• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

how come drugs screw up your periods? is this normal??

NFinity

Bluelighter
My girlfriends and i often get weird menstruation cycles after taking pills. This can vary from there being months between periods or a single period lasting for up to 3 weeks. Tis pretty scary..... Does this generally happen to all females who drop? Why does it happen?

I know after I roll mine will start earlier this would happen to my roommate as well
I wondered about this before but never thought it was anything big. I do think it has an effect on your cycle, it happened too many times to be coincendental
------------------
"Evil (ignorance) is like a shadow-it has no real substance of its own,
it is simply a lack of light. You cannot cause a shadow to disappear
by trying to fight it, stomp on it, by railing against it, or any other
form of emotional or physical resistance. In order to cause a shadow
to disappear, you must shine light on it."
~~~Shakti Gawain

According to the doctors and nurses I've spoken to, any drug use or any life change that causes an abnormal amount of stress (moving, changing jobs, whatever) can mess up your period. I was never, ever irregular until I had been doing E for about 3 months, and then it started coming late (made me paranoid, you can bet)...now I'm on the shot so my periods are never normal (fortunately they come less often instead of more often!), but I was told that although there isn't much of a health risk in irregular periods, it's a good idea to visit the doctor if you keep bleeding for longer than 2 weeks at a time.
------------------
Harlequin
~Someday your ship will come in. Today...is not that day.~

when I first started rolling, my cycle got extremely messed up.....I was about three weeks late before Mother Nature finally got everything running again....so now when I do E my cycle gets a bit thrown off, but since I am no longer on the pill I really have no way of telling if it was because of the birth control, which I doubt, or if it was just the drug taking its toll on my body...tripping acid used to throw my cycle off....so I would say it's nothing to worry about a lot unless you start noticing some problems other than just being late....best of luck!

Amphetamines (including MDMA) commonly disrupt the menstrual cycle. Often this implies inducing the period early (so you get your period right after rolling/tweaking/etc), and if you are rolling/tweaking/whatever a LOT, this can eventually lead to fewer periods or no periods, especially if you are not eatin, are exercising more, and losing weight...
My period is almost always brought on by using meth, and sometimes (though rarely) by rolling. This is relatively normal -- only if your periods are stopping altogether, or you are bleeding multiple times a month, should you worry.
How frequently do you roll, and what other drugs do you use? Are you eating and sleeping enough? Are you a normal weight? If not, you should consider taking a break or rolling less frequently.
[This message has been edited by fairnymph (edited 09 October 2001).]

Hey out there, I am new to this site, I linked up to it from www.pillreport.com, cool site also. I saw the question about messed up periods and I had to read on... The same thing happens to me and I thought I was taking too much. I didn't know this was like common for us. I always seem to start one after a real hard roll. Then other times I have skipped for a month. I just stopped rolling for a while, things went back to normal. Well I am going to check out the rest of this site...

yeah i have also noticed that when i eat pills my period usually starts earlier than normal. cool, im not alone
smile.gif

------------------
You gotta be a bad girl in this world to be heard...

I don't get mine early from rolls, but I'm on the pill so I kind of regulate when my visitor arrives.
With acid, however, I got mine early once, despite the pill. I remember reading a while back that with females, acid can cause uterine contractions. This made sense when I read it, because I always get cramps when I trip on it, and i can see how that would cause your period to start.

tripping acid threw my period off so much I ended up getting pregnant I have a beautiful four year old son that was conceived while on my last trip how is that for a story to tell your kid when they're older?!! "well you were brought about by a really good dose of double dipped felix" I thought I would die...but he is a completely normal if not above average child...so maybe next time I want a baby I will just get some really good trip again!!

Wow....it's a relief to hear that i'm not alone on this one. I agree that it only seems to happen after a really big night after munching many pills. It prolly has to do with the fact that my friends and i are the same in that we generally won't eat or sleep for two days after a big rave/party or whatever. Tis prolly a combination of all things which contributes......although it only seems to happen with e's, not at all with speed or coke. hmmmmmmmmz oh well. Might be a sign from the body that we should take it easy. Thanks for your responses
smile.gif

------------------
* People talk to themselves, see themselves the way they would like to be.... They just don't have the courage to run with it. *

I am sorry...I was not really serious about that last comment I made...I know that I got extremely lucky having a wonderful healthy baby....it was really meant as joke on myself b/c I can no longer have children...so please overlook my comment...the ability to have a healthy child is more euphoric than any man made or natural drug.....

hmmm, whenever I roll my period comes late, and it only lasts for 3 days...I'm not sure what the means but ok...
acid always makes my period come sooner, if I don't get my period the next day after tripping I get worried.

Your problem probably arises from the stress you are putting on your body through irregular sleep patterns, weight loss ect. Your body is simply responding to these physical changes by conserving energy. These problems you discribe are a very good sign that your body is not coping with your life style and probably needs a rest. Anybody who says drugs are the devil and stuff is a wanker who doesnt know what they are talking about, but by the same token it is stupid to think that you can pill continualy and not suffer for it.

If you are munching alot in a short time it could also be that the following seritonin deficiency is screwing with your bodies hormonal receptors.

josh_nexus : While I agree with much of what you are saying (about taking a break), realize that there are a number of females who DON'T do drugs very frequently and STILL have their periods thrown off. For example -- half of the times that I have used meth (never more closer than 3 months apart per use, so about 5 times in the past two years), my period has been jumpstarted. But I certainly wasn't "overusing" meth -- see my point?