• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos After Benzo Withdrawal I get NO effect from them anymore

Stillwaters90

Greenlighter
I binged on etizolam for about a month, weaned down low, and jumped. Still pretty terrible, but I made it.

Anyway, I re-ordered some and they don't seem to work anymore! I'm talking 20 MILIGRAMS of etizolam and it feels like 2mg. That's the equivalent of 200mg of Valium folks.

Is this a well-known thing? Do any of the more knowledgable psychophamacologist have any idea what could be the issue here?

Thanks for you time

How long ago did you stop and then get back to using? Obviously tolerance is still there, or maybe its less potent?

I stopped using 13 days ago, went through withdrawal until I was about 90%, about 6 daus, ordered again, and it just doesn't work anymore. Its the branded kind so they're not cut. Maybe I just need to wait a month or so?

I would think my tolerance would have gone down during the withdrawal though. I mean TWENTY Etizolam is a HUGE dose and it feels like 2mg.

Bad batch ? Or tolerance too high... Wait 2-4 weeks then try again.

are you sure your WDs were over? benzo WDs come in waves, you can have periods of feeling good where you think you're cured then you wake up one morning to that same shitty feeling of WDs.

I cold turkeyed off valium for 2 weeks before reinstating. I took the dose i was taking and sometimes more which should have been more than enough taking into account tolerance dropping but I still had WD symptoms. My anxiety was gone but my stomach issues persisted as did my feeling of cold sweating.

After a week or two when my body readjusted to being back on the benzos these symptoms resolved themselves and I realised I didnt need the stupid high doses I was taking.
I imagine this could be your problem too. Benzos are such a complicated type of drug when it comes to dependence and withdrawal.

So do you think if I take a break for a week or two, my tolerance will go back down? 20mg of etizolam is equivalent to TWO HUNDRED mg of Valium. That's HUGE! And it gelt like only 1mg at the beginning of my first binge.

I'm not planning on taking these regularly, just a binge every now and then.

^I know everyone reacts differently but IME 1mg of etiz is closer to 5mgs of valium instead of 10mgs. I can take 10mgs of etizolam and go out and lift weights where as 100mgs of valium knocks me out for 12 hours. On another unrelated note, what dose of etiz did you jump off of?

I know that is often stated that 1mg Etizolam = 10mg Diazepam but I think it is actually more like equivalent to only 5-6mg diazepam.
I don't think that 13 days was enough of a time off the Etizolam,try giving it a couple of months at least before taking them again to give tolerance a better chance of being reduced.

If you're taking any other medications, maybe you could check and see if they "work against" the etizolam? I don't know about that stuff, but the medicine I take is an SSRI and can interfere with the way other drugs work.