• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids buprenorphine maintenance and i.v. roxi 30's to get high?

opiomoter

Greenlighter
Sorry, I know the title sounds a bit confusing. Anyways, my good friend takes about 4-6mg average. of Buprenorphine HCL (Generic Subutex) via I.V. or I.M. (intramuscularly) everyday and has been for about 8 months. He has just gotten a stash of roxi 30's, kind of by chance lol, and has taken a 72 hour break off his maintenance by using Klonopins (Clonazepam) & plenty of good marijuana & concentrates (melts, kief etc.). Its almost been 80 hours and i'm itching to slam (i.v.) a blue 224 Sun Pharma Oxy 30mg. Or 2 or 3. He has 10 of them on hand, plus tagamet (cimetidine), and some small pieces ~ 0.5mg to 1mg subs that could be used for potentiation.

My question is this, since I haven't taken oxy in over a year, will I be able to maybe get high at this point in time, or is it too early because of my Buprenorphine maintenance regimen I've told you about. Any help will be really appreciated. :)

Whatever the verdict, how much longer should I wait to feel something, and what dose should I take? ((When I used oxycodone back in the day., I was using doses of around 30 to 80mg orally per day.))

We wouldn't really know. There is an opiate converter in BDD, but only you have a good idea of your tolerance.

The buprenorphine has definitely also kept your tolerance on maintenance. Your tolerance is not as base line as you might presume just because you haven't touched oxy in a year.

I would say just go ahead and start with 2 or 3, but I wouldn't be surprised if you end up IVing all 10 by the end of the night. Bupe is much more potent than most people think.

I have been on bupe also for around 8 months..try not to go on vacations but usually do 2-5 days outta the month. You should be able to feel it since you have waited the 72 hours. This time I didn't stop taking my subs and just dosed 2-3 mg for two days instead of 4-8mg I usually take(have to work and Im NOT going without something in me) anyway got 10 today, and was plenty high but did 8 throughout the day and went into a strong nod tonight(also had 3mg of klonopin so that may have helped,dont reccomend that though, I got a tolerance for the benzo's. so that was 240 mg of oxy in a 9 hour period(didn't need that much at all). So you should be able to feel it fully with 60mg of the Roxi IMO. If not you can take more.

I had gone from a 160mg+ a day OC habit, or 2 grams of smoked heroin a day habit to methadone for 5 years, then to Suboxone for a year and a half. Started getting my hands on some OP 80s a few months ago (the new OC 80s, not Opana). I was amazed that after so long without oxy in my system I still needed 160mg to get a real nod going. Although try some White Grapefruit Juice or Cimetidine to help potentiate. With the assistance of the GFJ I found that if 80mg wouldn't get me "high" it definitely got me a level above "well".

Now, the thing is that we all know is that depending on the dose of bupe/time while not necessarily safe you can override Bupe, while i was an active user of oxy and bupe, their were them days i'd take a sub thinking i was toast and couldn't get my oxy and was sick and then got my oxy later on and still got my nods. The thing that has me worried here not to sound like a mother have you been micron filtering your BUPE AND ALSO YOUR OXY? All them binders and fillers you're asking for abscesses and all sorts of ugly things especially IM....i always was a sub lingual on the bupe and orally for the oxy person... Bupe didn't seem to work once i was Iv'ing H. This is ya gotta remember a harm reduction website just thought i'd throw it out there man/woman that you should definitely invest in some micron filters at the very least...

Be safe out there and best of luck.
-B

That's another thing i meant to add someone else has already said it in this post but Bupe will keep your tolorance up there... Just because you are clean from other Opi's, Bupe itself is one and a very potent one. ( not saying go over board but what i am saying is to be very VERY careful if you're going to switch back to oxy and back and forth... Be Safe please

Be AS SAFE AS YOU CAN OUT THERE, Best Of Luck,
-B

You should reduce your buprenorphine dose, like, now. Seriously, you are wasting it. Fucking 6mg? That's literally beyond the ceiling from which bupe gives no additional effect. Remember, peak plasma from IV is 15x or so higher than sublingual(and that is via sublingual solution, with tablets probably over 20x higher) and the ceiling with sublingual dosing is reached at 24-32mg, though most people say it is even less than that. Seriously, slamming that much buprenorphine is pointless, and all your doing is jacking up your tolerance with literally no benefit.

As for the oxy, sure, have fun. But WHY did you wait 80 hours? The half-life of IV/IM Buprenorphine is 3-4h( 6h, max). So it was all out of your system days ago... But, at least now you have no reason to bang 6mg of bupe a day, right? Seriously though, watch out, tolerance drops FAST when injecting drops. After 80 hours, you'll probably be fucking high off of 2-3. So good luck, and do some research next time ...

