• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drug for wisdom tooth extraction.

NegativeBeef

Greenlighter
I'm going through a bit of anxiety about getting my lower left wisdom tooth extracted. It's fully erupted and will be cut out by an oral surgeon under local anesthetics. It's cracked and painful so it probably has to go soon. I'm extremely phobic about this so I definitely need something to calm me down. Is there a drug that'll make me fearless? Would something like Xanax work or is there something better? I believe I will be getting laughing gas as well. I want to absolutely not give a shit that the surgeon is pulling my tooth out.

They'll give you a recreational dose of nitrous to help ease your pain. Might also give you some pain meds to help you cope.

You won't even need to take anything, they'll supply you.

I'd need something for the anxiety beforehand and possibly the nights before. I'd also like to test it out to see how well it works.

A benzo should work. Since this is a HR board be sure to mention it to your oral surgeon, you may even get a prescription from him.

Go to your gp and get a script of endone for the pain. If you live in the US get Vicodin.x Tell your dentist you suffer anxiety give him a list of your prescribed medication, definitely take a xannie for the stress, but enquire about Penthrox helps ease anxiety and you are in control of how much you get

Lucky you. Here it's like this - extractions local only, post op NSAIDS. Friend had a few dry sockets and got a low dose of tramadol.

Thank god mine came out fine.

When I had mine extracted, the surgeon gave me nitrous oxide and IV valium. I also requested to be fully put to sleep, and it was a breeze. I was prescribed meperidine to take afterwards, but it made me vomit (most likely because of the linger effects of the anesthesia). I wouldn't worry about pilling up. As someone said, they will provide it.

ask for a pill sedative to take before u go in. my dentist gave me one without me asking ( maybe because that's the only session they give).

anyways, they gave me halcion. honestly it just felt like taking a clonazepam.. so I didn't even take it on subsequent visits.

anyways, it's no big deal. once you get the laughing gas you won't care what they do to you.

Mine gave me 2 Valium pills to take one hour before the procedure. I too was put out for the procedure and was given either Vicoprophen (sp?) or Percocet's. Personally I hate hydrocodone, would much prefer oxycodone (it's one and a half stronger I believe). Don't freak out, they'll take good care of you and probably provide a phone number for a doc covering 24/7 in case you have any complications. Good Luck!

ask for a pill sedative to take before u go in. my dentist gave me one without me asking ( maybe because that's the only session they give).

anyways, they gave me halcion. honestly it just felt like taking a clonazepam.. so I didn't even take it on subsequent visits.

anyways, it's no big deal. once you get the laughing gas you won't care what they do to you.

So true. I was inhaling as much as I possibly could and the procedure was over before I knew it. I can't remember feeling any discomfort.

When I had mine extracted, the surgeon gave me nitrous oxide and IV valium. I also requested to be fully put to sleep, and it was a breeze. I was prescribed meperidine to take afterwards, but it made me vomit (most likely because of the linger effects of the anesthesia). I wouldn't worry about pilling up. As someone said, they will provide it.

What was the point of nitrous oxide and IV valium if you were being put to sleep?

If this is done by your doctor - 10-20mg diazepam the day before and iv midazolam during. You won't remember a thing.

I had a visit to the dentist before, he was sculpting my teeth to appear more attractive.

After minutes of inhaling nitrous be began his procedure. The pain was killing me so he took a break. After I was loopy and euphoric he continued.

Felt no unpleasant sensation during or after his finishing.

Only discomfort was not being able to eat for the rest of the day. Which wasn't a huge deal.

You'll be fine man. :)

Okay I was just prescribed 1mg Xanax from my doctor. What would be an effective dosage to help me cope with the fear of wisdom teeth extraction?

They usually knock you out for oral surgeries with "versed" it's a benzodiazepine; like super charged xanax. When i was getting a rotted tooth pulled, they gave me nitrous 15mins prior to pulling out the tooth, while giving my novocaine and allowing that to numb my gums, at this point i was anxiety free because i knew my gums were numb and i wouldnt feel pain, just pressure, the nitrous decreased my anxiety of the sharp hurting feeling of the novocaie needle at certain points of the mouth it can be very painful. MY tolerance to to xanax was so high, that when they injected me with the VERSED, i was still aware, and they knew i wasnt in a blackout yet, and they just looked confused and injected a little more, still my tolerance was high enough where i remembered the whole thing, i believe once they stop injecting you with VERSED, the buzz/black out vanishes, thats how fast acting it is...i could be wrong...yeaars ago i got my wisdom teeth out when i wasnt doing benzos, and i completely blacked out, the surgeon said i would be awake and talking, but not conscious or remember it.....no worries you will be fine...i believe nitrous alone and novocaine is all it takes..rarely will they give u IV opiates..

Okay I was just prescribed 1mg Xanax from my doctor. What would be an effective dosage to help me cope with the fear of wisdom teeth extraction?

wow did ur fmaily doctor give u a few xanax in preparation to see ur oral surgeon? i believe if you take the xanax 5-10minutes before the procedure it will relax you a little, but if seeing a needle makes you nervous, or anything in there that does, fight or flight will kick in and that xanax relief will diminish..for me atleast

Okay I just took 2mg of Xanax just to see how it feels. All it did was make me sleepy. I don't feel anti-anxious at all. Should I take more?