• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Cigarettes in combination with other drugs

blklodge

Greenlighter
Searched around a bit for answers but came up empty handed. I've noticed the craving for and effect of smoking cigarettes when on various drugs wildly different results and I was wondering what the explanation is.

MDMA - moderate craving, pretty good when smoked

4-FA - pretty elevated craving, pretty damn good

M1 - moderate craving, between pretty good and pretty damn good

3-MMC - minimal craving, pretty much no effect

MXE - no craving, no effect at all

Adderall - fiend-like craving, fucking amazing/really add to the experience when smoked

Eager to know if there is a correlation between how these various drugs work and their interaction with cigarettes.

I've noticed e-cigarettes do not have the same effect as cigarettes so it can't just be the nicotine.

I really dont see your point, you didn't discovered the moon. This is a harm reduction forum, not what combinations give better highs. Nicottie enhance some effects of some drugs but is worthless with others, but there is no rushhh...personal preference...peace!

I'm not trying to make a point and I apologize if my initial post was confusing. I was just wondering if there is a scientific explanation for the relationship between cigarettes and various drugs.

IIRC there's some harmaline alkaloids in tobacco (?) and thats what makes the intensity increase temproarily.

Tobacco has some mild MAO inhibitors which can be attributed to some increased activity with certain drugs. Nicotine also enhances the release of many neurotransmitters in the brain which can easily contribute to a high.

Nicotine also functions as a nicotinic acetylcholine receptor agonist which is why certain drugs block nicotine. Two prime examples are the drugs Chantix and DXM. They both antagonize the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, causing nicotine to have reduced effects and no effects when the dose is sufficient. I wasn't aware that MXE had affinity for nACh receptors but if it does, that would explain the inactivity of tobacco when using high doses. I did not notice this effect with MXE in my trials with it.

There are other pharmacological reasons for all of this - cigarettes have many other chemicals besides nicotine so it is hard to pinpoint exactly what is causing the potentiation that you are noticing. Nicotine also has a lot more activity, these are just some basics.

Tobacco has some mild MAO inhibitors which can be attributed to some increased activity with certain drugs. Nicotine also enhances the release of many neurotransmitters in the brain which can easily contribute to a high.

Nicotine also functions as a nicotinic acetylcholine receptor agonist which is why certain drugs block nicotine. Two prime examples are the drugs Chantix and DXM. They both antagonize the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, causing nicotine to have reduced effects and no effects when the dose is sufficient. I wasn't aware that MXE had affinity for nACh receptors but if it does, that would explain the inactivity of tobacco when using high doses. I did not notice this effect with MXE in my trials with it.

There are other pharmacological reasons for all of this - cigarettes have many other chemicals besides nicotine so it is hard to pinpoint exactly what is causing the potentiation that you are noticing. Nicotine also has a lot more activity, these are just some basics.
This. Id just like to second what you have said, in an effort to boost this knowledge. Tobacco has more chemicals than just nicotine, and if it wasnt for the MAOIs in the leaf, nicotine would not affect you nearly as hard, nor create the same "rush". Unfortunately one of the reasons Im having trouble quitting cigs using my e-cig.