• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc is it safe for me to take Mucinex DM with my usual Klonopin and Bupe?

ANewKindOfArmy

Bluelighter
I mean the question basically is asked right away, the reason i worry is i know that Dextro can potentate opoids and even though i've been fine with the as doses benzo-Sub with as Directed for years now making me heavily tolerant to my meds i at least believe anyway ( been clean for all other opis for years now, I've never had a problem with benzo switches ( valium 2x daily and xanax as needed and same as Klonopin and xanax as needed etc) Normally i'd just take some ibu and 2 Benadryl and call it a day but this is one of the most brutal sinus headaches, nasty cough, and all that goes with that i have had in YEARS. i honestly cannot deal with this. I don't have any Benadryl left in this house but i did find 2 Mucinex DMs ( the 600s) from when my brother was sick and i was offered it. I checked drugs.com and it didn't worry about the interaction with Mucinex Dm sub and Klonopin but did worry about the benzo sub mix i know my body can handle it as it has over all these years but that thought of throwing another med in there is what's scaring me. I really dont need to die over a mucinex ya know?

Any input here would help out big time... Thank You's in advance

- B

you'll be safe with adding in a little OTC medicine in with your normal, daily routine.