• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe The Subutex Revolution...

Alternity

Bluelighter
Well, it happened. The FDA finally approved Subutex for use as a detox aid in the good ol' US of A. Its only been 2 or so months since and I expect within the next few months a flood of Subutex pills on the street. It's Schedule III which makes me smile. This stuff will be very easy to divert from the pharmacies. So I ask for all the info you have on these 2 and 8mg wonders. Just how high are these doses for somebody WITHOUT tolerance? Can these be prepped for injection with at least marginal safety? What are the doses for oral vs. snorted vs. IVed? Has anybody seen these on the street yet? Prices? Will just anybody now be able to walk into a DATA certified Doctor and fein dependance to get a fairly potent opioid? For those of you who have abused Subutex, is it as good as it seems? A potent mu-agonist and kappa-antagonist. Does this mean its side effects are minimal compared to morphine? Is it really less addictive with a still strong high? And finally...(drumroll)...
Will the FDA soon regret their decision and either (a) bump it to Sch. II, or (b) say nevermind and take it back off the market for the purpose of detox?

Wow, 2 and 8mg is a nice dose of buprenorphine. Thesubligual tabs overseas (brand name Tamgesic) are only .2mg. 2mg will really hit someone hard who doesnt have a tolerance.
Are they the freebase buprenorphine like the Euro version? If so, IV is possible you just have to use vinegar t dissolve it. .6mg is actually a very strong IV dose for someone with no tolerance. I've abused thehellout of these things and I dont think I ever dosed higher than .8mg at once.
And yes, buprenorphine is very nice. It's probably the only drug of it;s kind that I can do for days (all day) and suddenly quit without feeling like shit at all. It's very recreational. I'd take it over oxycontin, to be honest. The ruh from IV dmin is nice and the duration is even nicer. Also, tolerance seems to build up very slowly. For awhile it was my pokeable of choice.
Oral doses are a complete waste. Dont even try that. I dont know what happens but you will feel nothing at all if you eat'em. They're meant to be taken sublinqually. There's a definate technique to that. It's really not s easy asjust plopping it under you tongue. I cant remember if I ever snorted any. I slammed most of'em.
Are you sure it 2 and 8mg and not .2 and .8mg? I would imagine that 8mg IVed would kill someone really quickly. If they are putting out 8mg bup tabs there's gonna be a problem much like the one we had with oxycontin.
Maybe this Subutex brand will have some kind of aldulerant in it so it cant be IVed. That would suck cause IV is really the only way to go with this stuff.

I live in Sweden and have some experience from both temgesic and subutex. Both can be dissolved in water and IV:ed. You can also crush and snort the tablets. 0.4mg is a pretty decent amount for me, so a 8mg tablet lasts a long time.

Two brands of Buprenorphine were approved for sale in the US on October 8th 2002. They are Subutex and Suboxone. Both come in 2.0 and 8.0mg strengths. Suboxone, however, also contains Naloxone to prevent IV use. Subutex is ONLY Buprenorphine, and a mighty high dose it seems. They are both for sublingual use. I like the way this is turning out so far. A couple more questions that I would greatly appreciate an answer to. What is the half life of Buprenorphine, or, how long is it in your system? Does it break down into Morphine? What is its metabolite? Is it detectable in drug screenings? If so, for how long? And what is the duration of the high?

Tamgesic buprenorphine tablets are NOT water soluble.
Buprenorphine is metabolised to nor-buprenorphine, buprenorphine glucorinide and nor-buprenorphine glucorinide.
Half life of 35 hours.
Duration of effects: 8 - 12 hours :)
Alternity, you dont have to wait forthis stuf to hitthe streets. Online pharms sell it in the Temgesic tab. It's usually really cheap too.
[ 09 December 2002: Message edited by: Bonecutter ]

Appreciate it. I'll look into it, although 8mg sounds much more tempting than .2 and .4mg. Um, so will those metabolites cause an opiate positive on an EMIT test? And if so, can it be confirmed with GC/MS?

8mg should not be Ived. Trust me on that. I nod on .4 or .5.
I dont know bout the testing of bup.

in UK 2mg ones are more than enough for someone with no tolerance.
BONECUTTER ARE YOU FROM THE US? If so would you mind if i email you a question - dont worry it aint for anything illegal.

