• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Films about oddballs/misfits?

Crampz

Bluelighter
Does anyone have any ideas of good films about people who are 'lost souls' or just out and out don't fit in with society?

I'm thinking films like May and We Need to Talk About Kevin, love both of those so if anybody has any recommendations then I would love to hear them!

Thanks

reading first line you typed about 'lost souls' "the master" came to mind ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1560747/ ) now i remember seeing the trailer for "child of god" which seems pretty darn violent may also be of interest to you, don't know if its showing atm tho...

okay ima just toss "frances ha" in the mix. trailer. one of my fav from last year, can really relate to frances at that point in her life!

yea none of these i think are really like may, or talk about kevin flick but may be of interest and all i can think of off top right now... OH even ichi in ichi the killer is definitely a misfit. i feel like i should have a long laundry list of recommendations but im struggling to come out with just a few =/ perhaps some will come to mind later.

Natural Born Killers by Oliver Stone immediately comes to mind.

Badlands by Terrence Malick and The Honeymoon Killers too.

But really there are plenty of other movies that have misfit(s) for a theme.

Do mean like more violent type people or people who just don't fit in socially?

The following are mainly about people who don't fit in socially in some way. I'm sure there's plenty of more. I just looked through a list of movies I've seen in the last few years and wrote down ones that in some way seem to fit your description.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Little Miss Sunshine

Silver Linings Playbook

As Good As It Gets

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Punch Drunk Love

Rain Man

The Fisher King

Jeff, Who Lives at Home

Leaving Las Vegas

K-Pax

Midnight Cowboy

Edward Scissorhands
Slingblade
Terri
Suburbia
The Boys Next Door
American Psycho
Hesher
Mysterious Skin
Let the Right One In
Gummo

Last edited:
SLC PUNK!

One of my favorites... Features shaggy from scooby doo lol and has a ton of drug use in it.

I highly recommend!

Kids
Elephant
Paranoid Park
Bully
Drugstore Cowboy
The Outsiders
Gummo
Go
Less Than Zero
Julian Donkey-Boy
Basketball Diaries

How about anything by larry clark if you dont mind pedophilic undertones mixed in with your oddball/misfit storyline.