• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Am I tempting fate here? Version-desperate times desperate measures

vajeeh

Bluelighter
So...recently my current situation has been really shitty. My car died, my money situation is ridiculous, etc etc.

I have been staving off heroin withdrawals whichever ways I can. I went through an old script of tramadol that I had to keep the withdrawals at bay, but now I am doing something a little risky, I figured I would either have someone talk some sense into me, or someone would reassure me that the way Im doing the following, isnt too bad.

My shooting gallery is my bedroom...I would throw cottons willy-nilly after prepping a shot, for years. For the past few days, I have been digging whenever i have energy/motivation to find these old cottons. The crustier and harder, the better.

When I do find a cotton, I feel like I have found gold. Especially if its hard...meaning saturated enough to hold something worth poking myself in the arm over.

I put the cotton(s) in my spoon, stir it up, squish it with my needle cap, and then boil it with a lighter. I taste the needle cap to see how strong it is, if it makes me shudder...ill do it...if its kinda weak, ill keep looking for another cotton for the 'soup'.

I feel like the boiling method is killing any bacteria that may have been in there, if there were any living bacteria in there. If you feel I should be doing something else besides boiling it, like re-filtering the shot afterwards with a fresh cotton, or if im plain crazy for doing this, let me know.

P.S I have gotten cotton fever a handful of times over the past seven years, but its been a long time, and i dont think i boiled the solution when I did get it in the past.

If you know how debilitating heroin withdrawal is..then u know that anything u do to make it better you will do. When i do a decent cotton shot, I can feel my stomach fold over and I get a sense of relief. My arms and legs arent aching anymore/ as bad, and I have a bit more energy. My nose issues get better, and my appetite gets better. Its not just a psychological thing here, so please keep this in mind.

Certainly running the risk of a nasty infection. If you need to keep withdrawals at bay, I would strongly recommend ordering some kratom. it's <snip>. If you're down to tramadol and cottons, you could easily use kratom probably starting at 8 grams. stay there if you want, or work your way down, it's very easy to taper. You didn't mention if you WANT to quit, or just not withdrawal. either way krat will be useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
as far as additional measures, DEFINITELY filter again with a clean cotton, you should REALLY order a micron filter.

Boiling it really fast won't kill the bacteria. Maybe look into using loperamide to help with the withdrawals. Either way, you are eventually going to have to face the withdrawals, so it's not a good idea to be putting it off with nasty cotton shots.

In order to actually kill any bacteria, you would have to boil the solution to the point where you would destroy all the actual heroin. It's a myth that just holding a lighter under a spoon for a few seconds actually kills any bacteria.

Obviously, whenever you pound cottons you are risking cotton fever.. but you are especially risking it by doing what you're doing and just picking up nasty old cottons that have been strewn around your room, covered in dust, dirt, and who knows what else.

If you really plan on rinsing cottons, you need to keep them in a dry, clean environment.

you'd have to keep it at a rolling boil for 2 minuets at least to kill bacteria and that would kill the dope