• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

JaNEWary -- January getting/staying sober thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad lib

Ex-Bluelighter
Here's this months thread you guys -- January 2014!

Anyone who is trying to get sober, stay sober, or struggling with sobriety is encouraged to post here. Please follow the Sober Living forum guidelines and the Bluelight User Agreement (BLUA) prior to making any posts.

001-stunning-illustrations-cyril-rolando.jpg

Some of 2013 in review:
January | February | March | April | May | June
July | August | September | October | November | December

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been yo-yoing between using and not using opiates, but right now I am NOT using opiates so I'm feeling proud of myself.

Happy New Year's Day, everyone!

Never would have thought it... NEVER. But I had a great time at a New Year's Party last night, with the family, and the kids, and family friends. I drank ONE little 12 oz beer, that was it. And yet, I was still able to entertain our guests, and have a great time. It was fun.

I really hope yours were good, too. 2014 now. I'm glad. Glad to put 2013 behind me. Moving forward with it all. I'd love to quit cigs this year, and I might. But honestly, it's time for me to drop some of this weight I accumulated last year. 20 lbs up from my fit 175 lbs. Anyway, I've a trashed house to clean up. Peace, everyone!

PS - it's good, especially this time of year, to see a lot of people wanting to beat their addictions.

Great job Generic, ad lib as well for being in a "not" phase. Keep it going as long as you can. <3

I survived last night as well, surrounded by old friends from Jersey drinking and smoking pot all night but it wasn't very difficult for me. 232 days today and it wasn't my first party. :p (though i had an escape plan/vehicle, people i could call, etc.. Just in case)

It's a New Year and a Clean slate for all who want it. This is my first New Years sober in I don't know how long, more then 6 years most likely. And Today, It's a New Day. I hope to push through 2014 without falling back into to, and continue working on myself, my defects, and make a real life for myself. School starts in 3 weeks, I'm stoked to finally have something to work towards besides recovery. I know I need to continue working on recovery forever, but it was the only thing i was doing the last 7 months and so a couple months ago i sorta stopped doing much. The first 2-3 months of recovery you'd should mainly be focusing on just that, if possible - but after then, you need to slowly start taking on more responsibility and get back to life. Which is something i never did and now I'm getting depressed again, complacent, and regressing a bit.

But like i said, today is a new day, a new year, and I hope to push into the year with positivity and commitment to continue bettering myself and my situation. I need to get out of the SLE i live at, I need to make friends and actually talk to them/chill with them, I need to find a job, do well in school, and be a better boyfriend.

For me, it can no longer just be about staying sober. That will always be the most important goal, but I've reached a point where it simply isn't enough and I can no longer ignore life. Life is knocking, and i must answer.

About 4.5 months exactly now. I stayed home with the kiddo and he had a sleepover with a friend so it was a pretty mellow New Years, except my partner's 24 year old daughter came home blackout drunk and puked all over herself in the bathtub. Poor thing was completely covered with vomit, even her hair, because she puked in the bath water. Her 21 year old brother graciously cleaned up the entire mess, thank god, because it was horrific! Just was a pretty blatant reminder of some of the worst which can happen from drinking!

So many good new years eve stories guys.. victories abound. . except for the poor girl who poisoned herself.. so glad she was with family<3

I went out for a really good steak with the family and spent the night playing some vids with my son.. did the countdown and then read a few chapters in his new book series to him (39 clues).. I absolutely love waking up not feeling sick and hurting on new years.. I actually gave up getting all hammered on amature night well before I cleaned up.. but still it feels really good to feel good in the morning nonetheless.

I think 2014 is going to be a really good year for me as long as I work to make it so.. I have been buried under so many things for so long and I have actually been able to see the light at the end of this monumental tunnel for some time. I think I will be able to pass through the threshold and finally out into the light very soon<3 This is amazing to me as I was hit with soooo many things over the last six or seven years. The culmination of all these things at once was amazingly difficult to deal with.. it kinda felt like the universe had abandoned me, thought when i look back it was probably more to do with me abandoning the universe and an ocean liner of bad luck... but then again sometimes the best luck in the world looks and feels like the exact opposite. This time period brought me to where I am and the way I chose to deal with it has built me into who I am.

I dont think I have ever been this happy, optimistic, and Fearless.

Here is to 2014.. let make it a really good year no matter what challenges we will face.

I survived NYE also lol.....sorta ....wel at least first Nye in however long I remember I was petty sober lol I love. You all :) here's to janurary

Caseface a better boyfriend? Damn I thought you were female lolol

Last edited:
i to survived new years. 10 days clean from everything and ive only smoked bud like 2X in the last 3 weeks and havent done anything in the last 10 days. no drinking, opiates, or weed. i am gonna smoke a little today probaly but after this i cant cuz my levels are supposed to go down but my counselor doesnt say anything about the occasional toke. but after this i wanna have all my tests be negative so im not gonna smoke at all.

i dont see marijuana as a really big deal cuz it doesnt make me wanna do dope like alcohol does. i cant drink or ill just go back to my old ways. after this toke session with a friend that came back from college in ohio ill be done. even tho ive gotten smashed with this kid over the summer hes really glad i stopped drinking and doing dope. its nice to have a friend that is totally fine not having to drink when we hang out.

10 days clean and i WILL have more. im glad i finally got my eyes opened after what happened on the 22nd. and im glad i relapsed that day cuz it gave me a whole new perspective and outlook on my recovery. i was half assing it before but im ready to do it this time!

8 days benzo free 4 days no pain pills. Dealing with insomnia, anxiety, and pain for the most part.

2 or 3 weeks sober now. No big temptations lately..... And now facing a surprise pregnancy, so sober is how I'm going to have to be. A little nervous about delivery. It's a slippery slope with pain meds during labor and recovery. I can't imagine no Percocet afterwards.

What's up, ppl. I can finally make a post in here saying I'm sober. Tryin to make 2014 a good clean, non-entirley fucked up year.

Raise the roooff. %)

Wow, whiterabbit -- congratulations. You rock - and made the decision to quit on your own, before finding out you are pregnant.

Scagnattie - good luck man! 2014!

2 1/2 weeks sober from drugs(yes including weed). I actually landed a fucking sick job climbing cell phone towers upgrading the current transmitters the older towers have(all over the south) also change bulbs and maintain the sites. The company drugtest randomly once every 30 days. And no fucking way I'm going to piss away a $85,000 a year salary (with weekends off,paid vacations,company 4x4 truck Klein tools, and medical benefits).

So with a kid on the way, gotta do what's best for my kid(she's 60 days pregnant with baby). I want to give the kid shit I never had when growing up.

This guy is playing ball and not letting anyone step on my sneakers. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.