• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detoxing from Methadone

GUTTA_BUTTA

Greenlighter
I have been on Methadone now for 3 years, 100mg daily... Never intended to continue maintenance for this long, but I'm honestly terrified of the WDs.. I've detoxed from Heroin and numerous other pharmaceutical opiates, but the reputation of Methadone withdrawal is notoriously worse (longer) than the others... With my insurance the only kind of detox I can afford is a medical detox in a hospital setting, which only lasts a few days. The inpatient treatments that are options for me do no detox at all, except to let you sweat it out, floppin around like a fish for however long it takes.. that does not seem like the best or most effective option in my opinion, but I'm worried 3-5, even 7 days in a hospital won't be long enough either, and ideally I'd like to be at least through the worst of the WDs before I check into a treatment center that doesnt offer medical treatment.. I'm definitely not naive about what its going to be like, I feel I have realistic expectations given my treatment options are not ideal due to my financial situation/lack of decent insurance.. but I guess I'm just looking for some advice or words of wisdom from someone who has been through Methadone detox... At least for some peace of mind... Any alternative options for getting off the shit are definitely welcome! Id appreciate any help

Do you know any one with chronic pain? If so, they may have gabapentin, there are a few pubmed studies showing that it greatly helps with methadone withdrawal..... I have done it before on the couch, also after about the same timeframe of use as you... I mean it sucks, but its doable.... I didint have comfort meds then and still got through it, all be it on a much smaller does than you. (30mgs). The clinic is going to taper you off if you decide to, then its up to you if you can take a week off work. If you can, get your hands on some clonodine patches (or pills worse comes to worse) and, as I said, some gabapentin (600mgs tablets is what I had)....

Honestly the more you anticipate it the worse it is.... just decide to do it and do it.... adhesive bandage style....WHAM!

Let me know what you decide to do.....

I jumped off 150 mgpd methadone, 260 mgpd roxie, and 6 mgpd xanax and thats just what i was prescribed.. it was a long withdrawal.. but it will be two years in august and I haven't touched an opiate or a benzo. It took about two weeks for me to sleep, and then I slept for about tree to four hours until right around month five (most people's opiate receptors shut down around month six)

I didn't stop moving the whole time.. I slowed down but powered on, went to water parks and pro sports games, to museums and zoo's, fishing and camping.. I just figured why sit around and think about how rough I felt.. so yeah I powered off every day.. it sucked but it wasn't the end of the world.. Now I feal better every damn minute of everyday then i did 95% of the time back then.

You can do this!!!! If you are a male you will want to get your testosterone levels checked and explore going on TRT as this will the PAWS WAY BETTER. When my levels were checked I was at 123 which is almost nothing. three days after starting TRT i felt allot better. I used the biweekly muscle injection as I think the gell is absolute shit.

medications for acute opiate detox

The medications I would explore the use of for detox would be:
>Clonidine< DOSED EVER FOUR HOURS..

one of either
>NEURONTIN< >HERE< >HERE<
OR >Lyrica<
OR >phenibut<

>A BENZO BUT JUST AT NIGHT<
>a nsaid<
>melatonin<
tylenol

(Opi Withdrawal) what is the best comfort meds for opiate w/d?

Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

You can do this.. just a few months and you will be out of the tunnel and free of the fucking hand cuffs. =D

See... this is why I finally joined stuff like this, modivational stuff like this might be cheesy to some people. But, when your ass is down and feeling like crap trying to get through withdraws stuff like this lets me know that if others can quit than I can too and to keep on truckin.

When you get your methadone do you get to take the bottles home with you?
If you do get to take it home then you could gradually reduce your dose in your own time in the safety of your own home.