• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Giving it away

Solipsis

Bluelight Crew
Heya guys, may not be my first post in F&T but definitely my first thread. :)

You know how they often 'give away' the ending / solution to the essential twist to the plot in both TV series and movies, sometimes even right at the start - which is an easter egg if you watch it a second time? Man, it's lame if it is too obvious. Is your experience that this changes when you get older and you get sharper mentally or more adept? Obviously if you intentionally approach it like cracking a puzzle it can undermine your ability to enjoy plot twists just like refusing to suspend disbelief would...

comments? Which are examples of genuis twists, what do you think keeps a story exciting? Do you like a lot of small twists and turns or one amazing twists that turns it all upside down? I would probably prefer the latter since I am not that easily amazed, but then again I am still not as critical as my roommate who did a film & theatrics related uni study and I must admit is more sophisticated on the subject. Then again it's nice that I am able to enjoy more movies than he does!!

that's something to think about. instantly reminded of the season 2 premiere of hannibal, tho being familiar with it already from other adaptations, already know what happens.

breaking bad would also show what was going to happen later on...

you know it all depends on how it is executed, can be gimmicky and fail or give the viewer something to chew on, thus making the content more... like engaging.

thinking about some movie that are shown out of chronological order or from different perspectives, memento, pulp fiction... interesting topic, i never really thought about it.

i can't recallt he name but there was this great film from the middle east that used that sort of structure with the same scenes shown from different perspectives. was really about how the media can show what they want to influence a bias opinion on stuff. you see it from one angle so you think its like "this" in reality if you saw the whole picture it is really like "that"

if i remember name will edit later.