• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

3 Injured After Student Discharges Police Rifle During Anti-Drugs Event

Bluelight Crew
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...y-presentation-at-elementary-school-in-chino/

CHINO (CBSLA.com) — Three students were injured Wednesday after an unidentified student pulled the trigger of a police-issued AR-15 rifle during an anti-drugs event at an elementary school in Chino.

The incident took place at 11:40 a.m. at Newman Elementary School, which is located at 4150 Walnut Ave.

The Chino Police Department was giving an anti-drug presentation on the school’s playground when a firearm was accidentally discharged, police said.

CBS2′s Randy Paige spoke to an 11-year-old student who witnessed the incident from a distance.

“The cops were playing with the kids, handball. Four square, I mean,” said Leo Castaneda. “They were giving out stickers.”

While police were not watching a motorcycle with a gun latched to it, Castaneda said a student apparently went over to the rifle and fired it at the ground. The student got startled by the noise and ran into a nearby field, said the witness.

story continues: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...y-presentation-at-elementary-school-in-chino/

more dumbass cops being allowed to come into schools and injure children due to incompetence and shear stupidity. just like the dog attack also in the news right now, all this kids learned was to fear the police.

I feel cheated the pigs never came to my grade school and let us shoot rifles or play with the k-9's. My life may have turned out completely different. Might have became a cop or something.

Real Question is Why was it loaded, and why did the cop let the kid handle it.

Haven't you realised yet, more guns equals less gun crime. The stats back it up. Imagine how many school shootings there would be in America if there were NO guns! It's unfathomable.

Haven't you realised yet, more guns equals less gun crime. The stats back it up. Imagine how many school shootings there would be in America if there were NO guns! It's unfathomable.

Do Americans all look like Yosemite Sam to non-Americans?

Yosemite-Sam-Quotes-300x281.png

What the serious fuck. Any cop should know not to bring a LOADED rifle, or any loaded gun for that matter for children to play with. Something doesn't seem right about this story.

I just love it when cops hurt children. It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. Like a blood-soaked puppy dog, that kind of warm and fuzzy.

Are you fucking kidding me. Goddamn, why a stupid, stupid, stupid cop. At the same time, kids should know not to shoot guns.

How were the children injured if the gun was fired at the ground? Are we counting scraped knees as "injuries" now?

(And yes, obviously the cop was a dumbass, and it's incredibly inappropriate to bring that sort of loaded weapon to an event with elementary schoolers. It's also inappropriate to do "anti-drugs events" with children so young IMHO even if they weren't full of propaganda, scare tactics and misinformation.

The worst part about this whole thing is how the news BLATANTLY mis titled the story in order to lure in readers. The articles does't say a single word, not even a tiny blip, about anyone being injured. There was ONE SHOT, fired INTO THE GROUND, from a rifle that was still locked to a motorcycle.

Of course, this raises questions as to why the rifle wasn't safetied if it was loaded, and why none of the officers were paying attention to it. But it's not like the cops brought a loaded rifle for kids to play with, like some of you mentioned above.

the point is nobody got hurt and this "news" article is stupid.