• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Choosing an appropriate rc stimulant for fatigue/ADD

《Plasticity》

Bluelight Crew
Okay let me start off by saying I've got plenty of health problems... although some might consider them mild, they interfere with day to day life. I have been self medicating for quite a while as I've lost faith in doctors and only choose to go for medical issues that I can't solve myself. So I have Anxiety/SAD which I alternate treatment with etizolam and phenibut to reduce dependance and also take kratom for pain/depression/recreation and have done so for two years. I also take psychedelics and other recreational substances but thats off topic.

So that brings me to my ADD... I have really bad ADD and I can never concentrate on one thing or follow through with tasks and it's really annoying. Also the stimulant aspects of kratom have long gone with prolonged use so now all I feel are the opiate effects which can make me a bit lazy/sedated so my question is what would be an appropriate stimulant that would act as an adderall substitute? I'm just looking for something that I can take small doses of just enough to be productive and function NOT to get all tweeked out and jittery as I HATE stims for recreation as the comedowns always make me feel like my heart is gonna explode or I am going to faint. Im looking for a legal stim that is gentle and wont keep me up all night and is not so neurotoxic.suggestions would be appreciated, again im NOT looking for some toxic, super euphoric, recreational stim but a gentle, subtle, generally safe stim. Perhaps low dose ethylphenidate(5-10mgs a day)??? But then again stims are not my area of study so maybe the smarter folk can chime in. Keep in mind safety and efficacy of mid-long term use is important.

Well long term use of any amphetamine type stims will be damaging to the brain (neuro-toxic) but the safest for longterm use is good old amphetamine itself! Its got the longest history of use and is used daily by millions generally without great difficulties.
I do hear that 2-fa though is well liked by most as a functional rc stim, however longterm use could have bad or damaging side effects, this is the risk with all rc substances as we have no proper studies or data to draw upon.
My second guess would also have been ethylphenidate as its the closest to existing ADHD meds (methylphenidate) but be warned most people do find it very stimulating and quite euphoric so you would have to dose quite low.

+1 for dextroamphetamine (and 2-fa once in a while instead of my usual med for a fun day or night, it feels great even nicer, but 2-fa doesn't have a history, so I don't take it often) combined with a good antioxidant (just started after long time methylphenidate perscription, worsened my depression) and I take a day off my d-amp I get perscribed once or twice a week and use a nootropic stack that day consisting of a racetam, picamilon and a source of choline. This works pretty well for my ADD and mood in general

Ethylphenidate gave me a stressed out stimulation and a horrible mood after/next day.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of the pharmacological effects of stimulants on the ADHD condition, so I'm not sure if a nootropic would be of any value to you; ethylphenidate is the closest you'll find to conventional medicine, however, you need to bear in mind the massive costs involved; you'll be dosing it every single day, and paying almost street prices on the gram.

Trust me, I understand your antipathy towards practitioners; I personally can't stand the arrogant know-it-all demeanour of some doctors I've dealt with, but getting conventional treatment for your ADHD could be your best bet here. After all, RC's operate in a legal "grey area"-not much is known about the long term health implications of using some of these drugs on a regular basis (not to mention the financial costs involved...)

again im NOT looking for some toxic, super euphoric, recreational stim but a gentle, subtle, generally safe stim. Perhaps low dose ethylphenidate(5-10mgs a day)??? But then again stims are not my area of study so maybe the smarter folk can chime in. Keep in mind safety and efficacy of mid-long term use is important.

2-fa and 2-fma are extremely similar to dextroamphetamine and they are very good for focus and there doesnt seem to be much of a euphoria besides the first time you take it really high up (then it "ceilings off")
In a way it makes me more sociable than dextro, and a little less tweaked and "superman" feeling like the high dose of dextro tends to give.

I'd avoid most cathinones as they are scattered, and ethylphenidate is one of the most euphoric abusable stims I know of, and it's not very focused IMHO.
The only cathinone that gave me decent focus was Pentedrone and NEB, NEB being MUCH better than Pentedrone as far as comedown/fiend/anxiety/focus goes.

I know some people say low dose 4fa works for them but i'd avoid due to it's serotonin releasing nature. it's basically semi stimulating non psychedelic E.

Also MPA i never liked and I think it's got dodgy metabolites and method of action.