• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos how long before i go through withdraw?

butcher22

Bluelighter
I switched from k-pin to valium because i heard that it is easier to taper off of which is what i plan on eventually doing. i took 3mg of k-pin a day for like 4 or 5 months and have been on valium for a little over a month. i usually only take 10 mg of valium a day, sometimes more if i am super anxious. i only have one 10mg tab of valium left and it might take a few days for my refill to arrive in the mail. how much suck do i have to look forward to? and how soon

Because of diazepams long half life, steady use can cause you to not get sick for days, sometimes longer. However, you were only doing 10mg's, so there isn't as much that needs to leave your system. You've only been on it for a little over a month also, so I'd say right around the time your refill arrives, will be when it starts getting pretty shitty. It'll probably be pretty perfect timing. If I were you, I'd break that 10mg up and make it last as long as you can. If you take just enough each day to stave off withdrawals, just a couple mg's, it'll be enough to last you till your refill and you wont have to worry about the horrible and possibly dangerous
benzo withdrawal.

If for whatever reason, it does start getting bad before your refills come in, go to an ER. It may be a extreme given your low dosage, but still, prepare for the worst just to be safe. Benzo withdrawal can be very serious. Seizures, etc. The doctors treat it seriously, and if you go in there and are clearly sick and tell them you're dependent on benzos, they will help you. Like I said, last resort.

i was thinking about cutting it up too. do you think i should cut it in half and take one a day for two days or into quarters? im worried that with anything less than half i'll have horrible panic attacks

^^^

If you're really worried about panic attacks and don't think you can get by on less, then do half, but you should try for quarters and see if you can get by on that first. If after taking a quarter, the anxiety is too much, then take the other quarter. At the very least that'll give you 2 days and the 5mg's will keep you out of withdrawal. The 2.5mg's though, will maybe not make you feel 100%, but they'll at least make you okay, and for twice as long. You said you only have to get through a few days though, so I think either way you will be okay.

they arrived sooner than i expected. i took 3 times more normal dose because i was excited about not feeling like shit but after today im going back to my fairly low regular dose

they arrived sooner than i expected. i took 3 times more normal dose because i was excited about not feeling like shit but after today im going back to my fairly low regular dose

Glad you're all good. But, yeah.. be careful with that kinda thing, as that's the reason you run out in the first place.. ha. If you take more than your allotted dose for the day, you are naturally going to run out early unless you have extra, and the more times you take a higher dose, the faster you'll run out.

When I was prescribed 10mg of valium a day I found that I could make it 2 days without it and not be in withdrawals yet (I had the misfortune of being arrested while taking that dose of valium each day, and it was taking close to 2 days before being arraigned and I knew that if I told the guards that I needed to go to the hospital for my meds that it would mean yet another day before seeing the judge, and since I had a job, girlfriend, and other things that were making it pertinent for me to get out of there asap I just kept my mouth shut to prevent any delays in the process, and luckily was fine) but by day 3 things would start to get bad.

I only made it that long twice when trying to get into detox, and the second time I was finally admitted into the detox where I was given librium during my 4-5 days there, and then stopped taking benzos for good. After finally getting off of them it took a good 7-10 days for the withdrawals to get bad (keep in mind that I was given a dose of librium for 4 or 5 days straight that was equivalent to a lot higher of a dose than the 10mg of valium that I was taking, so it definitely built up in me considering both the dose and long half-life which attributed to the amount of time that it took for me to feel the withdrawals from it) and they probably peaked at the 2 week mark and then took about 2 more weeks before things started to get progressively better each day.

Please be careful with abruptly stopping your benzo intake. It's the only drug other than alcohol that can cause fatalities from it's withdrawals upon cessation of them, so it needs to be treated very seriously. If you feel that your blood pressure is getting too high or that you are twitching a lot upon running out of them then please do not hesitate to seek medical attentionm

yeah. i know the dangers. twice i was completely out of my mind and thought i was having a heart attack or something. the first time EMT's came to my house and i was having a full blown panic attack and completely insane. i took a swing at an AMT who was trying to take my blood pressure. it was high as fuck, as was my heart rate because i was dying and deadly afraid of passing out because i thought if i passed out i would never wake up again. they took me to the ER and gave me a small script of ativan. the second and worst time, i went to the ER and had a seizure in the waiting room so they put me in a wheel chair and took me back to a bed and i told the doc everything. that i had only been taking them as prescribed other than extremely stressful situations where he said it is ok to take two. i told him i drink a lot and he told me that was a bad idea but didnt drop be as a patient until i started seeing a counselor and she was concerned about me mixing benzos with booze so his drug dealing ass couldnt ignore it anymore with just a wag of the finger and dropped me because i refused to go to rehab for drinking fucking beer. not to mention i was only like 3 weeks out of a mental institution and less than a year out of jail. so this cock sucking jaggoff ER doctor is watching me throw up into a bucket and trembling uncontrollably and almost out of my mind and he says "i am not going to bail you out of this one. you need to start taking responsibility for your own life". and my fucking hatred totally overcame all of my symptoms and i said "you dont know a fucking thing about me. i am a father, a fiance, a good man. what fucking bad choices did i make? YOU FUCKING JAGGOFFS GAVE ME THIS FUCKING DRUG." they just say here take this three times a day without giving you any warnings and you trust them because you are supposed to.
then the doc said in a very condescending tone "just go to rehab". and i said i am not chilling with a bunch of drug addicts for months because i drink beer and he said "drug addicts? and laughed and said what do you think you are?" and i totally lost my shit and shoved him into the wall hard enough to know that it hurt and scared the shit out of him and i left the ER

Sorry to hear that, man. It's a shitty thing when you end up addicted and dependent like that from a legitimate scipt for a real issue. I've always felt for those people, because unlike a common dope fiend, who started using strictly and selfishly just to get high, they did not seek out drugs, were maybe even hesitant about taking them at all, were made to feel at ease by their doctor, and only started taking them for a real issue, be it intense anxiety, or pain, whatever.

So, it sucks that guys like you, and guys like me, end up in the same situations, despite how we got started in all this, because your reason was by far much nobler than mine.

butcher that sounds horrible dude... I can't even imagine your pain and anger in a situation like that... not even including withdrawals...

yeah, i am over it i guess. psychiatrists are drug dealing pieces of shit in my opinion. i thought about doing some crazy shit at first. i wanted that doctor to suffer too. i buy my shit online now and im cool

Last edited:
Yeah you're right about that. There really is not much difference between the doctors who just sling scripts like that at people constantly, and street drug dealers. The street dealers may even be better, because at least they don't pretend to be something they aren't, and mislead you.

Personly, im a huge supporter of kratom. for a year i i.vd meth and pills. i stopped cold turkey. used kratom for wd. been off the needle for 6months.