Ahhh Subutex... Buprenorphine is truely food of gods :) .
In europe the streets have been flooding of these nice 8mg tablets for a long while. At the moment buprenorphine is my choice of drug.
If you haven't got an opioid tolerance a sufficient dosage for a good nod would be something between 0.5mg and 1,0mg. If you wanna take it easy you can take just 0.2mg and definately feel it. The street price for these tabs is quite high (15$-30$, depending on various factors) but thw way you'll have to think of it is that one 8mg Subutex tablet compares to forty 0.2mg temgesics tablets so they aren't so expensive after all.
They are meant to be taken sublingually but i've found the best root of administration to be railing. I don't IV shit but that's supposed to give you the best high of these. What i do is just chop off little bits and pieces off the tab and crush them with my credit card and then rail the resulting powder. Even extremely small lines will kick your ass 'coz the tablet isn't that big and it compares to 40 temgesics.
The high lasts for ages and is really nice and mellow. The onset of buprenorphine is really slow, for me usually at least an hour. I often used to take too much because i thought the line i took first wasn't working and then had another. After doing that i usually spend the rest of the night in the toilet puking my guts out.
You don't get a rush like you do from smack. Instead you will slowly slip into a dreamy bliss state full of euphoria. I am using buprenorphine maybe a bit more than i should but it's quite hard to resist such a pleasant high. I usually take (snort) something around 1mg and it keeps me in the dreamland for the whole evening.
Smoking cannabis with it is really nice way intensify the high 'coz the two go so well together. Just don't smoke too much because when you're stoned out of your head you won't be able to take the most out of the euphoria Subutex provides.
Taking benzos with buprenorphine is a different thing. It intensifies the experience at least tenfold, no kidding. I usually take 30mg of diazepam (valium) or 3mg of alprazolam (xanax) with the intended dose of subutex. I usually time this by first snorting subutex and then wait 30mins before taking the benzos. This way the both peak at the same time and you will be left with a smile on yer face for hours. I highly recommend combining buprenorphine with benzos. It's better than heroin but that's just my opinion. It's not easy to accidentally OD on buprenorphine but please be sensible if you combine it with other drugs such as benzos.
If you are a heroin addict you won't get any recreation out of these. They just keep you away from witdrawing but they also help a lot for cravings. A friend of mine who used to be a hardcore smack addict is now in Subutex maintenance therapy. He gets 24mg of buprenorphine every morning. Thats three 8mg tabs, which to me would be an insane amount. Three 8mg tabs would easily last me over a month maybe even two because i don't do subutex on daily basis.
Buprenorphine is GOOD! It was anout time you yanks get it as well! :D :D :D :) :)

Originally posted by Bonecutter:

Are they the freebase buprenorphine like the Euro version? If so, IV is possible you just have to use vinegar t dissolve it. .

The Euro version is indeed not a freebase. It can be slammed as usual. The whole tablet is water soluble since it's intended for sublingual use. There has been some articles in local papers about the dangers of IV Subutex. They say that some binders in the pill will block your veins in long term use.
I'm not into IVing but a lot of my friends bang subutex tabs and they seem to be healthy and no one's complained yet. I guess it's kinda similar issue as how safe is IV Oxycontin. It shouldn't be done but people do it anyway.

To Bonecutter: Dude! Would you like to know what i just did? I iv:ed a couple of 0.4 mg´s Temgesic (Buprnorphine) pills. Yes thats right they are injectable in contrary to what you say they don´t need to be dissolved in vinager. They dissolve perfectly fine with plain water allthough you have to wait 3-4 minutes before they do. Alltough they can be dissolved faster if you use hot water and shake the syringe. As the pills are sublingual how did you think they dissolved under your tounge huh? IT WILL DISSOLVE IN ANY FLUID!!!
I live in sweden and here Temgesic and Subutex arent big news they have been out here long...

Also they are NOT i repeat they are NOT detectable in urin-samples, yes you heard me correct. This is the perfect pill for people hwo like opiates and opiate-high but dont wanna become smack-addicts.

Ok, I am wrong here. I cant seem to find any evidence that suggests Temgesic is bup freebase. I get boxes from the maufacturer that says"Temgesic (Buprenorphine 0.2mg)" You would think that it could say what salt of burprenorphine it is. A websearch says HCl.
They are a bitch to dissolve with straight water though and I'll always use a drop or two of vinegar.
As far as not being detected in drug screenings: That will come to an end shortly, here in the US anyway. I cant see any reasons why it's metabolites couldnt be detected. They arent tested for...yet.

I have a rather odd tolerance, I've only used it once and 2mg wasn't enough; though it seems if I would've taken more I would've felt amazing.

Subutex, not subozone

One has naloxone in it which they claimed stops IV
Use: it doesn't but its in there, thus, a different drug