• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

E and Adderall

BrianVan

Bluelighter
Well, on my first roll, I also took an Adderall. The experience was intense, but the comedown was rough. Not unbearable, just probably the worst "hangover" I've ever had. A friend did the same, with almost exactly the same results.
Since then, I've rolled a few more times. My ability to cope with mood swings and unhappiness has degraded, and I started to have panic attacks. I'm not sure this is because of my initial roll (which, BTW, I did not take E for a month afterward and I didn't notice any of these side-effects during that month), the rolls I've taken since, or perhaps just the fragility of my own mind. I've been a bit of a headcase for some time now anyway.
My intelligence or memory has not noticably decreased, and otherwise I see no severe long term symptoms arising from my E usage except occurances of what SEEMS to be manic depression. I've been taking 5-htp supplements to help me bounce back from rolls quickly and and to keep me active and happy all the time (I've always been rather pathetic at waking up in the morning, but not lately). I'm not sure what else I can tell you, except that since I got out of school I've ceased taking the Adderall entirely because it has always made me anxious and given me that "turned inside out" feeling.
I'm not sure if it's a great idea to combine E and Adderall, but I've seen absolutely no literature on this combination whatsoever. For those who are curious, Adderall is a combination of amphetamines (possibly methamphetamines) that is used as a medication for Attention Deficit Disorder and is related closely to Ritalin (but it is much more effective and much smoother in its effects over time)...

doesn't adderall neutralize the effects of E? that's what I read, and never heard of anybody who actually tried doing both at the same time. interesting though. try taking just MDMA, no adderall for a day or two or three, and see how that works. compare the two and write a post about it.
------------------
...what, like the back of a Volkswagon?

Heheh, I can do that for you already...
I've done E with no Adderall for days before and after the roll, and the results were uneventful. The roll was good, and the next day wasn't bad at all. The 5-htp I've been taking probably affected my results positively, though. For the most part, nothing weird in my head going on since that last roll. I've been a little nutty lately (at night, weird, unprovoked depression with an anxiety element) but I haven't had a full blown panic attack or anything like that, and this is a few weeks after that roll. So, no noticable changes with me right away.
I'm curious because if I wanted to attribute any symptoms to E at all, then they always appear more than a week after rolling. This doesn't start to set in right after the roll, and I don't get that bad of a depression after rolling. It's just down the line that all of a sudden I start going bonkers. I wonder if this is permanent, or if it's the kind of thing that fades over a long time. Either way, it's a cause for concern and it makes me quite wary of E.

Adderall is an amphetamine...and X is also in the amphetamine family. It is never a good idea to mix any other amphetamines with X because they also work on serotonin which is responsible for the X high.
Taking them together not only brings the rush on quicker, but also depletes the serotonin more quickly... thus, the harder crash. In addition, you get a speedier high which almost defeats the intensity of feelings that you can get from pure X.

I don't believe any of those replies are accurate.
Adderall is a mixture of dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine) and methylphenidate (Ritalin). There is no dangerous interaction, except that taking speedy stuff with E (also speedy) might not be good for your heart in the long run. Dexedrine effects your dopamine levels (NOT your serotonin, Doc199!).
If Adderall is making you feel "inside out", talk to your doctor, maybe there's a better drug for you.

Hah... the original doc who prescribed me Adderall has also given me Wellbutrin and Xanax... two drugs I certainly DON'T need. But I took them anyway, because you never know what shady deals I can make with them, heh heh... anyway, the Adderall helps a lot, I just don't want it on a daily basis. That said, I think that no other drug would do me much better, and perhaps I don't need any ADD drugs... rather, just a good diet and some therapy...
Adderall is a mixture of amphetamine salts, NOT a direct combination of dexadrine and ritalin. That said, it does give you a bigger rush and a harder crash. I'm more worried that I'd be worsening the potential brain damage if I try them simultaneously again... after all, I had the best time ever when I did it. Perhaps that advice to take Prozac within 6 hours of rolling would give me some help. (Then again, why don't I just break into a pharmacy and eat everything I find? I'll be seeing dead relatives and floating pigs worse than anyone ever has at a Grateful Dead concert...)

