• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Question about suboxone and how long to wait to use

BIGsherm7272

Bluelighter
I have been on buprenorphine maintence for approximatley a month (8mg/day), and I was wondering how long I should wait in order to IV Dilaudid (8mg). I know if you are taking your opiates orally or intranasally that you should wait 3-4 days, but am wondering if since I am going to be injecting if 2 days would be long enough to wait. Also the last three days I have been using high amounts (20mg, 24mg, and 8mg respectively), but this has been through IV use, which I have come to understand that the half-life is much shorter when IV'ed for bupe. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Its hard for me to believe with all of the knowledgable people on here that no on has been able to answer this simple question for me yet.....maybe it is just a boring topic. I am sorry if it is, but it would immensely help me not waste anymore drugs, as I did today. Thank you to anyone who replies.

You could use it anytime, though to feel the full effects I'd wait 2-3 days. But when you go back on bupe beware of precipitated withdrawals. When I had to go without bupe once it took about 2-3 days for the withdrawals to start. So just wait a couple days til you start feeling sick. Must be nice, I wish I had some D

Thanks for the reply, I tried shooting another one again last night about 6 hours after my last attempt and still not much of a rush. Around 2am this morning I injected ~4mg of bupe, and ~2mg at 11am today, but I know the half life is much shorter when IV'ed, and 2mg won't really block injected dilaudid too much. I also haven't taken any sublingual doses in about 5 days, so I'm going to try and attempt it today, hopefully I get a better rush this time.

if you take bupe daily it builds up in your system, and its impossible to judge how much is really in you because everyones body treats drugs differently

wait as long as possible. the longer you wait the better. its not really a matter of black and white.

if youve been IVing bupe daily still, and youve done 6mg within the last 24 hours, youre definitely going to have diminished effects. IVing bupe will make it last shorter sure, but it will still last a long ass time, especially if youre doing it daily, it stacks on top of the last dose

I stupidly tried it again today, even though I only IV'ed 2mg of bup around 11am, I then waited until 7:30pm and injected 16mg of hydromorphone and still barely got a rush followed by a short high. I have never even had to shoot 2 at once to get a rush, and I have only been IV'ing bupe the last 4 or 5 days, no sublingual, so the half-life should have been much shorter. And dilaudid usually breaks through bupe doses of 2mg or less pretty good, 16mg of hydromorph barely even worked. I guess since I had been taking 8mg/day of bupe for a month and haven't really been active at all that it must have built up quite a bit in my system. I also have a slow metabolism. So I guess in order for me to feel opiates full again I would have to wait over 5 days to get a full effect from IV opiates, probably even longer for orally. That's crazy, I can only imagine how long some people have to wait who have been on high doses (8mg+) for years, they must have to wait literally a week.

I guess if I am going to continue to chip I need to keep my bupe dosing lower, such as 2mg tops daily. I am on maintence for opiate addiction and went to a nice private treatment facility called twelve oaks, and it helped me learn alot about my disease and why I do the things I do, and I thouroghly enjoy going to NA/AA meetings daily, but I still can't seem to quit using. I guess at least I have bupe to fall back on, it will help me not loose jobs cause I'm dope sick and can function in school. Perhaps one day when I am finally contempt and happy with myself and my life again I will stop doing everything and taper off bupe, or I might just take it for pain cause I do have legitimate chronic pain issues, even at 24 (hip surgery, psoriatic arthritis, bulging neck discs, fibromyalgia). It does help me alot with pain, at least with my subutex, suboxone not so much.