• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Advice on ritalin use. First dose in over a decade.

Drumminstoned20

Bluelighter
So, for one I realize ritalin isn't amphetamine-class but It was the most accurate prefix. Today was my first ritalin dose in 11 years. Im scripted 60mg of extended release ritalin not concerta which is another common long term version. Im taking it for a break from adderall and I know I wont get the more intense rush but after snorting 40mg of my crushed er beads I felt no more than a morning cigarette effect. Im wondering if I should try adding the other 20mgs in my lines. 5-7 hours later Im just feeling a moderate amphetamine-like focus. Simply put I am enjoying typing on the internet. I didnt crush the beads perfectly but it was deffinatly powder with no more than flakes from beads. I was pretty abusive on the adderall to the point 140mg didnt give me the blissful rush 90-100mg did at first. All im searching for is an even stimulate buzz with a lightly euphoric rush. Is it a low dose issue or am I missing something.

if you dont find plugging a problem, i would try 40 mg plugged. Feels so much cleaner and has wayyyy less of a crash than snorting the stuff.

Update, I doubled this time 80mg of crushed extended ritalin release beads not concerta or ir. I have to add things, I wonder if even crushed these still have a long term effect . Or Im so used to the more intense adderall buzz and can litterally sniff a months worth of 30mg ir's so maybe I developed some kinda general stimulant tolerance. Im very very educated and experienced but this is stumping my mind. To explain more, sum up and get to the point, I just insufflated (snorted) 80mg of powdered ritalin extended release beads in 40-45 minutes along with an extra 2 small lines of the super fine powder residue from my straw and the surface of my crystal table having basically no tolerance or prior use in the last decade+ besides the 40mg dose early yesterday, 221lb male. With a history of 2 separate mild meth experiences , 6 months of 40mg per day adderall use always by nasal administration. 3-4 months were recreational/abusive just over 2-3 of the last months ive done the correct 40mg just nasaly, with no cocaine or serious stimuant use. 80mg was my max today but I will go to 100 in a single use next dose but thats it. No noticable negative effects, Its the same effects from 40mg only more intense eg More depth/thought in what im doing and more enjoyment typing and logically involving myself both mentally, and on here. Last details just cause I need to end this, Im tweaked, obviously as Ive made clear but im still in search of a rush or pleasant light euphoria. Since I have no more negative effects than 40mg as I do off 80mg Ill raise to 100mg but Im taking a day or two before my next dose. If 80mg wont give me a light rush or high is there still a chance I just need to raise a bit more or is the extended release ritalin beads still not giving me full recreational benefits even crushed and snorted. Im not willing to pass 120mg and rather not go over 100mg. Sorry for tweaking out but this is bugging me. If going to 100-120mg wont work I might as well go back to adderall, it feels like the same buzz only with a shorter pump up phase and longer tweak balls phase. Excuse my tweaker mode but this issue is driving me nuts.

The problem with methylphenidate is that it isn't really water soluble.. I mean it is, but.. the problem with it is a solubility issue I have come up with two different values for it solubility in H20 1.2 mg/ml and another one of 1.1 g/ ml sourced but the source link is dead. but is solubility in ethanol is 25 g/ ml . If the solubility is only 1.2 mg/ml in h20 then this will most certainly affect is potency insulated and plugged.

This combined with the beads most likely means that you aren't really getting off. Also I think the bead mechanism for the generic methylP is pretty sketchy as i remember reading that half the dose was supposed to be released right away.. but from my experience that was hog wash and it felt like it was all released like three hours after eating them. If you do switch to eating them then I would not use your experience today to determine your dose for tomorrow as you might be surprised.

Advice-on-ritalin-use-First-dose-in-over-a-decade

I'm just going to state the obvious.

From what I've read, you are abusing prescription medication for recreational purposes (i've done the same, so nothing personal) ......dosage wise and ROA wise.

By going down this road, you are destroying any future benefits by building up a tolerance and ultimately making the medication useless for when you really need it.

I've been prescribed Ritalin 20mg a day after 9 years without it.
I decided to do it properly this time.
I take 10mg orally, I don't feel much working, however I am getting things done, able to get through the work day and complete tasks. I very seldom even need to take another 10mg unless there is a cause for it.
I have no craving for taking the medication, this is a major psychological victory for me.
I'm not on anti-depressants anymore and there is no way that I'm going to screw things up for myself again by trying to get high from the medication that is prescribed to keep me "well".

Sure, I would love to get that "body high" that meth gives, but there is no way in hell that I would be able to use my medication to improve my life if I got that feeling every time I took them.

All I'm saying is ....... why are you taking ADD medication?
If it is for ADD/ADHD then just take them properly.
If it is for any other reason then you need to ask yourself, "What the fuck am I doing?"

Sorry if this sounds harsh, I'm just saying it like it is.