• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids can you help me stave off withdrawals for a little longer?

theatarisfan

Bluelighter
ok so i still have those 8 teva brand morphine sulphate SR tablets and im going to go into wd pretty soon and have no gear/money left and dealer ent up yet.
Any ideas how i can turn these little tablets (when you crush them and mix them with water to inject or even plug they turn into the dreaded gel iv heard so much so i thought to myself well what if i smash them up and then swallow the resulting powder? Surely that would then at l;east make the,m a little less SR?!
Please let me know

Don't IV them but you could get more out of the morphine by plugging since the oral BA of morphine isn't very high

I had to laugh reading the OP above, not about the situation, but sitting there waiting for a source to get up in morning!(they usually get up around noon), LOL, I cannot count the number of times Ive been in w/ds and mornings are absolutely the worst for me, if i did get any sleep the night before, and wake up with nothing, the w/ds seem to get really bad, and sometimes this happens around 5-6am in the morning, no way I could get my source out of bed this early! LOL

I remember sitting there, anxious as a motherfucker, feeling crappy, and the clock is just dragging by...God, I hate going thru w/ds!!!

I try to save enough to get me thru the period when I wake up though, at least a couple points, just to get the day going, waking up with absolutely nothing is one of the worst things I have ever experienced, I fucking hate mornings anyway, but when you cant sleep and feel like shit, its that much worse.

make a schedule and try to stick with it. most likely - if you are like most of the addicts i've ever known - you'll start feeling a little queasy, panic, and say fuck it to yourself and take em all.

i would concentrate on non-opioid support meds... you probably can't avoid withdrawal. but there are ways to make it a little more comfortable. that, and - this really surprises peoplle, but it is true - context/mindset or how you behave as you detox can be the difference between the kind of torture that makes you start hunting around for an easy way to off yourself and a period of discomfort that sucks, but about as traumatic as having the flu or a bad cold for a week or two.

first, support drugs. benzos - i'd go with klonopin. it's not very fun as benzos go, but for whatever reason, it's the best for withdrawal. even better is if you can get some clonodine to take with the klonopin. any junkie will tell you: those two pills have a synergism that works so well for withdrawal symptoms -opioids only, of course -that it can really make a disaster into a controllable period of discomfort. don't get crazy greedy, and i'm hoping you know yourself well enough to be able to figure out dosages yourself without putting yourself in danger... next: immodium and benadryl. both over the counter, these two handle the gastro-intestinal distress angle. if you manage to hold onto to a little bit of some kind of actual opioid, the benadryl will potentiate it slightly... if you have access to more serious psych meds and know what you're doing with them, using an anti-psychotic like serequel or zyprexa has always helped me sleep through the worst parts. but that's more for people who are already experienced with those meds. last, neurontin has proven - to me, at least - to be the most important of all the support drugs and that's b ecause it takes care of the one withdrawal symptom that doesn't seem to respond to anything and - agian, at least to me - is the most horrible, agonizing aspect of w/d... leg spasms. almost like a myoclonic jerk, these are where that whole kicking the bird thing originated. neurontin has been tried as a potential treatment for pretty much every psych issue in existence, and it's pretty much worthless for all of them, for most people. but, if you can get it, and as it's not the slightest bit abusable, you might actually be able to talk a doc into prescribing it, it is a life saver.

now back to the attitude is everything crap. it's not crap. if you refuse to get out of bed, except to run to bathroom for liquishit or pukage, shivering and sweating and stinking and twitching and just suffering... well, it's going to go exactly like that. force yourself to get up. take a shower. get outside. make yourself stay hydrated and get some food down. try to find activities that you can enjoy in a passive sort of way. it'll feel impossible to get over the initial inertia/apathy, but once you're over the hump, faking your way through your day will - not only distract you and make things go faster - it will actually make things less unbearable. swear to god. i know that sounds like some kind of casac-without-an-addiction or social-worker-without-the-grades-to-get-a-doctorate kinda bs, but as crazy as it sounds, it is really true.

use the drugs and pretend you're just getting over the flu and are a little under the weather but functional, and you'll get through it. it will be really...really bad. but not impossible. your own actions dictate your experience.

good luck

Im with the above poster 110% on the mental aspect and the use of comfort med's. Very VERY good advice now from personal experience, If i just wanna try and sleep it away i'd take a strong Alprozolam dose but, Klonopin really is the best while staying awake and comfortable ESPECIALLY with Clonodine why do you think most rehabs use A long lasting Benzo like Valium with clonodine, Immodiumm, IBU Proffin, Bental During detox? Because they DO WORK. Positive mindset can make that hell EASILY bearible in cases. I've left atleast 4 rehabs over not having it, then while given the same meds, but with a positive outlook and Bang made it though almost EASY on my last detox and haven't back to the abuse of opiate/opioids since... Listen to the Poster above me...

Be Safe And BEST OF LUCK, STAY POSITIVE!
- B

cheers for the advice for when i do actually go into wd but iv managed to tick from my dealer when i wrote this post and so again today, im waiting for him to tick me 6 bags til i get my script on Thursday. I have detoxed a few times in pretty much every method and iv decided to use methadone for a VERY short period of time like it is actually meant to be used. like i said im just going ti use it to help me out slightly over the course of like 2 weeks. I will still withdrawal but it wont be NEAR as bad and it don't let enough time for my body to switch to being addicted to methadone instead. just helps ease the wd's.
As for benzos and clonazepam, my primary addiction is benzo's mate :( im not going to lie though i have been using clonazepam but this is while i do gear. Thats my combo of choice. If i do a dig of gear without having a Benz in me i feel a little empty. If i take a benzo without opiates around there WILL soon be opiates around lol. Also im an injector and like like i said i usually do lots of benzos before and while im having binges of injecting heroin and speed balls (when you inject heroin and crack or coke)

Anyways to be frank i was kinda making this post more with intenmtions of how to get a better or more powerful but shorter duration of action from these 8x30mg ERs. Like i said i know they gel up so what if i just ground them up into a fine powder and then either wrap some of the powder in rizla or put them in gelcaps? surely it would at leats make it somewhere in the middle of a ER and IR tablet no?
Anyways, im lucky they got me onto a script so quick to be honest, mind you im going through a lot of shit atm. My gf died of an od next to me about a year ago and iv been on bail ever since and they cant do me for man slaughter so they are doing me on 2 indictments each with like 8 charges., and i suffer with clinical depression anxiety and insomnia anyway so iv had a lot of suicidal thoughts recently sothats probably ewhy isnt it tbf.
Sorry to all y'all waiting for a script around the high wycombe area of UK that are waiting for scripts coz i got put ahead of you :( sorry!
but yes someone wants to give me 25x30mg IR DHC for the 7 MST ER's and DHC used to be my fav opiate but iv not tried it since iv had a habbit if im honest so i dunno!
what wiould you do guys?