• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Amount of Tylenol absorbed when Vicodin is snorted?

zombiesarepeaceful

Bluelighter
Before you say it...yes, I know snorting Vicodin is seen as "a waste of a pill". Please don't lecture me on wasting drugs. I already know that it's not the best use of it but I prefer how it hits me when I snort it.

So, since Tylenol isn't very water soluble, do you think less of the tylenol would be absorbed when vicodin is snorted, VS. the full amount of tylenol in the pill being absorbed if the pill is swallowed?

Something that I've been thinking and thinking about, but can't come to any sort of logical conclusion. Insight appreciated.

I'm just brainstorming here but when you snort it whatever doesn't get absorbed in your nose just goes right down your throat anyway right? How would that be any less absorption than swallowing it to begin with?

Dont snort Vicodin and Tylenol please. You are coating your nose with Tylenol and using a shitty ROA. Just eat it.

Ahh just eat it or take some potentiators or do a cold water extraction pleasse tylenol will really fuck up your nose and do a cwe if there is alot of tylenol cause that will destroy your liver

The Tylenol all ends up in the same place. I mean, you'll be getting less of it by snorting, because it just gets clogged up in your nose and you'd just end up blowing it out into a tissue or swallowing it.

That's why snorting pills with all that apap is just pointless. You're clogging up your nose with hundreds of mg's of insoluble apap, all for a few measly mg's of active ingredient, which you wont even get all of absorbed anyway.

So, just take it orally and you'll get a much higer BA, therefore get higher. It's the most efficient way to take pills like that with all that acetaminophen.

Edit: Damn scagnattie beat me to it.

I'm not gonna tell you not to, but think of the total pill weight compared to the 5mgs you want absorbed in your nose. I'd say those pills with the APAP have to weigh at least 600-800mg total. So if your snorting 2, the stuff you want is only 10/1200mgs total. Something to think about.

Damn..that is alot of poweder to snort I must say. You must hate your nose? Hopefully your getting the 10/325 and not the 10/650 horse pills...

Well if he gets all of the tylenol when snorted from drip, then wouldn't he also get any extra oxy that dripped, meaning he would be getting all of the oxy as well?

So hows snorting a waste, especially if he likes how it hits him, as he stated.

^^

He's not getting it all. When you snort insoluble material like apap, it just gets stuck in your nose and crusts up, some drips into your stomach, but not all of it. And with all that powder being 99% apap, and only a few mg's of active ingredient mixed in with it, he's only actually getting a fraction of it absorbed in his system.

Snorting anything with APAP is plain stupid. I used to constantly rag on people I knew who INSISTED on doing this. I introduced cold water to a few who weren't stubborn morons and they still thank me to this day. Do yourself a favor, find out how to cold water. You'll thank me too. (And if you truly have a fix for snorting, you can evaporate your CWE solution and snort the crystals.)

^ Seriously, if you must snort Vicodin/Norco, then do a proper CWE so you can actually use your nasal membranes to absorb a larger amount of hydrocodone.

If not, and you absolutely DON'T want to eat them, try taking a crushed-up hydro sublingually (slightly slower onset than snorting), or you can even plug it, as doses of ~325-650mg APAP is pretty safe intrarectally. Hydrocodone is extremely dangerous when IV'ed, as is codeine, due to the histamine reaction, and a CWE cannot remove 100% of the APAP anyways, but a good CWE can come close. Even injecting PURE hydrocodone powder is very dangerous, so sublingual, plug, or eat the pills.

Man, that's a real bad thing to be doing, APAP/paracetamol can cause tissue necrosis when snorted!