• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Please help

GetMeThrough

Greenlighter
I have been an addict of oxy and dilaudid for over 4 years and have desperately tryin to kick it for the last year. I have been on suboxone but that became to expensive and had to get my hands on. And with dealers charging more than a dollar a mg for oxy I can't afford to keep going down this road. I am looking for any sort of alternative to get me through W/d. They tend to keep me from getting out bed and with a 3 year old little girl I cannot afford that either. Being I am a single father. I have heard about poppy tea but heard that the withdrawals can be much worse and I feel like that would be trading 12 of one a dozen of the other. I have also heard about kratom but not sure what to do.. Please help me get well

I'm sorry to hear about what a rough time you are having. Oh and welcome to Bluelight. This is a wonderful community and an excellent source of information. That being said, have you done any searches about dealing with withdrawals here on BL? There is a ton of helpful information. I will add some links for you to look at that will be extremely helpful in your situation.

I know exactly how you feel as I have been a chronic pain patient for many years. I have been through WDs many times. I also have children, 2 of which are very young. And you are right, when you have little ones it is not possible to deal with severe opiate/opioid withdrawals.

The opiate withdrawall megathread (very useful info)
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/569872-The-Opioid-Withdrawal-Megathread-and-FAQ?

The post acute withdrawals megathread (how to deal with the symptoms that come after going thru the initial physical WDs
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/651393-P-A-W-S-Megathread-and-FAQ

Those will get you started..give me a few moments and I will add some info that I personally have found helpful.

Welcome to Bluelight! This thread is going to be more suitable for the Other Drugs forum rather than The Dark Side, I'm going to move it there for you. Take care. <3

There is also someone here who frequently posts information that has a list of things/meds you can use that will help, most of. Which are OTC. I am having a hard time finding the post but have sent him a message to jump in here and give you the info.

One thing I can tell you that is very, very helpful is loperamide (immodium). This is an anti diarrheal medication that you can buy over the counter (and you can get the generic form and it is pretty cheap). This works wonders for almost everybody who uses it that is in WDs from opiates/opioids. The reason it works so well is it is actually an opioid that is closely related to fentanyl. The reason it is no longer a scheduled drug and is available over the counter is because despite being an opioid it does not cross the blood brain barrier therefore it (generally) does not cause any euphoria. I say generally because it is a little controversial as some people swear that they can get high from it in large doses. But most people swear it is an absolute life saver and it works well for me. It will combat most all of your symptoms whn taken in the right dose. Of course the dosage to help with WDs is going to be much higher than what the bottle will tell you to take but these higher dosages tend have very little side effects or danger. It can be nuero toxic in very high doses with prolonged use. I generally start with 20mg (which is 10 tablets, they are 2mg each). After about 45 mins if I am not feeling relief then I take a couple of more and continue likewise until I am feeling a little better.

The loperamide will help you if you are in desperate need of help but when you stop taking it you will have WDs from that point so there are some other things you can do to help get off of opiates/opioids permanently. I will have my friend post that info for you asap.

Good luck and feel free to message me if you wish.

There is also someone here who frequently posts information that has a list of things/meds you can use that will help, most of. Which are OTC. I am having a hard time finding the post but have sent him a message to jump in here and give you the info.

One thing I can tell you that is very, very helpful is loperamide (immodium). This is an anti diarrheal medication that you can buy over the counter (and you can get the generic form and it is pretty cheap). This works wonders for almost everybody who uses it that is in WDs from opiates/opioids. The reason it works so well is it is actually an opioid that is closely related to fentanyl. The reason it is no longer a scheduled drug and is available over the counter is because despite being an opioid it does not cross the blood brain barrier therefore it (generally) does not cause any euphoria. I say generally because it is a little controversial as some people swear that they can get high from it in large doses. But most people swear it is an absolute life saver and it works well for me. It will combat most all of your symptoms whn taken in the right dose. Of course the dosage to help with WDs is going to be much higher than what the bottle will tell you to take but these higher dosages tend have very little side effects or danger. It can be nuero toxic in very high doses with prolonged use. I generally start with 20mg (which is 10 tablets, they are 2mg each). After about 45 mins if I am not feeling relief then I take a couple of more and continue likewise until I am feeling a little better.

The loperamide will help you if you are in desperate need of help but when you stop taking it you will have WDs from that point so there are some other things you can do to help get off of opiates/opioids permanently. I will have my friend post that info for you asap.

Good luck and feel free to message me if you wish.

I have been a reader on blue light for some time and its an amazing feeling to have people like you so willing to help. I really hope that I can get through this. I hear about people doing all the time and I just want a better life for my daughter. Any help really does mean the world to me

I am having trouble figuring how to message you directly, were you sayin I would have wd from the loperamide? How are those in comparison to other opiate wd?

I'm sorry to hear about what a rough time you are having. Oh and welcome to Bluelight. This is a wonderful community and an excellent source of information. That being said, have you done any searches about dealing with withdrawals here on BL? There is a ton of helpful information. I will add some links for you to look at that will be extremely helpful in your situation.

I know exactly how you feel as I have been a chronic pain patient for many years. I have been through WDs many times. I also have children, 2 of which are very young. And you are right, when you have little ones it is not possible to deal with severe opiate/opioid withdrawals.

The opiate withdrawall megathread (very useful info)
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/569872-The-Opioid-Withdrawal-Megathread-and-FAQ?

The post acute withdrawals megathread (how to deal with the symptoms that come after going thru the initial physical WDs
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/651393-P-A-W-S-Megathread-and-FAQ

Those will get you started..give me a few moments and I will add some info that I personally have found helpful.

Thank you so much I know I have a long road ahead to actually beat this.. How have you dealt withdrawals and the kids? I hate feeling like I can't get better for her(my daughter) it makes me feel absolutely worthless to not be able to cherish are time because I have no motivation along with the wd symptoms

I am having trouble figuring how to message you directly, were you sayin I would have wd from the loperamide? How are those in comparison to other opiate wd?

Yes, you would eventually have to face withdrawals once you stop taking the loperamide. You can do something like decrease it by 1mg each day until you are off, so starting at 20mg or so would be a 1 month taper if you decreased by 0.5mg once you got down to 4mg.

Definately try kratom dude, small amounts will give you energy and help with the w/d also kratom w/d isnt as intense as most opiate w/d

Do we have a kratom dosing thread around here anywhere? Anyone? I have no idea whatsoever. If you go the kratom route, find a supplier with good reviews and consistent product. I don't know what your opioid tolerance is, but it can be somewhat potentiated with Nigella Sativa seed extract.

Clonidine. Do get some. Doctors will throw it at you for opioid withdrawals. I don't think this has been mentioned on bluelight before, but the positive effects of clonidine in treatment of opioid addiction can be increased with a passionflower extract, which also works somewhat like a really weak benzo. A component of it has also been shown(in rats) to help reverse tolerance and dependence on several psychotropic drugs, including morphine and diazepam. I think the people touting this may be full of shit, but there are studies to back up the claims.

I personally find tramadol and gabapentin(alternately, baclofen) fantastic for withdrawals. Most like you can get a doctor to script you those with a slingshot as well, but if not.... google it.

I'm sure others here will chime in.

Best of luck!

Oh, right--you cunts always want references, right? Meh.

Akhondzadeh S, Kashani L, Mobaseri M, et al. Passionflower in the
treatment of opiates withdrawal: A double-blind randomized controlled
trial.J Clin Pharm Ther 2001;26:369–373

Dhawan K. Drug/substance reversal effects of a novel tri-substituted
benzoflavone moiety (BZF) isolated from Passiflora incarnata—a brief perspective. Addiction Biol 2003; 8:379–386.

Dhawan K, Kumar S, Sharma A. Aphrodisiac activity of methanol extract
of leaves of Passiflora incarnata nn. in mice. Phytother Res 2003;17:401–403.