• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Tell me a little about adderall and this weird thing i stumbled upon.

Not Again

Bluelighter
I have a bad opie thing going on and I'm at the end. I'm trying to quit. I have sub but I want to get my oxy dose down a little bit.

Yesterday a friend gave me some adderall, 30 mg. Orange pill with 404 on it. I took 3/4 of the pill and away I went. I have a long history with meth. I've been clean for 10 years from it. This had a reminiscence of it but the ampy part wasn't as strong as street meth.

Getting to my point. It took the urge away to do more oxy. I did less than half my normal dose yesterday. I felt crappy when I woke up today, but that's because of the half dose yesterday.

The other thing is when the adderall was wearing off I had a a bout of parnoia, very similar to being on meth for a couple days straight. The paranoia was strong. I was able to deal with it being a seasoned X-meth user.

Other than the paranoia adderall could be my answer to weening. Does anybody know why I had such bad paranoia?

Did I take too much. I took 3/4 of the 30 mg pill. Half in the morning and the other quarter about 1.5 hours later.

If I can figure out a way around the paranoia I can successfully ween down from oxy which is my goal.

I have been doing a lot of oxy maybe 90 -100 mg 3-4 times a day. So my normal dose is 60 mg blue oxy ir and 3-4 norcos at the same time.

A lot of grapefruit juice and that gets me in a nice mood.

Yesterday I took maybe 200 mg all together . But spaced out and like 50 mg here and 50 mg there. Could that paranoia have
been wd's? or a form of it. Since I was doing basically half what I normally would do?

One great thing is it boosted my moral about being able to stop. I was on the " I'm stuck train" until yesterday. I now have some hope that I might be able to slow way down.

Also how addictive is adderall? I said I was a meth head for some years and I was addicted but it was all in my head, when I stopped there was really no wd's except for lack of energy for a month or two, but now I hate it and the thought of doing street meth makes me want to throw up. I know adderall is in the same class and I would not do it at all if I wasn't using it as a tool.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for any advice.

Honestly, it sounds like you are just switching one drug and drug addiction for another. Check out the sober living/darkside forum for information about cutting back on opiates, and quitting them as there are people on this site who have done this with opiates, gotten on suboxone, and then withdrawn from the suboxone as it's not meant for longterm use for months of years at a time.

Adderall/amphetamine can greatly reduce the compulsion to use/abuse other drugs like opioids or benzodiazepines, and can help break well established patterns of habitual near constant redosing.

The paranoia was likely due to the vulnerable state you were in due to w/d as well as your brain chemistry and the impact your previous meth abuse had on plasticity and monoaminergic function.

Using a drug like amphetamine for anyone, let alone someone who has a history of amp abuse, to quit opioids is very risky. It has both the potential for success and for epic failure. You should carefully weigh what's what and make a responsible decision if you do go through with this, and don't just get a bunch of pills and go for it or you'll probably just end up abusing the combination of amphetamine and oxy/hydrocodone. Be safe.