• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine w/ Promethazine (How much to dose)

Jdepps

Greenlighter
I have an 8 oz bottle of Codeine w/ Promethazine. This is something I have never taken before. How much do you suggest to take for a decent high?

the whole thing. 8oz isn't a lot. do you mean drinking it straight or mixed like lean?

The whole thing is like 120MG's or 160MG's of Codeine. That's around the dose you should take if you're trying to get a nod worthy high (if you have no tolerance). I don't know the promethazine amount though so make sure you find that out before chugging the whole thing.

Last edited:
If this is your first time doing Codeine, do not mix it with Promethazine, especially if it is on a dose to dose basis equivalent to the Codeine.

If you have done Codeine before, taking 25kmg of promethazine before taking your dose would synergize well to the high and give you a nod. Anything above 25mg, before or after you dose, will overpower the high and ruin it. Prometh is not to be messed with if you don't have a tolerance to it.

If this is your first time doing Codeine, do not mix it with Promethazine, especially if it is on a dose to dose basis equivalent to the Codeine.

If you have done Codeine before, taking 25kmg of promethazine before taking your dose would synergize well to the high and give you a nod. Anything above 25mg, before or after you dose, will overpower the high and ruin it. Prometh is not to be messed with if you don't have a tolerance to it.

The promethazine is already mixed in with the codeine. Just mix 2oz with some soda if you have no tolerance. Put on a dj screw tape, and swang...lol. Seriously though here in Houston if its actavis that bottle is worth its weight in gold, shit is so overpriced nowadays its sad.

And 8 oz is going to have like 400+mg of codeine not 120 man do not drink the whole bottle if you have no tolerance good god.

And 8 oz is going to have like 400+mg of codeine not 120 man do not drink the whole bottle if you have no tolerance good god.

I'm assuming this is something like Cheratussin which is only 200MG's of Codeine per 12oz's. Is there some other codeine syrup brand that's used?

Last edited:
The 3 brands that I know of that are still around are actavis/qualitest/hi tech its not cheratussin it is Promethazine with codeine cough syrup. Either way it should say on the bottle how much codeine is in there.

What is the big thing with purple drank? Isn't it just a prometh high with a codeine buzz attached? Why is it so desired among drug users looking for a codeine high? Where I'm from there's a 100ml codeine phosphate bottle with 15mg per 5ml(300mg). I usually take chlrophenamine maelate 30mins after administration. Wouldn't that be a much cleaner high that one that's bombarded with a sedative antihistamine?

Can someone please clarify how this purple lean is so desirable. Maybe I just have the wrong idea.

It's because of the rap game that it is so desirable. Guys in Houston have been using it since the early 90s or maybe earlier and kept it with their underground rap music ofcourse is was so cheap back then...started getting pretty popular in Houston and all over Texas because of DJ Screw. Still not too well known every where else though, then lil wayne and a few other mainstream rappers started talking about it and bam. Rappers can make prices on certain things raise like crazy, certain strains/clothing anything they talk about will be in more demand.

If your going to go the cough syrup route...get some tussinex. Man that will get you zonked. It's yellow though and not purple so it already makes the demand go down. But it is waaaay stronger than prometh w/ codeine.

I'm not planning on mixing it with anything to make lean. I'll just drink 2 oz and see how I feel. I couldn't believe how much this cost. I've experienced with many drugs, damn near all of them but this is one I never tried so I had no idea the price. When I was told $120 for 8 oz I was shocked. I would never pay that much. Only reason I have it is because I had 40 klonopins I didn't want because I currently quit so I did a trade.

I'm from the UK but $120!? WOW. In the UK you can buy 600mg Codeine cough syrup for about $5 and a whole packet of Prometh for about $2.

We're not really big on Codeine/Promethazine Linctus in the UK so I can't really advise you until I know exactly how much Codeine and how much Prometh is in the 8 oz.

If you can tell us the dosages of Codeine and Prometh in the 8 oz then I can tell you how much you'd want to try.

Last edited: