• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Advice

Slammer

Greenlighter
My Girlfriend and I have recently joined forces to beat our Hydrocodone addiction -- we are motivated but also suffering greatly from the withdrawal. Any advice would be appreciated -- we are on our 4th day free from the drug...... FYI: I was a serious Cocaine addict for nearly 20 years , smoked base(not crack) shot Coke,and snorted it -- had connections to the purest coke in NYC... I kicked that habit a few years ago and it was relatively easy compared to opiates. Help !

hot baths, finding someone other than one another to lean on when you need it, a lot of ibuorofen, benedryl, clonodine (if you can be honest with a doctor and get it prescribed) and stay busy. the faster you can make time pass the better. sitting around smoking cigarettes, barely eating (usually ice cream) and obsessing over how shitty i felt was torture.

Welcome. You'll get a lot of help over in The Dark Side sub-forum. Grats on kicking the coke though.

Foilnpins:

Those which you listed all play a part in easing withdrawal and motivating against using.. Tho i feel that you left out loperamide (immodium). I know theres been alot of debate of wether or not you can get high off of immodium. However, it has been proven to ease you out of withdrawal if not eliminate withdrawal symptoms completely. I personally attest to this as i was withdrawaling from hydrocodone and kratom.. Ive found that loperamide helps substantially with the GOD-AWFUL restless legs syndrome! Which i get on a regular basis wether im clean, or using, or in withdrawal. And it has been a lifesavor providing me a warming and relaxing sensation in my lower body. So even when im not sick, its very effective. At times you can get blocked up but a simple laxative or bottle of prune juice does the trick.. Anyway, ive heard of many others and myself that have had relief with loperamide. And i personally reccomend it.. Good luck with getting off of the infamous hydrocodone. Its great that you have your girlfriend with you on this and i dont doubt that together you can get through it. Stay positive and keep an open mind on the advise that others may have for you. Keep your head up. I wish you the best, my friend!

Keep around. I'm sure that you will able to get lot of helpful suggestions in this forum.
Just be strong always. Good luck.