• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Will Carisoprodol (Soma) reduce the high of Amphetamine?

marky772

Greenlighter
I'm addicted to amphetamine (pharma - amphetamine salts, not street speed). I started recently but from day #1 I was addicted and haven't gone a day without since (apart from a couple times I slept for 24-72 hours straight). I use on average a gram a day (no, it's not cut and no, I'm not exaggerating...I DO have severe chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia which may mean I need more than the average person).
Today is day 29...I don't know why I think anyone would care lol.

Anyway, I have a number of medical conditions all of which cause severe chronic pain: chronic pancreatitis (the first time nearly killed me and ended a 4-year alcohol addiction); two slipped disks in my back (caused by an alcohol-WD seizure); Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Uhh..I'll leave out the psychological conditions as I fear I've bored people enough already.

Months ago, I noticed my back pain getting worse and found out the disks in my lower back were grinding against each other, literally turning my spine into powder. I was upset at first but didn't ask for any more meds. Lately it has been getting rapidly worse. Last week, my doctor increased my pain meds, arranged for me to have scans and an x-ray and prescribed me Carisoprodol for the painful muscle seizures and spasms I get around the affected area.

I don't wanna take the Carisoprodol because a) I have a friend who is addicted to it and takes like 15 a day with equally huge amounts of Baclofen, Methocarbamol and diazepam) and b) I worry it'll make me need more amphetamine to achieve the same affect. But I have to because my back hurts so frickin' much.

Basically my question is: Will Carisoprodol (Soma) effect Amphetamine??

Last edited:
I don't think that would be a safe combination. I think soma lowers the seizeure threshold, and taking large amounts of amphetimines can cause seizures also. Plus the soma shakes(aka the soma shuffle). Wouldn't reccomend it...

No way I can afford another seizure, the last one lasted 6 minutes and my entire left side was paralysed for 3 days...and I live alone, there'd be nobody to help. (All previous series directly caused by alcohol withdrawal).

Are there any safe muscle relaxants I could take instead?

Yes, it will probably reduce the effects of amphetamine. Somewhat at least.

From the way your describing your pharmaceutical amphetamine salt(s) it sounds like it's adderall or Dexedrine , which by the way is speed just like street amphetamine , only difference is street speed is in a much purified form while pharmaceutical speed is still indeed pure , it has a lot of inactive ingredients in it to expand the size of it, making a 30mg tablet of amphetamine salt (ex: Adderall) Into a pill that weighs one hell of a lot more and crushed up as big as a half gram VS having 30mg of meth the size of a match head, so abuse potential is lower.

A gram of your prescription amphetamine salts sounds like over kill. The average adderall addict. Would most likely die if they swallowed thirty pills of Adderall 30mg (about 900mg, Shy of a gram) unless you meant street speed? ANYWAYS sorry for totally nit picking and going off topic , but soma alone is really dangerous when taken and abused , I has seizures a few Times on it when I went through my phase oh taking them, speed and soma sounds like a recipe for disaster- ESPECIALLY if it's a gram your doing and abusing soma and dangerous amounts , I think more than. 3 soma (350mgx3=1,050mg) is asking for trouble alone ...be safe. Sorry the lecture. I took my fair share of Adderall today so I turn into a bluelight addict.

No way I can afford another seizure, the last one lasted 6 minutes and my entire left side was paralysed for 3 days...and I live alone, there'd be nobody to help. (All previous series directly caused by alcohol withdrawal).

Are there any safe muscle relaxants I could take instead?
sure there is, Valium is a nice muscle relaxant, even though valium is prescribed for a lot more than muscle spasms, it is quite effective, and it also decreases any chances of having a seizure(if still actively using alcohol, Valium will prevent alcohol WD benefiting you from avoiding a seizure by alcohol WD ) . But a muscle relaxant that is quite safe and not addictive is a newer one called "Baclofen"

Are there any safe muscle relaxants I could take instead?[/QUOTE]
Anti-psychotics completely block amphetamines though.
Since when is Soma an anti-psychotic? If I misread what Drug mentioned is an anti psychotic ?

From the way your describing your pharmaceutical amphetamine salt(s) it sounds like it's adderall or Dexedrine , which by the way is speed just like street amphetamine , only difference is street speed is in a much purified form while pharmaceutical speed is still indeed pure , it has a lot of inactive ingredients in it to expand the size of it, making a 30mg tablet of amphetamine salt (ex: Adderall) Into a pill that weighs one hell of a lot more and crushed up as big as a half gram VS having 30mg of meth the size of a match head, so abuse potential is lower.

A gram of your prescription amphetamine salts sounds like over kill. The average adderall addict. Would most likely die if they swallowed thirty pills of Adderall 30mg (about 900mg, Shy of a gram) unless you meant street speed? ANYWAYS sorry for totally nit picking and going off topic , but soma alone is really dangerous when taken and abused , I has seizures a few Times on it when I went through my phase oh taking them, speed and soma sounds like a recipe for disaster- ESPECIALLY if it's a gram your doing and abusing soma and dangerous amounts , I think more than. 3 soma (350mgx3=1,050mg) is asking for trouble alone ...be safe. Sorry the lecture. I took my fair share of Adderall today so I turn into a bluelight addict.

Sorry for being confusing. No, it is not prescription med like Adderall. It's more like speed. What I MEANT was that I get it from another source entirely, not like a dealer (sort of like buying meth from Walter White, I guess) and I know for a fact that it is pure unadulterated amphetamine - it doesn't have "fillers" like prescription meds, and it isn't "cut" or poorer quality like street speed.
Does that make more sense?

BTW, I've abused Soma in the past, too, and yeah 3 pills (1050mg) was enough to have me really drowsy and off-balanced. I kept dropping things and eventually fell asleep (I think I fell down the stairs at one point?). Although, tbf I weigh 106lb and was also on Xanax, Diazepam and Oxycodone at the time.

Wow, I'd never heard of Soma causing seizures...you assume sedative/downer-type drugs would never do that.

Soma is a gabaergic, are you sure it lowers the seizure threshold? I'd look that up, personally.

Avoid taking flexeril, that really would lower your seizure threshold!

Jesus. Thanks for telling me! Does that include Lithium?

Yep, Lithium doesn't play nicely with peak hour tweaker dreamers. Sucks out all the joy, digs a deep dark hole, then squats, bends, squeezes and expunges a exquisite large brown pungent present for you to enjoy for the next 24 hours or so.

Comedowns were never this bad, were they?

Add also,
all Anti-Psychotics, 1st and 2nd generation.

Dopamine no play today.