• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Fish Oil Works!

!420+E=:)!

Bluelighter
This past week I had started preloading with MaxEPA Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Fish Oil). I was taking 1000mg a day. I started that on Sat. I was also taking regular multivitamins and other herbs like I always do. That Thurs one pill put me on my ass. I was blowin up hardcore and everything felt so good. The music was fuckin amazing and the blanket I was wrapped in felt awesome. For some reason though I was alot colder than the others. The air was way down in the apartment and I was dancing but I was still cold. I could tell that I was having a different roll than everyone else probably due to the fish oil. Smoking weed was like the best thing ever when I was rollin. It felt so good and it made me blow up harder. I took a total of 2 pills throughout the night and had a wonderful roll. I took a valium smoked a bowl and then literally past out because I don't remember falling asleep where I did (I was in a totally different room). But anyways back to the fish oil...if you haven't tried it already I suggest you do. It cost about 10-20 bucks a bottle and just take like a capsule or pill a day with a meal a week prior to rollin. I'm going to continue to take a pill every couple days just to keep giving my body omega-3's and still preload for a week before I roll. Definitely the best preloading method I've ever tried...
Mike

I'm not in any way questioning your findings.. but is there any reasoning as to why fish oil works? I'd be eager to try it.. And--is it one of the substances you use pre-loading or is it the type of effect that you would notice after using for a period of time? (ie a week, two weeks, etc.)

Well I'm not sure exactly how fish oil works but I know it contains something called omega-3's, something that is very vital to your brain. This is a quote from a post made in Medical Q&A:
Omega-3's are essential, in that your body can't make them.
The brain is about 1/3 by weight omega 3 oils. You get VERY LITTLE
oil in the typical American diet (the fish eating asians get a bunch
of omega-3's)
How does it work? The leading theory is that Omega-3's improve the
fluidity of the cell membrane. (they also will make for a different
set of prostaglandin hormones, perhaps unrelated) Fish oil is the
"Mobil 1" primo-grade lubricant of the brain.
Yes Fish Oil could be used even afterwards and not just for a preload. It is something that our brain needs and doesn't get much of. It can help with heart disease, breast disease, depression, can prevent heart attacks, and can lower blood pressure along with many other things. A very informative site about fish oil is: http://www.iherb.com/fishoil.html
Make sure you take Vitamin E with it though because it helps it absorb into the brain...
Mike

wow
Thanks for the info! Definately sounds interesting, I'll give it a try.. as a matter of fact, I think I'll order some online.
Thanks!

Okay, beating this post to death here, but I read that entire page on iHerb and found a couple of key points of interest:
'...but points out that high blood plasma concentrations of docosahexaenoic acid, and essential fatty acid found in fish, has been linked to increased serotonin turnover and lower incidences of depression and suicide'
'Low levels of DHA have recently been associated with depression, memory loss, dementia, and visual problems.'
'Dr. Levine also points out that low DHA levels have been linked to low brain serotonin levels which again are connected to an increased tendency to depression, suicide, and violence'
I also found out why it may be better to include more fish in your diet (maybe rather than supplementing.. or maybe combining the two) Below is an section taken from a 'Ask Dr. xxx'
----
We've heard such varied opinions on fish-oil supplements that we want your opinion. Help!
-- Marilyn S
(Published 9/4/96)
Fish oil is probably the most important dietary source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are vital nutrients. These fatty acids reduce inflammation, protect against the abnormal clotting associated with heart attacks, and possibly inhibit cancer. There may be other benefits, too: A 1992 study in the journal Lancet, for example, suggests that omega-3 fatty acids prolong pregnancy by a few days and improve birthweights.
To reap the benefits of omega-3, however, I don't recommend that people take fish-oil supplements. The oils used for commercial capsules may have toxic contaminants. Also, it's not clear that the isolated fish-oil supplements reproduce the benefits of actually eating fish.
It would be much better to eat two to three servings a week of fish that contain omega-3 fatty acids. These are the oily fish from cold Northern waters: sardines, herring, mackerel, and wild salmon, which has much more omega-3 than farmed salmon.
If you are vegetarian (or don't want to eat fish), the best source of omega-3 is flax seed. You can buy whole flax seeds very cheaply in health-food stores, or you can order packages of golden flax seed (with a grinder) from Heintzman Farms. Keep them in the refrigerator, and grind a half cup or so at a time in your blender or coffee grinder. Sprinkle a tablespoon of the resulting meal onto salads, baked potatoes, or cereals. This will give you plenty of omega-3.
Be aware that flax has a very high fiber content, so it can increase stool bulk and have a laxative effect in some people. Fortunately, most people consider this a side benefit.
----

hey this is really interesting stuff. for a while now, i have eaten fish every day for lunch for a week after rolling or speeding. i think cuz i heard fish had high tyrosine, so i took it initially to boost me after speed, and then tried it after e.
i *swore* it made me feel a lot better than if i didnt do it. now i know why!
eat yer fish
smile.gif

=)

Mackeral rules!
It's about $1.25 for a twelve oz. can. For people that work out, it's a great source of protein with a minimal amount of fat. Tuna is great also. There is evidence to suggest that omega-3s block absorption of bad fats. The only downside is the alleged high mercury content of some of these types of fish.
sushi rules also. :p

I got a HHC rave on april the 14 and im gonna try pre-loading with the above mentioned supplementes. What type of 'fish oil' do i get, is cod liver oil the samething or do i just look for something with omega fatty acids?

Well I don't think the type of fish oil would matter as long as it has Omega-3 Fatty Acids. I have a bottle with EPA and DHA in it along with fish oil and it works great...makes your burps taste like fish though...ewwwww.
Mike

Does any one know of a source for these lovely omegas that don't come from fish? I've been a vegetarian for almost 8 years, so fish isn't an option...
------------------
"We can't stop here, this is bat country!"

Yes they can be obtained through fish oil capsules or omega-3 fatty acids pills. You can get them at your GNC or health food store or online...

missbloog: as starshine_seraphim posted above, flax is a vegetarian option. pls read the post.. i would suggest reading *all* posts in a thread before posting a question.. even the long ones!! you never know what gems lie within
smile.gif

=)

Just another thing about the Omega-3's.
For the fish eaters - salmon, trout and mackerel are probably you best bet and for the non fish eaters, as well as flax oil, walnuts and wallnut oil are also fairly high in Omega-3 oils.
------------------
And the Mission is the Mouse...

Bootlegger-Yeah your post was what got me interested in fish oil. I tried it and it worked very well. I just noticed something though. Your post said to take about 5 grams daily. I just realized that I had only been taking 1000mg (1g) daily and I still blew the fuck up. I can't even imagine what it would be like to take 5 grams a day...
I don't believe there is any bad interactions with fish oil and 5htp. I haven't done it yet but I will eventually. Omega-3's are essential to your body so I don't think that it would cause any harm. But I could be wrong...

Cod Liver Oil might work...I'm not sure though. Just make sure it has omega-3 in it or fatty acids...