• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Removing caffeine from street (dl-)amphetamines with acetone wash

Pill2Chill

Bluelight Crew
Hi,

I have a little question about an acetone wash performed on (mixed) dl-amphetamine salts I know the principle of an acetone wash; the amphetamines won't dissolve in the acetone, while the caffeine and some other crap will. Now my question; howmuch acetone should I use per gram of amphetamines? I can't seem to find any solid information on that, only 1 guy who posted on a dutch forum, but that's not exactly credible info. I'd very much like to know from someone who knows what they're talking about because atm I've been using 15ml/g and I feel that might be too much.

Thanks in advance,

PTC %)

Hello. I had obtained some amp , about 0.5g, It looked all wet and was kind of yellowish and clumpy. I wanted to wash it down with acetone but accidently the jar I poured in it had a little bit of water in it. But not enough to cover all the powder, just a little bit. I still puored just a little bit of acetone . Just a little bit more than enough to cover all the powder, stirred it up, let it evaporate for a bit and pour all the contents out on a plate. Microwaved it for a bit and was left with weird gooey residue all around the plate which when collected and dryed turned out into 0.2 g of a white, very powdery and speedy smelling powder. I don't know how good is it because I haven't tested but it looks like that acetone wash I made worked and all I needed was just as much acetone to cover the powder.
Don't know if this helps but here you go

^I've also done acetone washes, using 15ml/g.

Not to be rude or ungrateful, but "just as much acetone to cover the powder" isn't very accurate, I was looking for some specifics, numbers and evidence. I think I might have some of it figured out already though.

The solubility of caffeine is 61mg/ml of acetone, so the 15ml/g I read on the dutch forum does kind of make sense.
61mg x 15ml=915mg
So that would mean that if it's 91,5% caffeine, it would be able to get all of it out. That sounds plausible.

Amphetamine is virtually insoluble in acetone, can't find a number on that though. If it's neglible at 15ml/mg I guess 15ml was the correct amount of acetone.

No one who can confirm or correct the above?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not really a procedure that requires precise measurement, in a lab you just have a squirt bottle of acetone and use it as you see fit. As much as you need to get it all wet and be able to pour it off, not so much it's a waste. Make sure your acetone is dry, bake some calcium sulfate in the oven then chuck it in with the acetone (not while it's hot!), that'll pull the water out and make sure you don't lose any speed.