• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe suboxone to heroin to suboxone help??

doug2185

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, new to this site, just looking for any advice or information that can help me, I searched all over and couldn't find a close answer. I've been using 32mg of suboxone for the last week, stopped taking them for 4 days now and on the 2nd and 3rd day I used 2 bags of heroin, IV, I kind of felt them but nothing much..my question is when should I continue my suboxone? Its been 24hours since I last IVed the 2 bags of heroin, I feel kind of crappy but not bad at all..please any info would be great. Thank you.

Oh and its is the 8mg suboxone strips I am taking..I feel kind of crappy and my pupils are huge, and don't know if I should start my subs again, maybe just take a half of 8mg or a quarter?

if its been 24 hours you are likely safe. try taking a small amount, and if you dont feel shitty after an hour or two, take the whole dose.

if its been 24 hours you are likely safe. try taking a small amount, and if you dont feel shitty after an hour or two, take the whole dose.
Dudes name is go murder backwards lmao...any who hope the bomb drugs are bomb 4 ya people have survived worse

Today05:50
Its been 36hrs now and I still don't feel that bad, I'm usually a 12-16hr person when I take subs but I don't know what is going on now...maybe the subs were dominent in my system and I can just continue taking them? Its over 36hrs and that's a long time

32 mgs a day?! Yeah, the suboxone is way dominant...You'll be fine

Ok cool thanks, I think I'm going to start with just a half and see how I feel. I'm at work but I don't want to go into pw withdrawl or anything, its been almost 41hrs and I don't feel that crappy yet..idk I think 41hrs is fine...

The bupe never left your system if you're taking that much of it, I'm surprised you felt the heroin at all TBH...suboxone is a tricky drug that's different for everyone, but in this case, I know you'll be fine taking the suboxone...

Ok thank you very much..I just get so paranoid because my biggest fear is getting sick while I'm at work...like I said this is now day 5 with no subs and 42/43hours since I last used the 2bags of dope....I think I'm fine to take a half of sub or even my full dose now...I don't feel that crappy yet but whatever, you guys say its fine for me to sub so I think I'm going to. Thanks again

Yeah, start slow, but either way I think you should be fine...I wouldn't take 32mgs, which is way more than anyone needs anyway, but that's a different discussion...

Thanks..yeah I agree that it is way too much! So you agree that I should take a half and see where it goes from there? And I'll probably be ok?

Yeah man, you seem really scared....the time you should be scared is when you're back on dope completely and trying to take suboxone 12 hours later, you have nothing to worry about...I understand not being able to work sick, or having to work sick, it sucks..but you're fine man

Your making me feel less scared! Thank you very much, I really appreciate your input and help...and also how you been responding very fast...its just the way I always been tho..always worried when changing over or when I make a stupid mistake like I last did...thanks again...I'll let you know how I make out..

If it will make you feel better to have an additional person saying its all good then go ahead. Like Blue said, 32mgis a huge dose..you still had plenty in your body and you will be fine.

Def feels good to hear another person agree...I mean 44hrs, the small amount I did is def off my receptors, if it even stayed on for more than a hour..I def am thinking I'm going to be fine

Its been an hour since I took the half of sub and I feel fine so I guess I'm in the clear, thank you everyone for your help!!

this seems to be happening a lot lately and no one is coming up with a good explanation... people having issues going from heroin to suboxone, because they dont seem to be withdrawing in the normal time frame.

same thing has happened to me twice this year... and ive switched back and forth on subs/heroin(and other opiates) a ton of times.

even tho its VERY unlikely, its almost like a big batch of dope going around has methadone in it... like i said thats unlikely tho... its just weird how long the heroin is lasting in some cases...

i had to wait about 40 hours after any heroin to take suboxone again.... not fun.

Some of you guys don't realize this....but when you keep switching back and forth between large amounts of dope/oxy and Suboxone, the Suboxone eventually just takes a long time to start working, no matter how long you wait. It's a strange thing that just happens to you if you play around with it one too many times.

It's not the same thing as precipitated WDs. It took me a good almost two years of going back and forth before this started happening, and at first I thought the suboxone was never going to work again for me...It does, but it takes a good 2 1/2 days before I start to feel normal on it. Before that, I could take the Suboxone before I was really even in WD and not get sick from it.

The time frame on Suboxone is different for everyone, but as a general rule, the stronger and higher amount of opiates you're taking, the harder the transition to Suboxone will be. Methadone is the worst, but a drug like hydrocodone or codeine or even low-dose oxy, you can take bupe right on top of it and most likely not have a problem. I've seen people with 30-40mg a day hydrocodone habits get higher from the Suboxone than they ever did on the pills, more addicted too!

Any maintenance opiate is hard as hell to kick...unless you're in a grave situation where you absolutely can't afford to go through the WD and you need to stop the bleeding immediately, you shouldn't be messing with maintenance opioids, IMO.

I've been to enough different 3-4 sub doctors over the years and gone to enough "groups" that I've met dozens of other patients and talked to them about what they were using. The doctors have no problem giving someone who's only been doing pills for a year or so with a minor habit 16mgs of Suboxone a day. Somebody walks in there on heroin for 10 years, 16mgs a day...or even more if they're particularly ignorant...You will go through more pain for longer on suboxone than you ever would from coming of a pill chip-habit.

And being on maintenance actually sucks! You don't get high, you're not quite yourself...it dulls your senses and makes you apathetic...I was on a continuous opioid habit for 7 years, I thought I was normal on Suboxone until I finally got off everything...You just forget what it feels like to experience life in it's pure form. You can actually take pleasure in little things, you actually feel sad and feel genuine empathy for other people. On opiates, it's all pushed to the back burner.

So yeah, I'm stuck on Suboxone right now and I hate it, but I don't feel like going through a month of feeling horrible at the moment so....on and on and on

^I think this is the fact of the matter, I have noticed it, too. There also might be something to say for the similarity between agonizing effects bupe compared to either oxycodone or heroin. I feel bupe has more similar activity to oxy than it does to heroin. I would get nearly full relief from a 2 mg piece of sub when w/d'ing from oxy, when I switched to H that seemed to fade fast. Tolerance plays a part in this as well, but I have stuck to snorting and never increased my H use drastically. IDK if the .5-.6 g a day snorted habit(don't think stuff is great, but decent, I have no good basis for opinion as I've stuck with 1 guy) was drastically more than my 150-210 mg oxy habit (also snorted), but I would not think it was enough of a difference to render the suboxone's ceiling effect to not completely help relieve. So I see it as more of an issue of the repeated switch from full agonist to bupe and its ability to counteract certain opioid's w/d better than others.