• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin - Mixing up a shot

ex30mg

Greenlighter
I just have a question about mixing up a shot...

I live on the east coast (NYC) and so the only kind of dope I ever get is H#4 (some china white type or cream colored to tan colored powder). When i drop some water on top of my dope in a spoon it generally dissolves pretty quickly, but I am wondering how long it is necessary to mix up the solution before drawing it up into your needle. How fast does dope dissolve in water (does it dissolve instantly, or does it take a little while). Is it necessary to mix up for, say, a minute or two, or is it fine to just drop some water on and mix it for like ten seconds and then draw it up?

Will you notice a difference if you were to mix up for like 2 minutes as opposed to like 20 seconds, or does all of the dope dissolve in the water almost instantly?

Also, do you have to worry about the amount of water you use, or is about .5cc or 1cc plenty of water to dissolve all of the H that would be contained in one or two stamp bags? Sometimes I get worried that I didnt use enough water and thus some of the dope in my bag wont get dissolved because the water is fully saturated with dope and no more can dissolve.

Thanks guys.

you can dissolve a lot of dope in 1cc. I usually use about .5 cc for two bags even that may be more than you technically need. It usually dissolves completely in 20 seconds or so even when there are small chunks still in it. Sometimes when the stuff I get is really chunky I will add a very small amount of heat and it will clear up almost instantly. You shouldn't need to heat it if you get fine powder.

Heroin dissolves incredibly quick, especially east coast powder. 10-15 seconds that's it, less if you're not doing a big shot with a lot of powder. Done.

As to how much water to use, you want to use the bare minimum. Just enough to break it down. For example, If I'm doing a 5 bag shot, I'll probably use about 50 units of water. For a normal size bag, you can pretty much count on 10 units per bag, sometimes less.

Just curious, what's the reasoning behind wanting to use as little water as possible? I like using a good amount of water so I make sure its easy for all the dope to dissolve...

Heroin salts should be very soluble in water and most street heroin is cut with stuff that is less soluble. Using larger amounts of water means you dissolve and inject more crap.

Just because there's visible stuff that hasn't dissolved, doesn't mean you're wasting heroin.

Yea heroin dissolves real quick in water anything that doesn't is most likely the cut nixed in. I don't even heat my shots up.

^^

This. The heroin itself, what you actually want in your shot, dissolves very fast.

There is no harm in using a little extra water. It's just the more solution you have, the more you have to inject, and therefore the greater chance you have of missing, etc. Many people think that less water=stronger shot, but that's not really true, unless you use a super excess of water. But if you like to use 80 units instead of 50, it doesn't matter. Your shot will be the same, it's just personal preference.

I live in NY also and it dissolves in water extremely well and crystal clear^ All you really need to do like everyone said is is use 10units of water per bag, stir with the plunger around bout 3-4 times and ur ready to throw the cotton in and. Draw. When people say 1ml syringes to all the average street junkies such as me that is a 1cc needle (where it goes up to 100 units of water , half CC NEEDLES the 1/2ml ones are skinnier and only go up to 50 units of water, recommend for heroin only and light use, trust me over time that needle won't fit all the dope. Never get a gauge lower than 27- it's standard and most Common, I prefer 28-29 as needle tip is thinner

Yeah I generally try to use 30 gauge or sometimes even use 31 gauge. The 31's are like butter when they go in your skin, I literally dont even feel it and probably wouldnt be able to tell when it went into my arm if someone else was doing it and my eyes were closed.

Theres so much controversy on here about whether to heat shots or not. With the NYC east coast powder I get, heating seems absolutely unneccessary, and seems like all you would do by heating would be risk boiling away some of the dope.

Also, for all of you guys in the greater NYC area or Brooklyn, if you get a stamp called "BOOM - TNT" with a picture of a bomb on it, literally do not waste your money. I got a bun of it yesterday, it mixes up into a white milky solution and im literally not sure whether it has any d in it or not. Horrible waste of money and very frustrating.