the edge of the WD the less the better,
Wait the 16+ hours and go onto the subs

Good idea tapering the oxycodone sounds like you know what your doing;)
Don't gibe yourself a wait time just wait till your sick everyone gets sick at different times cause they metabolise substances at a different pace for instance I only have to wait 4 hours after doing IV dope to start sub but my friend waited 20 hours once and still got real sick from having other opiates in his body and taking sub too soon.

Sorry, I won't be useful for that-- I have never tapered subs-- I just used to shoot them (subutec) when I did not have anything. Good luck! You are so prepared-- more than I have ever been so I think you will be fine. But I always think I am prepped and I am not AND NO ALCOHOL. Makes it all worse in the long run-- so many bad experiences.
And obviously, all the obvious stuff like cold rags on your forehead, warm baths and showers... all that.

I think that taper is good. Just make sure to wait a good 24 hours before starting it. I don't think that you need to stop at a dose below 1mg because its long half-life allows it to build up a bit in you so when you stop it's slowly leaving you which lets it taper itself out of you more.

I manged to only do half a bag yesterday and did the rest today,
Reducing my habit to just a .1 a day in the last 2 days has been great,
the night was the hardest as I usually smoke a bag before sleep but instead took some vals and xanax and slept ok,
Tomorrow is going to be the hardest day for me,
Also haven't mention I only smoke in joints, never on foil or needles, have a fear of needled, always blackout during blood test and collapse onto the floor,
If I forgot the oxy for tomorrow and jump straight onto the subs wouldn't that be a good thing??
Have never done it like that,
Also should I break the 8mg down to 1mg and take that first after waiting to see if I go into early WD,
Before I have always waited 16hrs from my last oxy intake before going onto subs,

So glad I have found a really nice and helpful forum, support in london is really hard and most just look down at you when you ask for help

Just want to clear it up a bit,
So once at the end if the taper should I do the 1mg half at a time so it ends up like this-

Day 1 4mg
Day 2 4mg
Day 3 3mg
Day 4 3mg
Day 5 2mg
Day 6 1mg
Day 7 1mg
Day 8 .5mg
Day 9 nothing

^^^ that sounds better, but I would still go down to 0.25mg before jumping off. And instead of going 4-4-3-3, you could go down from 2mg to 1.5. Then go from 1mg to 0.75, then take 0.5 for a day or two, then 0.25 for a couple of days, and then jump. 10 days is a realistic taper, but ultimately 15 days would allow you to comfortably drop down your dose to microgram levels, which will make the I excitable WD symptoms very mild. Good luck!!!!

I waited 17hrs and gave in and took a oxy, good thing was that only 10mg took my wd away so my habit has gone down a lot,
Pushing myself over the next hurdle to go onto the subs is scary like hell,
It's been a few hours since I have taken the oxynorm and can feel my WD coming back,
Trying to wait as long as possible or till I get really bad WD before I take another 10mg oxy,
The oxynorm capsules in the uk are IR, you can pop them open or take them oral, think the bio is the same either way,
After today I won't have any Oxys left which is a good thing and only the subs to fall back on, once I start those then I know I can do it, just a matter of starting them