• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Did I just take too much codeine? Advice very much welcome!

mongchops

Greenlighter
Hello all!

I just prepared a CWE of codeine. I used three packs of 8mg codeine / 500mg APAP, 32 per pack = 256mg codeine per pack.

I prepared two extractions (48 pills per 1.5 packs = 384mg codeine). The plan was to have one extraction right now, and the other tomorrow or another day.

However, after taking the first one and waiting 15-20 mins, I thought "fuck it" and drank the second extraction. That's 768mg codeine! I completely forgot that I used three packs, I let my mind slip as I was distracted, and in a derp-moment I thought that each extraction was just one pack (I was aiming for about 500mg codeine).

Now, I know that CWEs aren't 100% efficient, so it's probably not a full 768mg codeine. That said, did I take too much? Like, dangerously too much? Or will things be basically fine? I'm not exactly opiate naive and did a CWE extraction yesterday (just 1 pack of 256mg). Before that I've done perhaps 1 CWE per week for the last month. Before that, a lot more sporadically. I've used Oxy on and off for about a year (perhaps a 40 or 80 fortnightly) but haven't had any since SR was shut down, as I am unable to get it any more.

It's also worth noting that I took 40mg of promethazine before taking any codeine to potentiate and alleviate some of the negative side effects like nausea and itching (classic lean / sizzurp / purple drank recipe). I also took a fair amount of Etizolam this morning (my tolerance is quite high) but I think that has long since worn off due to the short half life (there may be small amounts in my system but I think it's pretty much done). I took my last Eitzolam dose at about 11:00; it is now 18:30.

Advice welcome! I feel fine right now, if a little itchy, but it hasn't been long since I took the second one (10 mins perhaps).

What should I do if it gets too much? Just looking for some reassurance here. Perhaps relaxing, playing some GTA5 and not worrying too much unless I start to feel real bad (taking my mind off it, basically) is the best thing to do. How about eating? Would that help, or just be a terrible idea resulting in throwing up?

As a side note, does anyone know how efficient CWEs are? As in, what percentage (roughly) is usually lost?

Thanks in advance. And sorry for the wall of text!

It's been 45 minutes or so and I'm not dead yet, just supremely itchy. And when I say supremely itchy I mean supremely itchy. I forced myself to throw up a little bit to see if I could get any out but I'm not sure how effective that was.

I guess I have no choice but to ride it out and see how things progress. I will update this thread later in case future generations stumble across it with a similar question and want to know the outcome.

UPDATE: It's been an hour and I am not dead. I feel fine actually, just very, very itchy. I'm guessing that I'm okay because of my tolerance. That said, I definitely wouldn't recommend this to anybody (especially if they have a low tolerance) unless they really know what they're doing. It could have turned out a lot worse!

Last edited: