• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids does codeine phosphate have paracetamol in it

asdfq

Ex-Bluelighter
I found a pack of tabs that says codeine phosphate and I'm going to take 120mg but I looked it up and people say that it can cause liver damage because of paracetamol mixed with it. does it contain paracetamol?

What EXACTLY does it say on the pack? I'm prescribed codeine phosphate tablets 30mg. They are little tiny buggers. The ones with paracetamol look like a paracetamol tablet if you get me?

Common codeine/paracetamol preparations include:
co-codamol 8/500 (codeine/paracetamol)
co-codamol 15/500 (codeine/paracetamol)
co-codamol 30/500 ("" / "")
co-codamol 60/500 ("" / "")

If it just says codeine phosphate and nothing else you should be fine.

^Yes there's a very high likelihood that it does...check the OD directory for plenty of info on codeine...

codeine phosphate will not have any paracetamol, just lactose or something. Its just codeine so you wont mess up your liver. However, please read the packet! We cant tell you for sure without seeing it.

ditto ^^. if you pills are like little tiny things then you can be almost a sure bet that its just codeine. there's just no way would could fit half a gram of APAP into one of those pills.

the codeine/apap pills will look like circular paracetamol tablets.

I think my pills are marked CP 30. Sometimes they are marked APSW (or something like that) sometimes they are not marked at all.

If their big elephant pills you know they got acetaminophen mixed in but if they are tiny then they won't also look at the dam package