• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Jumping Cold Turkey off of opiates - How much did you jump off from?

Space Firebird

Bluelighter
Like the title says.

If you jumped off Cold Turkey, how high did you jump off from?

Were any of you able to keep working (as in your job)?

How long until you felt you were out of the woods, so to speak.

How many of you could get any sleep at night?

For the insomniacs,how many nights until you were able to sleep.

150 mgpd methadone
260 mgpd IR oxy
6 mgpd xanax

Passed out of the first tunnel after about 14 days.
Wandered out of the woods at five a week short of five months. But I felt a little better each and everyday.
Ten days without sleep, then slept 3-4 hours for a little under five months.

I didn't have a job at the time but I did so much stuff, never sat around, fished, hit the US biggest water park, pro football and baseball games, museums, and zoo's (though i think zoo's should be outlawed), camped, canoed, cooked dinner five nights a week, went hiking.. totally overhauled the deck to a three blade riding lawn mower.. mowed the lawn, fixed a fence line.. just kept moving and took it slow.

I didn't have the advantage of knowing about the GABA's so I didn't take them. Just used the Clonidine for like six days..

Last edited:
^ that's really awesome man. It just goes to show that keeping busy while in withdrawals really helps keep your mind off them and is better in the long run than just sitting in bed all day wallowing in pain. I'm guilty of doing that.

Your post has given me some great ideas of stuff to do even while getting adjusted to maintenance medication.

1/gram heroin insufulated /day

Took a week off work.

Not out of the woods yet on the PAWs front, but acutes, 5-6 days.
a
With skelatal muscle relaxants I actually did sleep a little the first few nights, then 3-5 hours, then at 2 weeks + some days I can sleep normally again.

Was doing an average of 30-60+mg oxycodone(insufulated) a day plus maybe a quarter-half gram of heroin(IV)a day

Jobless(not now though)

15 days clean, still have minor withdrawals. They got tolerable after about 4-6 days.

After two weeks i still haven't got a night of sleep. I usually end up falling asleep around 6am and sleep for a few hours.

Was doing an average of 30-60+mg oxycodone(insufulated) a day plus maybe a quarter-half gram of heroin(IV)a day

That's about the highest I've ever CTd from aswell. Despite not being unbearable it was still pretty uncomfortable trying to work and sleeping was the worst.

^ that's really awesome man. It just goes to show that keeping busy while in withdrawals really helps keep your mind off them and is better in the long run than just sitting in bed all day wallowing in pain. I'm guilty of doing that.

Your post has given me some great ideas of stuff to do even while getting adjusted to maintenance medication.

Thank E, yeah i think laying around just makes us sit their and focus on how shitty we feal.. I think moving around actually helps cause if you think about how we would naturally feel if we layed on a couch or in bed for days.. we would feal stiff and sore.. since we already feal enough of that why add to it.. also I still thought about using every minute or so, but that was better than constantly.

Well crap, which time? I still feel like the first time ever was, the worst time ever. Even though my ROA was insufflation and my DOC was Opana 40mgIR. Had a few months clean here and there. Two decembers ago i got offered tar while out west and tried sniffing it ( heh ). Didnt work so now that i knew people would jump out in front of me on my bike and ask me if i wanted this or that, all i did was go to the city park every day. Eventually started IVing up to a gram of tar a day, i was always puking from doing too much or sick because i didnt have enough. Made it all the way back east and low and behold the opportunity presented itself and now I'm back to square one. Been here so many times its starting to feel like no big deal at all... I feel like "oh well i can do this, it aint like i havent been here before" getting way used to the physical pain. the mental anguish is usually there with or without the WD... Usually just turn up Sleep or Electric Wizard or something tuned low and played slow. Sonic therapy.

Anyway, end of ramble would be - after doing up to 4/5 30mg blues then going through Opana 40mg IR on top of a 20bag of raw - insufflated - gave me the worst W/Ds ive ever had. That was probably 5 years ago.