I doubt brain damage will be a problem unless you are rolling a few times aweek on 3 or more pills at a time...
like ibuddha said, adderall effects the dopamine levels mostly (actually it effects more then just dopamine, but it has no real effect on serotonin.)
now, in theory adderall at the same time of your roll may enhance it a bit, or at least give you more energy...
adderall, say, half a day before a roll can weaken it because e does cause a dopamine release.
now dopamine levels recharge a hell of alot faster then serotonin, so you could take a bunch off adderall a dat before a roll and it wouldn't have any efeect on it aside from the fact that you will probably be more tired when its all over..
what sucks about adderall during a roll is adderall lasts alot longer. so after your roll is over, that harshness is basically you beeing physically exhausted from the roll, but still wide awake from the adderall...
the harsh comedown can be helped alot by smoking a few bowls with your friends and trying to relax.... weed has always just about eliminated any harsh comedown I have had, almost making a comedown a pleasent, relaxing thing..
but hey, try it both ways.. and go with whatever way you like best. be sure to just always play wiht caution when mixing drugs... carefully mixing certain drugs can be fun... if you "just" roll..... with no adderall... its not like you won't be having a good time without it...

Hey guys.. this is not about opinions or personal theories...it is about basic psychopharmacological facts that can be easily verified at several credible online sources or textbooks (for those who still like the smell and feel of paper) ;0
And remember.. ALL effects of drugs are dose related...this is probably _part_ of the reason why some of the folks who post here have had very different experiences with the same drugs and drug combinations.
BrianVan is correct that Adderall is an amphetamine salt..it is not a mixture of Dexedrine and Ritalin. Basic info about this can be found online at: www.rxlist.com/
ibuddha and TheGreatYashu...sorry... but you are wrong about amphetamines... they work on dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine. Don't know where you got the idea that they don't work on serotonin.. but that is factually incorrect. All amphetamines and cocaine work on serotonin.
These three neurotransmitters are called the monoamine transmitters (along with epinephrine).
Here is some general info that applies to these stimulants:
Drugs with effects on ALL monoamines:
Amphetamine, Methamphetamine, Cocaine
Drugs with effects mainly on dopamine: Ritalin
Drugs with effects mainly on norepinephrine:
Epehdrine
(Sources: R. Julien, A primer of drug action ; C. Kuhn, et al. Buzzed: The straight facts about the most used and abused drugs from alcohol to ecstasy.)
I use both of these texts in the graduate level courses that I teach on drugs..(yes.. I really am a doc of the PhD sort, but my interest in drugs has always been more than academic *g*). There are some minor errors in the latest edition of the Julien text and it is a DENSE book to read if you don't have a science background. The Kuhn book is the best no BS book out about drugs...easy to read, pretty factual, and mostly non-alarmist.
The pharmacology of these drugs is actually way more complicated than this because there are several subtypes of neurotransmitters and some of the effects are presynaptic and some are postsynaptic.. (depending on the specific drug) but that is too complex to get into here and not of interest to most of you. Hell... it even puts some of my grad students to sleep!
For factual info on neurotoxicity and mixing Prozac with X, this is a good source:
http://www.dancesafe.org/slideshow/index.html
It's a way cool slide show that explains how neurotoxicity likely occurs and the effects of taking Prozac with X.
Sorry to burst any bubbles here, but I have always found that facts are better than fiction in helping people stay safe and enjoy the drugs of their choice.

Oooopss... I meant that there are several subtypes of neuroreceptors.. not neurotransmitters. Oh well..it's after 4 AM, my eyes are tired, and I should go to sleep!
P.S. I sure wish to hell that there was a spell check on this... my typing sucks!

I would back Doc199 in his ideas, those sound most correct to me. I'm no doctor though my mom is an RN..
All I know for sure is that most people who've tried the two together claim that ADD drugs tend to lessen their roll. They recommend not taking any ADD drugs for like 2-6 hours before they roll.
~*~ Ashke ~*~

Thanks Ashke.. but this Doc is not a "he"... I'm most definitley female.
Perhaps my screen name should be MsDoc...? ;0