• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What's the difference between Dexedrine IR and Vyvanse?

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
I have ADD or ADHD and I am wondering what the difference between Dexedrine IR (instant release) and Vyvanse are? If you have ADD or ADHD and have been prescribed them what are they like compared to either Adderall or Ritalin/Concerta (time release methylphenidate)?

basically in i simple answer dex is stronger and quicker hitting and shorter lasting

Well, in my personal experience and opinion, is that for ME Ritalin 10mg IR was more "stronger" than Ritalin 30mg LA.

What I am trying to say is, I would notice much more of a "direct hitting" effect with the IR than the LA. (And that the IR was 20mg less. ) .

Here's the deal, Dexedrine is pure dextroamphetamine(d-amp), and vvyanse is l-lisdexamphetamine aka it's a pro-drug of d-amp. The only way vyyanse is effective is when taken orally as it has to be metabolized into dextroamphetamine as the lucein chain is knocked off through gastro-intestinal enzymes. So in short, Vyyanse is dextroamphetamine with lucein attached to it to render it useless if taken any other route of administration other than ORAL. Think of Vyyanse as an extended-extended release dexedrine... I prefer dextroamphetamine sulphate tablets over all other forms of amphetamine.

As to comparing to Adderall, adderall is about 75% or so dextroamphetamine and the rest is levoamphetamine... Dexedrine is much smoother with quite less PNS side effects... It's more recreational. Levoamphetamine(L-AMP) is not really wanted unless you really wanna get a kick in the ass.