• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids krantom with suboxone question

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
I having insurance issues with subonone going from 16mg to day to only 4mg a day to last until I can refill. Two questions would krantom help in any way while taking it or if I run out would it help avoid with drawl. What time should I take my 4mg at or would skipping a day in between doeses of 8mg be better. Any help would be great. Krantom worth it?

You already asked this question in another thread, man. I'll say what I said in the suboxone megathread..

If you're having issues going from 16mg's to 4mg's then just stay at your current dose and just start taking less yourself. You know what I mean? Many people begin tapering themselves, no matter what dose they are currently scripted at. That way you will have extra suboxone if you ever need it, and don't have to deal with any changes to your script.

To answer the Kratom question.. yes many people have used it to help with bupe withdrawal but more so coming off of a lower dose. Kratom is not very strong and bupe is very strong, so you'd probably be better off just sticking with the suboxone and continuing to taper with that.

suboxone binds too strongly to the mu-opioid receptor. the kratom wont be able to attach and you wont feel it at all. i've tried it. and i was only taking 0.5mg of bupe a day

Man, take my advice, please. Just do the taper and ride it out. I just posted in another thread about how I am USING suboxone to come off a 2,000 gram (yes, TWO FUCKING KILOS) a month habit with kratom. You will trick yourself into believing that it is just some "natural legal plant that grows in the ground" and you will end up staying on it to stave off the PAWS. Just please, do not switch to kratom. In my honest opinion, it is far more euphoric than subs and insidious because it tricks you with its benign safety profile, legality, and is so easily obtained. But, as always, your mileage may vary....In my opinion, if your tolerence is down, kratom's euphoria rivals other drugs such as oxycodone (to me, it's actually more euphoric...but many would argue me on that...). Anyhow, the other posters are correct; kratom will be blocked for quite some time (minimum 72-100 hours) after long term buprenorphine use.

Withdrawal is a bitch, and I really wish you all the best. PM me if you feel like you need some advice if you DO choose the kratom, cause I've been there and done that.

Much love,
BirdOfPrey

Last edited:
Opiate addicts especially will do anything to avoid pain. Don't complicate it. You don't need a drug to avoid the withdrawals of a drug used specifically for withdrawals. See how dumb that sounds?

Opiate addicts especially will do anything to avoid pain. Don't complicate it. You don't need a drug to avoid the withdrawals of a drug used specifically for withdrawals. See how dumb that sounds?

^^This. I can't talk, as I am using buprenorphine to come off a 5 year 2000gram (2 kilo a month) kratom habit. But he is right. If you've done the sub thing, just taper off from there. Honestly kratom is much harder to taper/control as no doctor will limit the amount you can have taper wise, and its so easily obtainable. Not to mention, in my opinion, kratom feels more like a full agonist...that is until you hit a point where your tolerence is so high that you can no longer afford extracts and piles of leaf do nothing...

I wholeheartedly disagree with the "kratom is weak" sentiment. Here is my theory; most people go to kratom AFTER extensive use of other opiates and then find it to be ridiculously weak. Just as someone who has no tolerence can take 1mg of suboxone and puke and nod for 24 hours and addicts can take upwards uf 24 to 32 mg and feel nothing. Just to show you how strong kratom is, I have used solely kratom (with a couple exceptions) for 5 years after an oxycodone habit. Now, from just using the amount of kratom I have used, 200mg of oxycodone won't even make me blink an eye. Just some food for thought.

BirdOfPrey