• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone leaving me higher than H??

Bomb319

Bluelighter
I've been on methadone maintenance over 2 months now and am up to 125 mg. I'm using a lot less, but the weird thing is, when I do, I get ultra pure stuff and definitely feel it with just a little over a point. Of course it doesn't usually last as long as it otherwise would because of the blocking effect of the methadone. The thing is, I find that in a lot of ways, I enjoy the methadone more. I certainly feel it an hour after dosing - warm and comfortable come-up and relaxation, better mood, and that hard to describe general good feeling you get when you use opiates. It doesn't last all day like it did when I started, but it certainly affects me pleasantly for at least a few hours after I take it. I would rather have it than the heroin.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? I thought methadone doesn't usually cause a high, and if it does, it will dissipate rapidly when taking it daily for maintenance.

I thought methadone doesn't usually cause a high, and if it does, it will dissipate rapidly when taking it daily for maintenance.

That's only partially true. You build tolerance to it with regular usage but... it's still a damn strong opioid. If you take 120mg a day then yeah, expect typical opioid effects.

I was up to 130mg and wasn't wasted high like when I would take 130mg to get high when I was tolerant, I'll admit I always was in ended sleeping always tired...I guess it really messes with energy..would sweat by making my bed and get tired. I'm on 95, and feel great...stay under 100...no reason to even be on high. Doses

Yeah you're clearly on too high a dose. And on top of it.. you're still doing dope.. so what are you even doing on methadone at all? 125mg's is going to block so much of an opiate that it's a pretty big waste to use, but if you're still trying to get high on that high of a dose of methadone, it just shows you're clearly not ready to be clean.

I dont understand how you are even feeling the H...? I have been on Methadone for many years, I take about 30mg 3-4 times a day and you are right, it does give you that euphoria and still able to drive and work, etc.

IMO, it takes a very long time to build up tolerance on methadone.

In my case, when I run out of my script, I use H, but because of the long half life of methadone, it is pointless to use H until about 4 days clean of the methadone,as it just blocks the majority of the H, unless you like wasting ALOT of H to get a mild high, plus this is when alot of people OD and die, cuz they arent feeling the H and just keep on taking more and more, waiting for the feeling.

IMO, methadone is a wonderful drug, in the right amounts, its comparable to H, but the w/d are MUCH worse than H too,they last a very long time, most people cant get thru it

I was thinking the same thing, people I know in pain management can only get 10 mg tablets anymore.

Yeah, that's all that seems to be used most of the time for pain management. I still believe they could be scripted methadone syrup through the pharmacy, like 10mg/ml but it's probably uncommon.

fizzy you're in the US and scripted for pain?
Yes, in the US (midwest), I get 10mg tabs, 150 of them. I get them thru a pain mgt doctor that has a good reputation, while he does give out alot of drugs, he is very strict and I have known plenty of people discharged for minor offenses.

They started me on Tramadol, then to Roxi 5mg, Roxi 10mg, then when they put me on methadone, I had the choice of Opana and methadone, I choose the methadone cuz the Opanas were too $$ to fill each month.

They also drug test me randomly(been lucky so far!) and they also told me they do random pill counts, but Ive yet to have them ask for that yet in the 11 years Ive been a patient.

I used to know this guy who was a patient at methadone clinic, all they give out is the syrup, he would sell his dose every other day to make money, I like the syrup btw.

Last edited:
What do you mean luckily so far?
The pain mgt office has not requested a drug screen when I would have had H in my system. I only use the H during the period I am out of the methadone, which is usually about 2 weeks.

Since they test randomly, I never know when they will request one, and if that happens to be during the times Im out of meth and using H, I would be discharged immediately....like I said, Ive been lucky (so far). LOL

^^

Damn. Risky shit.. gambling like that with the possibility of having your meds revoked entirely. Then you'd be pretty fucked. You can't stretch the methadone to last you an extra two weeks so you don't have to use dope at all and risk it?

^^

Damn. Risky shit.. gambling like that with the possibility of having your meds revoked entirely. Then you'd be pretty fucked. You can't stretch the methadone to last you an extra two weeks so you don't have to use dope at all and risk it?

I say to myself every month, Im going to try and space out my meds so they last, but as soon as get a full pill bottle, Im like a kid in a candy store! I have lost more than a few girlfriends/ friends in the past due to my lack of self control. They always told me to just remember the hell I went thru as a way to encourage spacing out the methadone use, but I simply cannot control it, if i have it, Im going to abuse it.

Im kinda at the point now though, Im liking the H more than the methadone, but no way I could afford to buy a gram or 2 every day.

I guess Ive got a double addiction, H and methadone, I think this may be why my wds are SOOOO bad, im going thru both wds at the same time...?

Last edited:
^^

I know what you mean about the lack of control.. hah. I've had the same problems and it has definitely ruined a lot of relationships.

And, withdrawal doesn't work that way. You don't get dependent on specific opiates, you get dependent to opiates in general, and your withdrawal severity is based on your tolerance. There is no such thing as being addicted to just heroin or just methadone. You're dependent on opiates. Your brain doesn't differentiate. So your going through opiate withdrawal and that's it, not like methadone withdrawal and heroin withdrawal. There is just opiate withdrawal at whatever tolerance you're at.