• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Have I developed minor physical dependency to GHB?

widzly102

Greenlighter
Background:
I take GHB/GBL (90% of the time GBL) when I party on the weekends. Usually I go out about 2-3 times in a month. I live in Berlin and the parties here go on for a LONG time, so normally when I go out, I am out for 12-24 hours at a time. And that means, for those 12-24 hours I am in this so-called 24/7 dosing pattern. My GBL doses are always 0.8-1.0ml, and I redose about every 1-2 hours.

I’ve done this for about a year, and I’ve never developed or noticed any weird cravings or withdrawal symptoms -- even sometimes after 2 days of partying and taking G.. I guess I was also oblivious to the fact that physical addiction to G was possible.

Recently, I had a long weekend (3 days) of partying in which I went into a 24/7 dosing pattern (as I normally do when I’m out, but this time with GHB that I cooked up from GBL). This is the longest period of time where I’ve taken G without break. I noticed that at the end of the weekend, I wasn’t feeling right (FYI I slept a good 14 hours on the last night so it wasn't from lack of sleep. and I had slept the the first night - so I wasn't awake for 72 hours). I thought maybe i was experiencing withdrawal symptoms, but I wasn’t experiencing any of the hallmark symptoms - no tachycardia, no sweating, no anxiety, no insomnia - just a general weird unwell feeling. The day after it was barely there (or maybe I was imagining it), and the day after that, it was gone completely.

So here are my questions:
1) Could it be that I have somehow developed minor physical dependency/addiction to G?
2) If so, does this mean that I am more prone to withdrawals and addiction further down the road considering that my body will remember this physiological dependency?
3) Is there a way to “reset” my body by taking a long break? If so, how long?
4) Is there a way to continue taking G responsibly (without getting addicted or experiencing withdrawals) at this point, or did I fuck it up by binging for 3 days?

Last edited:
From my experience, it takes a good while of daily use to get physically dependent on G so sounds more likely to be just a G hangover/comedown to me. From three days of partying I'm assuming it was caused by a mix of dehydration, poor diet, irregular sleep and just your body trying to deal with all the drugs you were constantly consuming.

Sounds like it could be the start of GHB dependency, just don't use it for multiple days in a row any more unless you can deal with feeling wierd.

It's really too hard to say from one count of a "general weird unwell feeling.'' Could be the first emergence of a minor dependency, could be a bit of dehydration, or a contaminant in your GHB, or a slight viral illness. Just wait and see - although generally speaking, taking drugs which form severe physical dependencies for multiple days on end on a weekly basis is probably gonna lead to some kind of addiction sooner or later.