• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Used IV last night and I think I may have a hit a nerve in my hand I need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jujuklasek

Greenlighter
I know I should have thought about this before shooting but hindsight 20/20 and I don't know much about how I might have messed up except I'm pretty sure I didn't miss. I decided to use the vein on the top of my hand like an inch above the top of my wrist and going in I felt no pain just a slight tingle which then went away immediately the blood rushed I pushed it all in and it didn't sting and its not swollen like I missed or red. But like a minute after the whole bottom right part of the top of my hand and the top of my wrist is in immense pain I can't bend my wrist back but I can still type and I can't bend it all the way forward or make a fist. the entry sight is slightly swollen but no change of color or bruising or swelling you cant even tell I shot up at all barely except for the immese pain and slight swelling. I was wondering if anyone would know what exactly I messed up I know I didnt miss but from what ive been able to dig up its possible I hit a nerve but they said you would've felt a shock before and I didn't... it feels about 20x worse than it looks and I just want to know what happened and if it might be permanent so I can avoid such a dumb mistake in the future.

I would advice you to keep an eye on it, see if you there is any oozing from the site or if you can see blood pools under the skin. If either happens then get yourself to the ER, ditto if you start feeling unwell and get a fever. Also If it gets worse by tomorrow then maybe go down the ER. Its really hard to give medical advice over the internet and its best left to professionals who can see your hand.

I'm going to close this since you already posted in the IV megathread with the same question, and that is where this belongs anyway.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.