• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

December Getting/Staying Sober Thread v. Reflections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad lib

Ex-Bluelighter
Our final thread of 2013!

This is for anyone trying to stay and/or get sober for the month of December. Forum guidelines and the BLUA apply :) Let's use this thread to support one another through the journey of recovery.

work_363433_9_flat%252C550x550%252C075%252Cf_freedom.jpg

Last post from November thread:

"Keep going, Spacker. You may use a few times before you finally stop but what counts is that you're trying n that's all any of us can do is keep trying. I, myself don't count days without opiates because I'm on suboxone n so I feel I'm kind of cheating but I need it to get through the Christmas period n so I can work through my issues."

Thanks for the words of support, Evey. Sobriety is always a lonely and unacknowledged gig for me, so it's nice to get some encouragement. Thank you.

Good luck with jumping off the junk -- for all and any of you trying. Quitting opies makes quitting meth absolutely look like a pansy's job, I can't even imagine the pain you're all in.

2 days sober. Or a day and a half, or something?

Old Thread Neversick November - Getting/Staying Clean Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
104 days.

Feeling much more positive today. The sun is shining, and I feel a lot of love in my life right now.

The beginning, not so much but things seem to be shaping up pretty well. I am happy with the outcome for the year :) How about you?

It's been a roller coaster, that's for sure.

Jan-Feb I was still using Opiates intravenously, then in March I quit them.

After quitting opiates my anxiety increased causing me to take more Xanax and become dependent on that- psychologically and physically.

In November I relapsed on opiates (not IV, oral, but still a relapse).

I'm 1 day clean off opiates as of today and feel like crap. Addiction, relapse, and recovery are so emotionally and sometimes physically taxing.

It's all part of the process <3 glad to hear you're making it through Day 1 <3. It's tough, take care of yourself, you'll be feeling better soon.

goldstar.jpg

first time I ever got a gold star in this subject... at least in the last 25 years..

NSFW:
funnyzonedotorg.jpg
=D

Why'd I let myself relapse?

I'm in opiate w/d and I wanna scream. The joint pain is killing me.

Why'd I let myself relapse?

I'm in opiate w/d and I wanna scream. The joint pain is killing me.

<snip>

All the best to you man, you will make it as soon as your ready, just a part of the cycle!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Thank you.

I have the anxiety too :\ and insomnia. I must be hypersensitive.

day 1 for me.. again. been trying for a couple months now. been able to get a week or a week and a few days of sobriety here and there but when you really, really realize you need to get sober and start trying for real, it almost seems harder haha. I know it's not for everyone (and im not even sure if its for me) but I've been hitting a few NA meetings when I can. I'm not super into everything they preach, but its nice to see and get some perspective (that your not alone and that it really is fucking hard!)

In Seattle this time of year.. I go to work in the dark, and get home in the dark. Some depressing shit!

Big ups to everyone trying to stay sober in December!

and to whoever said that being on suboxone doesn't count as being sober- i disagree. it's certainly different, but as long as you make sure you are just using it for maintenance purposes.. and as prescribed by your doc, you can still count your time and be proud of it man. when your ready to get off the subs you'll know your ready. i was on them for almost 5 years, and I made the mistake of thinking "well I can't count myself as being sober" so I just didn't really give a fuck about staying sober off of other drugs and moved to other things while I was on the subs. It's a slippery slope!!

^Congrats on day 1! :) I honestly think that that first step of deciding to be sober and actively doing it is one of the most difficult parts of sobriety. Keep working on you and taking things one day (or even moment) at a time and everything will fall into place. <3

Im lunging into an other day. I had a set back Sunday and dosed 2mg of sub. I thought it was great for the moment but what a regret. I have no experience with bup and really don't want to travel down that road. The sub killed the symptoms but left me in worse condition Monday. I pushed through yesterday. Last night I took 300mg gabapetnin and slept ok, but this morning I woke up with restless leggs and deep aching femurs. Im up and out now and the aches are managable, I am jittery and out of focus though. Im glad I read neversicks post about sub. I would rather suffer through now for a short time than to stretch it out. My last regular daily dose180mg oxy was Wednesday before thanksgiving. I cold turkeyed it through Saturday i Did 45mg of oxy. Sunday I did 2mg sub. Im pretty screwed up. I want to be alive again and free to live. I miss normal. I once had a great life. Meaning I never had I lot of things, always just worked and enjoyed my job. Im a carpenter. I was content to go take a ride with my girl and get a coffee or something. I liked to skii in the winter and boat in the summer. These faint memmories are the strength im drawing on today. Anyone who is suffering today my hope is with you. I don't want to use today even though my mind and body are screaming for relief.

Keep it up J your doing great.. just need to hang on far a little bit and you will be able to slipo out of the woods.. your doing this.. Keep it up.=D

Way to go addy.. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.