• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe bupe and lopermide precipitated withdrawals??

The Doc.

Bluelighter
I was wondering if somebody took some imodium then took a sub later in the day would this cause the user to go into precipitated withdrawal?? I'm just wondering really out of curiosity

I was wondering if somebody took some imodium then took a sub later in the day would this cause the user to go into precipitated withdrawal?? I'm just wondering really out of curiosity

^^^^^^^ I wondered the same thing!!!!! Did u check the megathreads?? I've read thru it (well some of it)and I didn't see it???? Good question

Yes I've read through the mega thread and I didn't see anything about this topic specifically.

I think that at most the withdrawal would be peripheral. Loperamide is a potent opioid agonist, but it doesn't readily cross the blood-brain barrier, at least not enough to produce a clear central opioid effect. Thus I'm reckoning that the dose of buprenorphine taken after loperamide would still be high enough to outweigh central effect caused by loperamide. Still, having diarrhoea and runny nose wouldn't be nice.

Why would you take buprenorphine a few hours after taking loperamide anyway? Can't you take only one of these?

Well I could see someone doing that what if they took an imodium in the morning cause they were really sick but it didn't take away all cravings so later in the day the person comes across a suboxone or subutex so they take it I wonder if this would send them into withdrawals I'm sure someone must have done it I've never taken imodium cause I already am plugged up enough everyday taking that would probably kill me.

i've always wondered this too i would think that taking lope and then bupe a few hours later would cause pwds but i'm not sure... anyone tried this?

No it wouldn't. Only chance that could happen is if you were on a very very high dose of loperamide.. like 100mg's +. But, if you just take a few mg's for stomach problems, then take a sub, you will not go into PW's.

No it wouldn't. Only chance that could happen is if you were on a very very high dose of loperamide.. like 100mg's +. But, if you just take a few mg's for stomach problems, then take a sub, you will not go into PW's.

It makes sense. Whatever gets thru the bbb would be pushed off ur receptors... and lope has such a long half life. Good thread I'm sure ppl will benefit from it. : )

I've been on 50-80 mg lop for about a week snorted 8 mg of bupe 6 hours after last lop dose with no pwd's...

I get "higher", more cns effects, from bupe than loperamide so it doesn't cause PW for me.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to give my own personal experience with lopermide. In my experience, most people are completely unaware of lop and they truly believe you can't get high off it or that it won't help with withdraws. I have a lot of experience with lopermide, and I can tell you 100% that it works, it works extremely well for withdraws and it gets you high. However, as most people have said, lopermide does not cross the blood brain barrier very well. It's extremely small %, around 5-10% or so. So I can completely understand why if not everyone would completely write off lopermide as a useful medication for withdraws or getting high.

Some of you may ask, how in the world are you getting any benefit from lopermide if it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier? Well, from my own personal experience the only way to make lopermide worthwhile is to actually make sure lopermide crosses the blood brain barrier. What? How is that possible? It's actually extremely easy, which is why most people write it off really quickly without realizing how easy it is to make lopermide cross the blood brain barrier. The way I make lopermide work is by drinking 4-5 fluid ounces of GRAPE FRUIT JUICE. This is extremely important, if you aren't aware, grape fruit juice actually allows lopermide to hitch a ride with the molecules of Grape Fruit and therefore, it actually allows lopermide to cross the blood brain barrier with ease.

Some people have suggested that you need to take over 100mg to feel anything from lopermide. That is completely wrong and not true at all, if you drink 4-5 fluid ounces of grape fruit juice and then take 15-20 2mg pills of lopermide, for a total dose of 30-40mg, you will start to feel the high of lopermide. From my own experience, it takes about 30-45 minutes to kick in and the best part of all, is that the high feeling actually lasts for over 12 hours. I'm serious, it's extremely long lasting and the withdraws will go away for at least 12-24 hours. Although, if you are on a extremely high dose of pain killers then lopermide may not be as effective and you may have to take a dose every 12 hours until about the third day. Once you are on day 3, the lopermide should keep the withdraws at bay for 24 hours to 36 hours. Once a week goes by, you can easily notice a huge difference in the withdraws and you have basically tapered yourself off pain killers. It's an amazing cheap and most of all LEGAL medication.

Now some of you may be concerned about bathroom issues, well for starters, there's really no difference between lopermide and pain killers, they both cause bathroom issues but if you drink miralax and use an enema, you will easily go to the bathroom. It only becomes a problem if you let your bathroom issues get worse by not going to the bathroom for weeks.

Anyway, if you have any questions please post on this post and I will response. I'm happy to help out if anyone has concerns.

Hello. I'm new to this site. I was reading threw this thread & I was curious...will taking the lope drag out the w/ds? I read that somewhere and you seem like you kno what your talking about. Please let me kno when you get a chance. ��

can people actually get "high" off loperamide?

if so explain how please..
i have 200 of those fuckers in an unopened bottle in my room lol

-HOOD

I can imagine that it's possible to stop the withdrawals at a very high dose of loperamide, but the negatives will most likely outweigh the positives at best and may even be dangerous. It's not that loperamide doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier at all, but it does it so that the levels of loperamide are much higher peripherally than centrally. For instance buprenorphine is highly lipophilic but it also has polar bits, so it readily crosses the BBB. Drugs like etorphine are thousands of times more potent by weight than morphine, but their affinity is not thousands of times higher. I can't find any article right now but etorphine's affinity at mu receptors is like only 30 times higher than morphine's at best. Orvinols' lipophilicity has a much greater role in their astonishing potency vs. plain opioids like morphine than their affinities do, they're a good example of how lipophilicity may boost potency.

Not going to get into the great Lope debate, but I will say that I have personally felt PWs from taking bupe a few hours after ingesting ~120mg of lope. It was not as intense as say I just used heroin or oxy, but there was very real discomfort and extreme anxiety for a bit over an hour after dosing the bupe (~2mg snorted).

If you want to know, just read what I posted above you. I'm not going to explain it again as I have already written a decent amount of information on it. However, all you need is 40mg of lop ( 20 2mg pills ) and 4-6 ounces of red ruby grapefruit juice will help the lope pass through the blood brain barrier and therefore, you will feel high like any other pain killer. After about an hour or so, you will feel a huge rush come on and it will last for 8-18 hours. Also, lop has a very long half life and when I was using lope the withdraws stayed away for 2-3 days at a time.