• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction I broke my golden rule; using opiates and benzos together

ThaDudeAbides

Bluelighter
Well,

I always preach never mix these two CNS substances, but I currently have Tramadol and 10mg OC's along with Hydros. I have Kpins, Xanax and soon Mogadon. I got mad faded last night and had a great time, but I know I'm playing russian roulette. I'm considering getting some subs to replace the opiates as I take benzos for my anxiety issues. I don't know what else to say but this.

Relapse can happen to anyone. We live in a world where everything can be handled by the internet/snail mail. It's been VERY hard to stop ordering. I spend 40% of my income on drugs.

I can say that last week I almost ordered 10x30mg Roxi, but I was questioning whether I should order or not the two days before I had the cash. I took the flip flopping as a sign to NOT place an order.

I don't know what to do. I just needed to let this out and vent as I have no one in real life who could even comprehend this. Hell, the DR who gives me Vics, is the same who gives me my benzos.

Thanks for listening and please comment, school me and feel free to point out my stupidity. :D

I don't think opies and benzos are a bad combo. I'm no DR and IME and IMO if you take your opies in the day and the benzos at night you will be just fine.

Again I'm no dr this is from personal experience.

I can't tell you what to do obviously, but I've OD'd from heroin & Xanax, blacked out, arrested, smashed cars, got fired from jobs, broken bones, severed relationships, made an ass of myself etc. Thankfully death never made it on the list. I'm still using H once or twice a week, but I haven't had a benzo in almost a year now. I've saved myself a lot of mess by adopting this 'benzo-free' attitude. Good luck.

Sounds like you pretty tolerant to both, so it's less dangerous. BUT IT IS VERY DANGEROUS FOR NONTOLERANT USERS. I'm addicted to opiates and used to be to benzodiazepine some I'm very tolerant to both. I usually take slightly more then my opiate maintenance dose and half of my standalone benzo dose and am fine. This was after many experiments starting at very low doses of each AND WILL VARY FROM PERSON TO PERSON. Moniter your heart rate, breathing rate, and have a drug sitter ready to call 911 or that has naxolone ready if you're dead set on doing this.

Last edited:
benzos and me are a bad combo.

and don't underestimate suboxone , it might be a partial agonist but it's actually a lot stronger than oxycodone/hydrocodone and might still lead to life endangering respiratory depression if mixed with benzos.

Time for me to make some serious life changes. I'm going to try to find professional help (not rehab) for someone to talk to that may help me get at the root of my addictive personality.

It's tough. One positive note is alcohol is no longer a part of my life.

Thanks for the replies. I have no one else to be honest with in RL; so it's nice to have this forum to let out my feelings.

Opiates and benzos are frequently Rx'd together, the assumption is that you aren't going to be using your meds in much higher doses than prescribed and that's when things can get dicey.

Opiates and benzos are frequently Rx'd together, the assumption is that you aren't going to be using your meds in much higher doses than prescribed and that's when things can get dicey.

Exactly. Or lets say you have the benzos but you don't take them for a year. Then you take them again with no tolerance and throw a glass of chardonnay and some bad luck in there you never wake up. The easiest time to OD is after a period of absitenence. Your eager to use the drug again, you know the effects are going to be much more intense than your used to, and you don't wanna miss out on any of that extra euphoria you could get. Unfortunately sometimes your tolerance has dropped way more than you realize and your fucked.

Great point. My Doc is currently prescribing both. And when my Nana was in the hospital for a month they had her on 100mcg/hr Fent patches ans 2mg of Xanax.

NOT suggesting people should mix these two different types of drugs.

combining two depressants usually has a synergistic effect - i.e. the effect is greater than the sum of the parts. and therefore you should be careful when mixing. you might be fine on x of opiate alone and y of benzo alone, but take x and y together and you could od.

The only opioid I like adding benzos to is bupe, a few mgs of etizolam kind of gives it what its missing, other than than I don't like combining benzos with opies because the benzos just kind of make it a more sloppy, blur of a high and take away from the warm euphoria, it takes away the focus on how good you're feeling.

But yea obviously its not the greatest idea to combine opies and benzos, but if you are experienced with both and take less than you would taking each alone, its not as life threatening as you will be told. Anyone I've know who died with both in their system were just getting back on it, or people new to them. Same with alcohol and opiates/oids Though I honestly think, at least ime alcohol is more dangerous to combine with opies than benzos.

Last edited:
Yeah, I use benzos with bupe regularly, and have never run into any problems. Being conservative with doses will help avoid the health risks. The real problem is becoming dependent on both opiates and benzos together imo; poly-drug addictions can get real messy real fast.