At 80 hours since taking bupe, that's definitely enough time for you to feel an opiate, so you're fine on that front. As far as oxy dosing goes, you know your tolerance better than we do ya know? Having been on that high of a bupe dose for so long (4-6mg IV is a very large amount), it kept your tolerance high. Still, it's better to be safe than sorry so start low and work your way up. Bupe is also around 20x stronger than oxy, so keep that in mind what trying to come up with a conversion. So 4mg's of bupe for example, would be roughly equal to around 80mg's of oxycodone. But remember that that is a rough conversion and there are a lot of numbers out there because the margin for error can be really large when converting bupe to something else, as it is a partial agonist, so it isn't as straight forward and converting two full agonists.

Well according to most opioid converters, 300mcg(microgram) IV buprenorphine is equal to *roughly* 20mg ORAL oxycodone(range 15-30). IV oxycodone is 1.5-2 as potent as PO oxy, therefore, using the most common conversion charts(including BA's very own)

300mcg IV buprenorphine = 10-15mg IV oxycodone.

You've been doing 4-6mg, but because of your tolerance break, your tolerance will literally be half of what it was, if not less. So using the "official" conversion method, 1.5mg IV bupe(which would be a more reasonable starting dose after your break, though you should reall limit yourself to 2mg per day) would be roughly equivalent to 50-75mg IV oxycodone. However, these calculators/converters grossly underestimate the potency of buprenorphine(at least in my experience, from what I have seen in others and felt myself) so it will likely take a large dose to fet you high even after 80 hours, I mean I just don't have experience with IV doses of bupe that are that high. But as I said, 60-90mg would be a good start point, though I wouldn't do more than 60(or 75 max) if you have only 1ml syringes, because of solubility and what-not.

Also, sorry for being abrasive earlier. My insomnia has been terrible lately, and doing that much bupe per day is not only extremely unheLthly(for your circulatory system, that is) but pointless as I mentioned. And a tolerance break is always good, I read your post maybe a bit too fast. Once your off the oxy, go another 36h, and start with just 1ng of buprenorphine. Actually, start at 0.5-0.75; you'll feel better, I promise!

At 80 hours since taking bupe, that's definitely enough time for you to feel an opiate, so you're fine on that front. As far as oxy dosing goes, you know your tolerance better than we do ya know? Having been on that high of a bupe dose for so long (4-6mg IV is a very large amount), it kept your tolerance high. Still, it's better to be safe than sorry so start low and work your way up. Bupe is also around 20x stronger than oxy, so keep that in mind what trying to come up with a conversion. So 4mg's of bupe for example, would be roughly equal to around 80mg's of oxycodone. But remember that that is a rough conversion and there are a lot of numbers out there because the margin for error can be really large when converting bupe to something else, as it is a partial agonist, so it isn't as straight forward and converting two full agonists.

Exactly! It being a partial agonist makes it basically impossible to do exact conversions( as if such a thing exists!) because it is just so unique. the so called "conversion" seems varies on intent as well,, I mean rather analgesia, Maintanence, or recreation(impossible for anyone addicted, obviously :(

^^

Yeah there are a lot of variables and I've seen numbers from conversions that are all over the place. Far from a science.

Sorry, I know the title sounds a bit confusing. Anyways, my good friend takes about 4-6mg average. of Buprenorphine HCL (Generic Subutex) via I.V. or I.M. (intramuscularly) everyday and has been for about 8 months. He has just gotten a stash of roxi 30's, kind of by chance lol, and has taken a 72 hour break off his maintenance by using Klonopins (Clonazepam) & plenty of good marijuana & concentrates (melts, kief etc.). Its almost been 80 hours and i'm itching to slam (i.v.) a blue 224 Sun Pharma Oxy 30mg. Or 2 or 3. He has 10 of them on hand, plus tagamet (cimetidine), and some small pieces ~ 0.5mg to 1mg subs that could be used for potentiation.

My question is this, since I haven't taken oxy in over a year, will I be able to maybe get high at this point in time, or is it too early because of my Buprenorphine maintenance regimen I've told you about. Any help will be really appreciated. :)

Whatever the verdict, how much longer should I wait to feel something, and what dose should I take? ((When I used oxycodone back in the day., I was using doses of around 30 to 80mg orally per day.))

Everything pretty much covered by previous posters but why the hell would you use small pieces of subs to potentiate the oxy high if you said yourself you've waited 72 hrs. to get all the bupe out of your system? Terrible idea just take the oxy by itself or with cimetidine but more than likely it will be weaker than you expect because of tolerance reasons I'm guessing.